Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solomend 800HD pvr/ Openbox S9 / Skybox S9 / Sathawk linux satellite boxes firmware.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Baz, Sorry sound like you have had to many beers!
    Lets give this box the low down.
    1st Ths box is no DM800HD it is Client only and will not run any image of enigma, Yes it is linux based but the buck stops there.

This box is as many have described, cheap and chearfull, You get what you pay for.
    It has little support but it is well put together.

If you have a very low buget and are able to put lots of time into making your own channel list without the following transponders that will put your box into eternal reboot mode (unplug the satellite feed and reboot then change channel to overcome the problem).

In my opinion this box is a good buy for anyone that has time to tinker with channel lists and avoid the the frequencys that loop the box in reboot are, 12.110 v, 12.148 h and 12.207 v. (most sport 28.2 SD channels, there are replacements of the channels on other transponders).

This box has NO ftp or telnet, but there is a channel editor out there to make life that bit simpler.

The blined scan takes little over 2min`s to compleat, Very impresive the fastest i have seen for 28.2

The menu is very simple and i do not recomend this box for anyone that likes to pimp there box, (A-Z for example is rubbish).

All in all, Great price and if you can put the time in and have the skill to use a computer then you will be glad of the skimpy amount you have spent on a STB.

Just some other names of this STB that are all the same thing with different encloseures:- OPENBOX s9hd, SOLOMEND 800, SKYBOX s9hd and INVEL 800, This box comes in other guizes as well but it is no Dreambox 800hd.

11.1w power consumption and a reported 0.1w in standby.
    Last edited by reddishd; 31-10-10 at 01:16.
    Technomate TM-800HD Beta tester. TM 6900 HD, TM5400CI+ super, ClearOS servers, smargo+ x5,Spiderbox 9000hd, spiderbox 5000sd, Openbox s9HD, Sky HD multiroom full sub.
    Dishes, Main dish is 1.2m Triax, 1.1m prime focus, 80cm moterised, & zone2 sky dish.
    Cams and cards are, Diablo 2.3 & diblo wifi, Dragoncam v2, Gamma,Titanium 1,2, Canal digital,DigitALB, JSC 1-10, Nova Gr, many ice scrapers & old cams.
    Loads of other satellite kit.
    Satellite ark is 45w - 36e.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reddishd For This Useful Post:

bigup7 (17-01-11),jarraz (19-03-11),tomthebomb1968 (02-11-10)

Title
    Thanks
    just tried to download said the file has been removed b.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bullsi For This Useful Post:

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    another reason why it's best to either upload the file directly to the forums server or host it on your own account to prevent this type of thing happening.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullsi View Post
    just tried to download said the file has been removed b.
    Thats a really old file the latest one is dated 06 January 2011
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here is the latest HDS2-11-01-02:0899CMT

What's New:
    In version [HDS2-11-01-02:0899CMT] the following have either been added, fixed or changed:
    1 .. Making a full system dump is now fixed.
    2 .. CCcam Priority option added.
    3 .. Security Password when entering sections such as the CCcam secrion has now been deactivated.
    4 .. On Bootup the display will once again show the IP Address used in your clines.
    6 .. A few minor bugs addressed, making the receiver more stable.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11),Larry-G (11-01-11),Sicilian (11-01-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is a modified L53 Dump file, and was released on [10 January 2011]
    This L53_MOD Dump file is based on the latest firmware version [HDS2-11-01-02:0899CMT]

Included in the L53_MOD Dump file is a multi-satellite channel list [V2.60].
    The channel list default motor setting is: DisEqC 1.2.
    Coverage of the channel list is: 45east to 30west.
    Included in the zip file is a replace.list
    Also included is a constant cw file, which contains active Biss keys, mainly for use on 26E 10E 5E & 4W.

