Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: W.U.D Windows Updates Downloader

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

W.U.D Windows Updates Downloader

Welcome to the Windows Updates Downloader. If you're familiar with WUD already then you already know where you're going. For those of you who are new to WUD, please read on.

So I'm pretty sure one of the first questions you're asking is What is the Windows Updates Downloader?

The Windows Updates Downloader was actually created through my long lasting addiction to the MSFN forums. Anyone who knows anything about MSFN knows that it's famous for being the number one source of information and help on the Internet for unattended Windows installations and Windows customizations. One of the great things about creating unattended Windows installations is that you can integrate all of the latest updates into the installation and avoid spending hours waiting for the updates to download and install themselves after a fresh installation. As time goes on since the last service pack was released, the list of Windows updates tends to grow to be quite lengthy.

Creating an unattended Windows installation solved the installation portion of the problem but all of the updates needed to be manually downloaded before they could be integrated into the installation source. With the quantity of updates quickly approaching triple digits, it was clear something was needed to speed things up. This is where WUD comes along.

WUD allows you to download all of the current Windows Updates using a simple interface. All of the updates are contained in Update Lists (ULs) which allows you to choose which updates you want for which version of Windows. Once WUD has complete it's downloads, you simply integrate them into your Windows source using one of the many popular tools such as nLite.

As time goes on the Windows Updates Downloader continues to evolve. ULs are available for software other then Windows and automatic installation of updates is available on supported versions of Windows. WUD aims to help power users, tweakers and system administrators speed up their unattended installs, network deployments and automatic updates.

Enjoy.

personal note here. I have personally been using this tool for a number of years to archive windows updates ton make my life a little easier when installing new systems and when in making unattended windows installation discs.

Windows Updates Downloader
    Version 2.50 Build 1002

Update Lists (ULs)

The Update Lists (ULs) contain the necessary list of updates for each of the versions of Windows listed below. You will also find ULs for other software such as Office and Exchange.

In order to use the ULs, they must be in the same folder as the Windows Updates Downloader program folder. WUD integrates itself in the shell in order to simplify installation of UL files. Simply download and install WUD first, run it once, then come back here to download the ULs which you want to use.

When presented with the option to open or save, simply open the UL and it will automatically install itself in the WUD program folder.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

paul362 (03-05-12),Sicilian (03-05-12)