Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bt RIP OFF

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts

bt RIP OFF

Your line rental increases in October.

But we can help you reduce it to less than you're paying today.

Dear Mr Totally Gulable Basil,

On 1 October 2010, your line rental will increase by 50 pence a month. We're also making changes to the cost of daytime calls, our call set-up fee, and call return service. You can find more details below.

We appreciate it's not the kind of news you'll welcome, but there's more news in this email which we hope you will.

For instance, you can cut the cost of your line rental to the equivalent of just £9.49 a month, by making some changes to the way you pay for it. That's the cheapest among all leading UK providers, including sly, v1rg1n Media and TalkTalk.

To take advantage, you need to pay a year's line rental up-front by debit or credit card, set up a Direct Debit for your other regular payments, and choose to get your BT bills online.

To save money with BT Line Rental Saver, please visit bt.com/linesaver

What makes your BT line more than just a phone line?
    All the valuable extras.
    dumped the bt services a few months ago,
    but at a cost, after being with them for years, I found that I had a "rolling" contract, renewable automaticly every feb, aside from the fact there "help" line needed a degree in cryptologie
    it cost me £75 to cancel the said contract, any one that has bt needs to investigate this, and cancel,

but now, as per the quote, they are now trying to lock peeps into there naff service

but although it cost me to dump them, my cost were recoverd in a matter of a few months

baz
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Out of interest did you go to cable or another BT type provider?

I took my old dear off BT approx 2 years and put onto talktalk. Heard loads of horror story's about them, but have to be honest the service has been great! Shes had two fualts since being with them, but they where dealt with promptly once I got through on their fualts line.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    am with talk talk after bt ... 3 times as fast internet way better service , i only got lies and poor service from BT ...
    Sloth

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Also dumped bt just over a year ago, and moved to talktalk. Was a bit dubious about moving over to talktalk, but touch wood, all's been great with them. Found it easier to get support by going on to their members website (the phone lines were a nightmare when I tried though).

Plus, we're getting internet & phone at just a slightly higher cost than what we were paying for the phone... Plus, we also get the international phone calls included. One final thing I might do is move to the talktalk plus package, as I'm finding that I'm getting very close to the 40gb every month, and that's with me holding back on downloading things etc, doing all updates at work etc...

But yeah, anyone reading this, just dump bt...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    me,
    o2 b-band/phone call reconition,block, b-band @£7.50 unlimite d calls (still a gripe of mine, in that to me unlimited = same, phone providers it = 59 minutes) but phone cost/line rental £18.50

bt comparrison, b-bant @ £23.50 line + "unlimited calls" £29 ish a month, b-band service was a lot slower as well

baz

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Re Re BT

Hi mates

Well i was a customer of BT for many years with both telephone and broadband. It was always my pet hate with regards to broadband speed .. when they changed me over a few years ago from 2meg to 8meg i was informed due to my location from the switch i could only expect 5 meg download, well ok better than nothing so i carried on. The next step was the upgrade from 8meg to 20meg but now i was told due to my location and the swtich I would only get 7meg download dont ask me how they can lose 3meg when max was 8meg then lose 13meg when upgrade to 20meg lmao.
    Anyway I came away from bt over to Virgin media and now get my full 20meg download at the same cost.
    As for basilyoung problem with the "rolling contract" they are thring that on with me also i just reminded them they have no signature agreeing to this extention they take it upon themselves to "roll on" the contact so therefore take the risk the client doesnt cancel. I cant wait to see if they try to impose this upon me I love a good fight.

regards
    satmanbasil

Ojustaboo
    BT told me I was tied into a rolling contract. I wrote their head office a letter telling them I had never been informed of this, they responded by apologising and saying that as I hadn't been informed, they wouldn't charge me for leaving early.

Always worth a try.

Don't forget that there's plenty of call override companies that you can often use to save loads on (especially if your with Virgin for your phone).

For example, for me to phone 0845 or 0870 numbers on my Virgin phone it costs me: 11p conection charge and 10p per min regardless of time of day.

As I've registered with 18185, I use their freephone number and get the same calls for:
    0845 calls at 3p per min regardless of time of day (5p connection charge)
    0870 calls at 3p per min weekdays and 1p per min weekends (5p connection charge)

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    i had the same problem with BT trying to charge me a "Leaving Fee" when i moved to Sly. phoned their "Help" line and was nice and polite and told them that i had been with them for 16 years and there prices and services are now ridiculous, and now you want to charge me for leaving, i told them "good luck in getting it, i have cancelled my direct debit, and if you want your "Leaveing Fee" then take me to court and just try to get a judge to get me to give you it". and i hung up. 3 days later i had a letter "Sorry your leaving us....." we have decided not to charge you with a "Leaving Fee" as you where a loyal customer......" in other words it would have cost them more to take me to court to get there money.

just stand up for your rights, and don't be intimidated.

andy
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    unfortunately, I was massively in credit at the time of my departure, thieving baskits, well rid of them, there "unlimited" phone call service, is,nt unlimited, its the "name of the service" and does not mean unlimited call lengths, I could barely understand the guy at the indian call centre, but told him, I am going to a provider, that understands english, rather than selective english, ie; unlimited, when i last looked meant exactly that

baz

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    hey i know how you guys feel i had a rant with bt about the roll over contract i threatened to leave them and they gave me the anytime all day trrif at the weekend and eve rate for 1 year

but still with that said they are rubbish
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    As it happens, I was a bt telephone linesman back in the 1980's and even then there were angry customers furious about the company's charges and lack of service - seems nothing changes.
    Example - the red box street pay phones - many times I went out to what we called a coci fault (cut off coin insertion) - opened the large metal box under the phone and many 5 and 10p coins would fall out to the ground. (The coin insertion run track leading to the money box would sometimes get bent & so the coins would pile up). On one such job at a post office one day, the coins fell out like a jackpot win at Las Vegas , a man approached & rollocked me about the customers not getting their lost coins back....quite true, all had to be returned to the exchange - dont know what happened to the cash after that but the customer(s) never got reimbersed. Oh and by the way, on the way back to the exchange, we would help ourselves to a free ice cream(s), pizza and one man even bought a take away his family that evening - all paid for by these stray 5 & 10p's!!! Jolly honest lot BT, always were, always will be (?)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    funny you say that conax we used to use that trick all the time in the 90s dont work no more. you called 100 and told them your coin is stuck and the gave you a 50p worth of call was brill but i think they cottoned on
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    BT have been incompetent thieves for years, I got rid of them as soon as cable was installed within my area and at the time even though it cost me slightly more it was in my opinion worth it just so I didnt have to have anything to do with BT.

I remember having a big row with BT over advanced charges for equipment and line rental, during the ensuing argument I was informed that the phone and their line box in my living room belonged to them, so I then sent them an invoice for advanced charges for cleaning/dusting and included charges for the furniture polish and dusters. several weeks later I received my latest bill and my invoice amount had actually been credited to my account
    Last edited by Maxwell; 21-11-10 at 19:04.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    bt customer service phone call, I feel sorry for the guy
    HTML Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2oXMdZ4sk&feature=player_embedded
    Last edited by Stanman; 21-11-10 at 19:07.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Maxwell (21-11-10)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Superb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast