Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sky lines up multi-platform F1 coverage

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Sky lines up multi-platform F1 coverage

As the start of the 2012 Formula 1 season fast approaches, Sky Sports has revealed further details of the multi-platform coverage it is putting in place to accompany coverage on Sky Sports F1 HD, which goes live on Sky channel 408 on Friday 9th March.

In addition to the brand new channel, multi-platform coverage includes:

The Sky Sports App for iPad, which will enable Sky customers to enjoy an in-depth F1 viewing experience with live streams, data and social media coverage, as well as in-depth coverage of the sport in time for the first Grand Prix.
    Extra live content on the Sky Sports interactive service through Sky Race Control via the red button, where viewers can get the driver’s eye view by following on-board cameras, gain an insight into the challenges experienced by Formula 1 teams via the Pit Lane Channel, and can keep up to date with the race statistics.
    Throughout the season, fans can visit skysports.com/f1 for news, features and reports together with expert analysis from members of the Sky Sports F1 HD team, including Martin Brundle, David Croft and Ted Kravitz.
    Sky Sports News HD will also offer unprecedented coverage of Formula 1 with two dedicated reporters working throughout the season, with up to six days of coverage from each Grand Prix.
    These Sky customers will also be able to watch the Sky Sports F1 channel for no extra charge on the move, through PC, Mac, laptops, smart phones and tablet devices with Sky’s TV service Sky Go.

Sky Sports F1 is available free of charge for customers with Sky Sports 1 and 2 or the HD channels mix and can be found on channel 408 from Friday 9th March. The Formula 1 app features are set to go live when the season begins in Melbourne on Friday 16th March.

Croft said that Sky Sports wanted to make Formula 1 “sexy and make it come alive, week after week,” taking the best bits of the F1 HD channel, extending it and thinking outside the box to come up with the features for the app.

David Gibb, Director of Sky Sports Digital Media, said the app was very much ‘Release 1′ with enhancements to follow as the season progresses. It would initially be available solely for the iPad. “We’re seeing usage and scale on tablets,” he explained.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/index.php/2012/03/07/sky-lines-up-multi-platform-f1-coverage/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (08-03-12)