Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Damn foxes!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul362 View Post
    some of us don't like bloodsports though.
    it's not bloodsports. i live in a very rural area and because we no longer have a local foxhunt ( which i am against my self ) we have a surplus of foxes. foxes who on occasions have been known to sit in a farmers yard eating his lambs. in those cases i gladly kill them with a bullet, and thats far more humane than the fox being ripped apart by a pack of dogs.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    it's not bloodsports. i live in a very rural area and because we no longer have a local foxhunt ( which i am against my self ) we have a surplus of foxes. foxes who on occasions have been known to sit in a farmers yard eating his lambs. in those cases i gladly kill them with a bullet, and thats far more humane than the fox being ripped apart by a pack of dogs.
    I agree as long as they are killed for a reason and with 1 shot to the head.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Thanks
    Re the fox problem, I had a similar situation some time ago when my cat kept fighting with a fox, saw it one evening. (Vet treatment was in excess of fifty quid) I spoke to a local farmer who lent me his trap, a hard wired box with a swinging door enterance (hinged from above). The door was suported at the end by a light stick. I placed some eggs and meat on a plate in to the trap, the fox later went in, thinking there was loads of space to do a runner. Being busy with the eats, he knocked the stick and down came the door, clicking shut.
    Next day the trap & fox were returned to said farmer who thereafter dutifly shot the f****r.
    Conaxthewarrior

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i would never shoot the fox in the head as there is always a possibility that it would get away but with severe injuries. for a clean one shot one kill, i always go for a heart and lungs shot. this stops the animal dead in its tracks. with no possibility of causing any more pain than necessary.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    i would never shoot the fox in the head as there is always a possibility that it would get away but with severe injuries. for a clean one shot one kill, i always go for a heart and lungs shot. this stops the animal dead in its tracks. with no possibility of causing any more pain than necessary.
    Being there, I hoped the fox would go without pain or knowing. The farmer used a high velocity rifel (shoots over 1½ miles he said). On impact the animal literally blew apart , its remains laying in the trap as bait for future foxes. So it departed humanely, at least.
    Conaxthewarrior

jusaju
    Quote Originally Posted by paul362 View Post
    Just go and piss in your garden they hate human piss (no joke)..
    Hi

Yes, here is one photo where people are preventing foxes passing roads

7.62...one size fits all ...is not always the only solution
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jusaju; 23-10-10 at 16:50.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    best thing to do thats a sure fire way but hard to achive is fox peee from another male sprinkle round edges it will stop the other coming in teratory thing#

edit... sorry didn't see above post lol
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Looks like the foxes are fighting back
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hummer66 View Post
    Looks like the foxes are fighting back
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Best bet to start with CCtv and watch the critter. then sit, stue, plan, then let out the staffy and all then is down to nature. No giult. I love my staff and i live in the lake district, Belive me we have loads of unwanted wildlife.
    Trip sensors to start the camera and a constant time log will let you know when to let the dog out. He he!

This methord works well for unwanded humans to!
    Last edited by reddishd; 31-10-10 at 02:04.
    Technomate TM-800HD Beta tester. TM 6900 HD, TM5400CI+ super, ClearOS servers, smargo+ x5,Spiderbox 9000hd, spiderbox 5000sd, Openbox s9HD, Sky HD multiroom full sub.
    Dishes, Main dish is 1.2m Triax, 1.1m prime focus, 80cm moterised, & zone2 sky dish.
    Cams and cards are, Diablo 2.3 & diblo wifi, Dragoncam v2, Gamma,Titanium 1,2, Canal digital,DigitALB, JSC 1-10, Nova Gr, many ice scrapers & old cams.
    Loads of other satellite kit.
    Satellite ark is 45w - 36e.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry m8 but that's just a damn stupid thing to say.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to paul362 For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (31-10-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I think this thread has now run its course, time to close before members get offended.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (31-10-10),paul362 (31-10-10)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123