Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airplayer (Airplay server for enigma2)

Title
    Thanks

Airplayer (Airplay server for enigma2)

I saw this video on you tube. showing the ability to stream content from iOS to the Dreambox / VU etc..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ra7KeZWJlk

That is exactly what I'm after. as it eliminates the issue of having to lean forward to pick up the tv remote to switch inputs to apple TV if i suddenly feel the urge to show my wife a silly video of a pig falling off a ladder (or whatever the latest meme is).... sorry im going off track.

The code/plugin for airplayer is here:
    http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/

support is in german ?maybe? and I have not had any luck in getting it to work.
    ive only tried installing it the normal way. (ftp to volatile\tmp folder and then install from the gui)

Just thought I'd post it here as it may be of interest to others, and maybe someone out there has been successful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jop99 For This Useful Post:

ziadpoor (09-11-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jop99 View Post
    I saw this video on you tube. showing the ability to stream content from iOS to the Dreambox / VU etc..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ra7KeZWJlk

That is exactly what I'm after. as it eliminates the issue of having to lean forward to pick up the tv remote to switch inputs to apple TV if i suddenly feel the urge to show my wife a silly video of a pig falling off a ladder (or whatever the latest meme is).... sorry im going off track.

The code/plugin for airplayer is here:
    http://code.google.com/p/airplayer/

support is in german ?maybe? and I have not had any luck in getting it to work.
    ive only tried installing it the normal way. (ftp to volatile\tmp folder and then install from the gui)

Just thought I'd post it here as it may be of interest to others, and maybe someone out there has been successful.
    This definately looks interesting, i could potentially replace my apple tv or at least have an alternative for certain things.

I will need to look into this to get this setup. Thanks, also let us know if you make any progress.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 75mak View Post
    This definately looks interesting, i could potentially replace my apple tv or at least have an alternative for certain things.

I will need to look into this to get this setup. Thanks, also let us know if you make any progress.
    I tried installing the .mipsel ipk, restarted the gui but then got an error about plistlib or something and the airplay extension is not available.
    Last edited by 75mak; 22-01-12 at 21:44.

Title
    Thanks
    Hum that looks good. That's one that would be nice if it was encoded into the vix package on the network menu, once it's working.

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Its not bad...plays video and audio quite well! Still a few quirks with video streaming but I'd say this will develop into a pretty decent plug-in!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

ams1 (12-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Its not bad...plays video and audio quite well! Still a few quirks with video streaming but I'd say this will develop into a pretty decent plug-in!
    Did you manage to install it on a vix image? I tried on vix 2.2 but got a plistlib error on gui restart.

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 75mak View Post
    Did you manage to install it on a vix image? I tried on vix 2.2 but got a plistlib error on gui restart.
    No..I have it working with BlackHole!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there ...

perhaps there are missings some files ? I read in another Forum this:

Ich habe die notwendigen Module wie folgt installiert:

-opkg install python-misc
    -opkg install python-shell

Erst danach das Plugin installieren.
    Is it this plugin from the IHAD-Forum?
    http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb...hreadid=166124

I want to try it later this day ... CU No.Trace !!!
    - Vu+ Solo2 - Vu+ Solo SE V2 - Xtrend ET4000@750MHz - all with OpenVIX -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to No.Trace For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (23-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    install the above files via DCC package installer. The plugin will then run, but my problem is music/video doesnt show up on the tv screen when switching to airplay on iphone

Title
    Thanks
    Whats dcc package installer? Is that differant from ipk installer called 'install local extension' on vix image menu?

Title
    Thanks
    DCC is a ftp program that you install on your pc. you can then access you Vu+. it has its own ipkg installer. This is where you will find the two missing files.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gbuzz For This Useful Post:

75mak (25-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Never heard of dcc. Will give it a go. Thanks

edit: oh, dreambox control centre have used it before. didnt realise its abrivieted form dcc
    Last edited by 75mak; 25-01-12 at 05:45.

Title
    Thanks
    I installed the 2 files via dcc and the plugin is running, it works fine with photos but not video from the camera roll or you tube etc the vuduo just flashes between pause and play.The airplay icon doesn't show on iPod
    But this will be a cool plugin once finished!

Title
    V.I.P Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hifial View Post
    I installed the 2 files via dcc and the plugin is running, it works fine with photos but not video from the camera roll or you tube etc the vuduo just flashes between pause and play.The airplay icon doesn't show on iPod
    But this will be a cool plugin once finished!
    Yea they seem to have made it worse! the latest 0.1.6 does that but I had it working perfectly on 0.1.2!!

Title
    Thanks
    i have tried versions 0.1.2, 0.1.3, 0.1.5, and 0.1.6.

can only get video and photos to work on 0.1.2 and 0.1.3 no music though. nothing works on 0.1.5 and 0.1.6

any ideas?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast