Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Edubuntu 12.04

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Edubuntu 12.04

Welcome to Edubuntu 12.04 LTS!

After 6 months of preparation, it's with great pride that the Edubuntu development team announces today the release of Edubuntu 12.04 LTS.

As the first Long Term Support release of the Edubuntu project, this version will be supported for 5 years (April 2017). The Edubuntu development team will also provide "point releases" in sync with Ubuntu's to offer you new installation medias containing all the latest bugfixes.

You may now try it online or download it.

For this release, we focused on stability and bug fixes to deliver the most stable and best translated Edubuntu release ever.
    What's new ?

As usual, Edubuntu inherits most of the changes that occur in Ubuntu.
    Additionally, this release brings you:

iTalc was replaced by Epoptes, a new classroom management software, fixing most stability and usability issues we had with iTalc in the past.
    New major version of LTSP (5.3.x) including numerous bugfixes, speed improvement, lowering bandwidth requirements and improving fat client support.
    Fully translatable installation and post-installation environment.
    Support for Wubi, letting you install Edubuntu from Windows.
    By popular request and for the convenience of administrators, the full vim, as well as pastebinit are now installed by default.

To learn more about what's new Ubuntu 12.04, you can read the full release notes.

Code:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseNotes/Edubuntu

Downloads

Code:
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/12.04/release/edubuntu-12.04-dvd-i386.iso
    Code:
    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/12.04/release/edubuntu-12.04-dvd-amd64.iso
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-05-12)