Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tempted by the dark side

Title
    Thanks

tempted by the dark side

Ok so I have my galaxy s 2 which im very happy with,now the iphone 4s has been jailbroken is it worth buying a 4s and selling my samsung anyone got an opinion on this thanks.
    Last edited by jcm193; 21-01-12 at 18:56.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    the 4s is a pretty sweet kit as an upgrade to galexy worth doing but not as upgrade from a 4

also get in quick as they ship with latest firmware so when 5.1 released no way of jailbreaking it

make sure it ships with ios 5.0.1
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    What firmware are they being sold with at the moment I would be getting mine from the apple store.

Title
    Thanks
    if from apple store and in the next day or 2 you will get the correct formware which is 5.0.1

but 5.1 which closes the jailbreak is iminent to be released

5. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

jcm193 (21-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    After reading countless pages on the awful battery on the 4s I think I might stick with my galaxy s 2 no point having an iphone if the battery dies so quickly

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    After reading countless pages on the awful battery on the 4s I think I might stick with my galaxy s 2 no point having an iphone if the battery dies so quickly
    I would stick with the s2, I'm loving the change to android

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    How often do you put your phone on charge ?

My phones have always been put on charge at night for aslong as I can remember.

But after getting my 4s and everyone complaining, I left mine to fully discharge, and I managed 2.5 days with around 5 or 6 hours of actual use in that time (emails, phone calls, texts, some web surfing etc) the only thing I didn't hammer was the music.

I can honestly say though, in using it normally (a mix of everything) it will easily last me a day, sometimes it will still have 80% battery left at the end of the day, other days it could be down to 25% but it's never gone flat on me, unless i've left it playing video or music for hours trying to drain it.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Stay with your e2. If you're used to Android, you will really get frustrated with the iPhone... I just could not get on with having an iPhone street using Android for so long, and the s2 is a superb phone...

Sent with Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    I tend to use my phone a lot,i used 6 gig of data last month streaming my slingbox spotify etc on the rare occasion ive not used i managed to get 4 days out of one charge. As you know you can also change the battery over if you need you,i have four spares in my work bag just in case.

Title
    Thanks
    @ Pooface Ive had both in the past im only thinking of the new 4s as a new gadget even better now its jailbroken but the battery could well be a deal breaker for me.
    Last edited by jcm193; 21-01-12 at 20:31.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Stick with the S2 especially with ICS just around the corner, as it is the S2 beats the 4s hands down.

And cue the fanboys

Dont forget to look at the pdf lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maxwell; 21-01-12 at 20:46.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

jcm193 (21-01-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    im getting it tomorro as an upgrade from my iphone 4 lol ipad 2 is jailbroken, iphone 4 is jailbroken and iphone 4s when i get my hands on it will be jailbroken
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    im getting it tomorro as an upgrade from my iphone 4 lol ipad 2 is jailbroken, iphone 4 is jailbroken and iphone 4s when i get my hands on it will be jailbroken
    you pansey fanboy

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    you pansey fanboy

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Haha i dont have any complaints whatsoever about apple products. They have always served me well and every product ive had looks the dogs bollox too and so what if they are more expensive than the norm, ive paid for quality before and will continue to do so for times to come this is just my own opinion from my own xperiences
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast