Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Uk ultimo why such a price difference

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts

Uk ultimo why such a price difference

I was fortunate enough 2 weeks ago to get my ultimo @ a super price for the uk it was near enough the same price here as it is in germany the average price here seems to be £529 thats make a saving of £60 if purchased from abroad , although saying that the duo is quite close on prices between uk & eu ,is it a case of rip britian again but if it was that wouldnt the duo be cheaper in eu ??
    Just curious really

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    The uk price is set by the uk distributor.

I bought mine xmas eve for what I think is a good price, but compared to the rest of europe it seems pretty much average

Title
    Thanks
    got mine for < £500,

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    The uk price is set by the uk distributor.

I bought mine xmas eve for what I think is a good price, but compared to the rest of europe it seems pretty much average
    A distributor cannot set a price for any product in the UK this was outlawed years ago in favour of RRP, Now a distributor can set the RRP for a product but it is up to the individual company to sell at what price they deem themselves

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digi247 View Post
    A distributor cannot set a price for any product in the UK this was outlawed years ago in favour of RRP, Now a distributor can set the RRP for a product but it is up to the individual company to sell at what price they deem themselves
    Right ok, they set the RRP and charge the retails a certain price which basicly forces them to sell at the RRP and not any cheaper as they don't make any money themselves then.

They can't sell it for any more than the RRP as the distributor themselves sell them at the RRP as do there competators.

So although legally it's only an RRP, I am 99% sure everyone is aware it is price fixing still.

digi247
    Right ok, they set the RRP and charge the retails a certain price which basicly forces them to sell at the RRP and not any cheaper as they don't make any money themselves then.

They can't sell it for any more than the RRP as the distributor themselves sell them at the RRP as do there competators.

So although legally it's only an RRP, I am 99% sure everyone is aware it is price fixing still.
    True mate but i am sure i have seen some prices and i mean its not much but advertise it @ £524, where as Technomate who recently discounted the TM800HD from £199 to £149 and now some retailers have it for £139 i have still seen some shops selling for between £189 and £219. Just goes to show profiteering is still rife in some quarters

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digi247 View Post
    True mate but i am sure i have seen some prices and i mean its not much but advertise it @ £524, where as Technomate who recently discounted the TM800HD from £199 to £149 and now some retailers have it for £139 i have still seen some shops selling for between £189 and £219. Just goes to show profiteering is still rife in some quarters
    The sponser here gives members of this forum £5 off any receiver they buy from them, so that would make it £524 for an Ultimo to any member of this forum.

digi247
    The sponser here gives members of this forum £5 off any receiver they buy from them, so that would make it £524 for an Ultimo to any member of this forum.
    Very true Ev0 just shows you it can be done