The channel list can also be used on a fixed dish setup, simply click the Zoom or SatList button, and select any satellite from the data base that you wish to access.
    ================================================== =================================

What's New:
    A number of new or updated channels on various satellites added.
    Re-organised channel list on various satellites.
    Most non accessable channels removed.
    I believe all the channels that cause rebooting problems, have now been removed.
    To optimize this list & receiver to it's full potential, you will require a full multi-sat coverage cline.
    ================================================== =================================

Instructions:
    If this is the first time you have uploaded a Dump.file, then you will need to read the following instructions:-
    1 Click Menu -> System Setup -> TV System -> Video Resolution this will return to the default setting of [1080i 60] after each upload, if your TV has a refresh rate of 50Mhz then set the video resolution to [1080i 50] and the picture will become clear now press exit
    Now select Local Time Settings and set it as follows if your located in the UK:
    1 GMT Usage ... ON
    2 GMT Offset .. UTC+00:00
    3 Summer Time . OFF
    now click exit and exit again
    Now select Network Local Setting and if your router supports DHCP then set it to On
    otherwise you will need to configure the settings manually, once you have set it up click Apply then exit
    Finally click CCcam Plug Setting, if you already have an active cccam.cfg file transfer it to a USB Stick insert the stick into the USB connection on the rear of the receiver and click Update Files By USB then select Option 1 in the popup box and click the OK button then click the Yellow button and your cccam.cfg files will be transfered
    Now you need to activate the files, click CCcam Plug Setting then Manage Config Files click Option 1 and select each file in turn and click the OK button when you have a tick next to the files you wish to activate then exit.
    To finish the activation and configuration process you must now reboot your receiver, then once it has restarted all should be okay.
    The channel list included in the HDS2_L53_MOD file, includes the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list, this is by no means a finished list, and is still an ongoing project WITH REGULAR UPDATES.

How to add the replace.list file.
    Click Menu -> Network Setup -> MGCamd Plug Settings -> Update Files by USB
    -> replace.list [MGCamd Plug] now click either the OK or Green button to select replace.list and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
    You can then if you wish, check to see if the list has been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on replace.list if all went well, you will see the following example: X: {{ 1833 } { 1702 }}

How to add the Constant cw list.
    Click Menu -> Network Setup -> CCam Client Setup -> Update Files by USB
    -> Constant cw now click either the OK or Green button to select Constant cw and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
    You can then if you wish, check to see if the keys have been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on Constant cw if all went well, you will see all the keys listed.

Anyone may use, or share this modified Dump file, all I ask is that you do not remove, or edit the files included in any way, or add any other extra files, which are mainly spam, giving credit to some obscure web site.
    Of course we are aware of the fact, that some still have a tendancy to ignore the above request.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Data (11-01-11),jarraz (19-03-11),Larry-G (11-01-11),Sicilian (11-01-11)

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Heads up on this you will deffo have to do a factory reset and pick your sats to scan. scan them in order of importance when you run out of space you can then organise them alfabetically then start from scratch and set your favs up. if you install a previous favs it will fill up the channel quota and you will have great difficulty in getting the box to accept new sats to scan. I spent 3 hours on this till we worked out what was wrong.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Data For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    OpenBox S9 Modified L53 Dump.file with Channel List [01 February 2011]
    This is a modified L53 Dump file, and was released on [01 February 2011]
    This L53_MOD Dump file is based on the latest firmware version [HDS2-11-01-02:0899CMT]

If you already have the previous L53_Dump file dated [10 January 2011] loaded, you may if you wish just load the updated channel list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To keep your receiver & channel list upto date, go to the following link & download then install the latest channel list,
    which I shall try and update on a weekly basis, with only the most relevant changes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Included in all the L53_MOD Dump files, is the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list.
    The channel list default motor setting is: DisEqC 1.2.
    Coverage of the channel list is: 45east to 30west.
    Included in the zip file is a replace.list
    Also included is a constant cw file, which contains active Biss keys, mainly for use on 26E 10E 5E & 4W.
    The channel list can also be used on a fixed dish setup, simply click the Zoom or SatList button, and select any satellite from the data base that you wish to access.

What's New:
    A number of new or updated channels on various satellites added.
    Re-organised channel list on various satellites.

I believe all the channels that caused rebooting problems, have now all been removed.
    To optimize this list & receiver to it's full potential, you will require a full multi-sat coverage cline.

Instructions:
    Click Menu -> Tools -> Upgrade by USB -> Set Upgrade Mode to Image File -> Upgrade File select HDS2_L53_MOD -> Now select Start and click YES to install.

