Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sky Italia piracy network busted

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Sky Italia piracy network busted

Italy’s Financial Police (Guardia di Finanza) has uncovered a network of illegal reception of pay-TV platform Sky Italia, with 26 people denounced for “alleged fraud” following an investigation.

Police in Vallo della Lucania near Salerno were able to trace the scam, carried out throughout most of Italy, which allowed, via single pay-TV subscription and an Internet connection, unauthorised reception of all Sky Italia’s encrypted channels.
    The pirates (‘card servers’) channelled the access codes to a separate server and successively encrypted them, before diffusing them via an Internet connection to many end users (‘card clients’) connected to them, who were able to watch the pay-TV channels for free, thanks to use of dedicated decoders.

The investigation also identified four people in charge, operating in the Campania and Basilicata regions, who ensured the continuous updating of the encryption codes, allowing the viewing of Sky channels in all users connected. The 26 people will have to answer for alleged fraud.

In addition, computer equipment was seized during the raids, consisting of personal computers and decoders used for the scam, which helped to prevent a further 50 account holders from receiving the encryption codes.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/index.php/2012/03/08/sky-italia-piracy-network-busted/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (08-03-12),FuManchu (09-03-12),johno (08-03-12),Sicilian (08-03-12),stefmat (20-03-12)