If this is the first time you have uploaded a Firmware or Dump.file, then you will also need to read the following instructions:-
    1 Click Menu -> System Setup -> TV System -> Video Resolution this will return to the default setting of [1080i 60] after each upload, if your TV has a refresh rate of 50Mhz then set the video resolution to [1080i 50] and the picture will become clear now press exit
    Now select Local Time Settings and set it as follows if your located in the UK:
    1 GMT Usage ... ON
    2 GMT Offset .. UTC+00:00
    3 Summer Time . OFF
    now click exit and exit again
    Now select Network Local Setting and if your router supports DHCP then set it to On
    otherwise you will need to configure the settings manually, once you have set it up click Apply then exit
    Finally click CCcam Plug Setting, if you already have an active cccam.cfg file transfer it to a USB Stick insert the stick into the USB connection on the rear of the receiver and click Update Files By USB then select Option 1 in the popup box and click the OK button then click the Yellow button and your cccam.cfg files will be transfered
    Now you need to activate the files, click CCcam Plug Setting then Manage Config Files click Option 1 and select each file in turn and click the OK button when you have a tick next to the files you wish to activate then exit.
    To finish the activation and configuration process you must now reboot your receiver, then once it has restarted all should be okay.
    The channel list included in the HDS2_L53_MOD file, includes the latest L53 multi-satellite channel list, this is by no means a finished list, and is still an ongoing project WITH REGULAR UPDATES.

How to add the replace.list file.
    Click Menu -> Network Setup -> MGCamd Plug Settings -> Update Files by USB
    -> replace.list [MGCamd Plug] now click either the OK or Green button to select replace.list and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
    You can then if you wish, check to see if the list has been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on replace.list if all went well, you will see the following example: X: {{ 1833 } { 1702 }}

How to add the Constant cw list.
    Click Menu -> Network Setup -> CCam Client Setup -> Update Files by USB
    -> Constant cw now click either the OK or Green button to select Constant cw and place a check mark next to it, once the check mark or tick is visable click the Yellow button to upload.
    You can then if you wish, check to see if the keys have been correctly added, by clicking Manage Config Files and clicking on Constant cw if all went well, you will see all the keys listed.

Anyone may use, or share this modified Dump file, all I ask is that you do not remove, or edit the files included in any way, or add any other extra files, which are mainly spam, giving credit to some obscure web site.
    Of course we are aware of the fact, that some still have a tendancy to ignore the above request.

NOTE: not my work found on another site thought may be usefull to someone here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bassethound; 04-02-11 at 16:20.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ka5hm1r For This Useful Post:

bassethound (04-02-11),jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Latest Firmware Openbox S9 and Solomend 800HD

Added Greek language and so on
    Optimize CCCAM and CS function
    Optimize the reading card function

Warning backup all your files before updating!!!!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11),ka5hm1r (18-03-11),m4ss (02-03-11),Sicilian (02-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone tried this new firmware?
    You mod have you tried?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to m4ss For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ss View Post
    You mod have you tried?
    im sure basset will try it as he has my old s9 hd
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

20. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    ok, I'll wait feedback so !
    thank you

22. The Following User Says Thank You to m4ss For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ss View Post
    You mod have you tried?
    I have installed the image tonight all looks good so far!!!!!

don't forget to back up your files first

cant see anything new has been added since the last release
    Last edited by bassethound; 02-03-11 at 20:07.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Thanks
    I recently bought an Openbox from here -another site . Its worth it for £90 but the HD picture is not as good as my clone DM800.

Having said that its much better picture quality than a Dreambox 500s ,even on the standard definition channels (due to the HD tuner upscaling). I still think the DM800 is worth paying the extra for
    Last edited by basilyoung; 05-03-11 at 00:21. Reason: NO LIVE LINKS Please read the rules

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Digicore For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    New firmware HDS2_SCMT_20110315

new firmware HDS2_SCMT_20110315

thai language added
    2000 users on server
    improved ir*eto sharing
    rebooting problem when sharing

don't forget to back up your files first

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

jarraz (19-03-11),Sicilian (17-03-11)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast