Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pod2g's iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak for Non-A5 Devices Has Been Released [UPDATE3]

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts

Pod2g's iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak for Non-A5 Devices Has Been Released [UPDATE3]

QRXhw.png

CsMqQ.png

@pod2g has created a terrific gift for iOS fans — an untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices!

Many of you have already been following @pod2g’s blog where he’s been keeping everyone up to date on his progress. And so you know that he recently decided to push the button on a release for all devices except the new iPhone4S and iPad2. @pod2g’s untether involves two separate exploits and a few other “tricks” — and since he’s taken the @comex approach of doing nearly everything himself, you know his plate has been full these past few months!

A few days ago, @pod2g gave the untether to both the iPhone devteam and the chronic devteam. We’ve put it into redsn0w 0.9.10 and PwnageTool, and the chronic devteam put it into a Cydia package (the same set of exploits is in all three).

Here are the basic steps for how to get it:

• The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G

• If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.

• If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.

• Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.

• As mentioned earlier, @pod2g has spent months working on all the exploits and tricks in this untether, and many of you may be wondering how you can send donations. Although the iPhone devteam itself doesn’t take donations, we thought it was appropriate to provide a link at the end of the redsn0w run for you to more easily donate directly to @pod2g if you wish (alternatively, you can go right here). There’s a link in the Cydia package for donating to the chronic devteam for the Cydia version of @pod2g’s untether.

• @pod2g is now looking for a way to extend this to A5 devices. Because those devices cannot use geohot’s limera1n exploit to inject the untether, they require exploits above and beyond those used for this release. Keep following pod2g on twitter or his blog for any progress reports!

Mac
    Code:
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
    Win
    Code:
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Have one on us…
    (by Chronic DEV-Team)

Greetings, friends & jailbreakers!
    Happy holidays & all that jazz from your favorite iOS hackers at Chronic Dev Team (& pod2g)…

Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 !
    …and, in hopes of making your holidays just a bit happier, this morning we are pleased to announce the release of an untethered jailbreak for iOS version 5.0.1, for all supported A4 (& lower) devices! This jailbreak is brought to you courtesy of pod2g’s ninja-like magic + userland exploits, which he first publicly described in this blog post and then turned over to both the Chronic Dev & iPhone Dev teams for further testing + integration into our existing jailbreak tools.
    You can quickly access, download & install Corona 5.0.1 Untether (Chronic Dev team’s version, packaged in the Cydia store) for your iPhone 4, iPhone 4 (CDMA), iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G & iPod Touch 3G *CURRENTLY RUNNING iOS 5.0.1* by following the steps below:

Open the Cydia app on your tethered jailbroken device**
    Search for “Corona”
    Hit the “Install” button (as shown in the screen grab below)

install.png

This package will allow your 5.0.1 device to install pod2g’s untethered exploits and reboot without requiring an external tool like redsn0w or sn0wbreeze, and without having to restore your device (so you get to keep all your apps, contacts, etc).

**Note: if you do not currently have access to the Cydia store on your 5.0.1 device, you can use the redsn0w 0.9.10 tool developed by the iPhone Dev team. It is exactly the same set of files as our Cydia package, but bundled with redsn0w for new jailbreak users and/or those who are not already running a tethered jailbreak.

Update #2:
    The b2 version of redsn0w includes the launchctl-related fix by @planetbeing as mentioned by @saurik here and here. As usual, you can just re-run redsn0w in jailbreak mode over your existing 5.0.1 jailbreak (even a PwnageTool one), making sure to de-select “Install Cydia” if you do. Always be sure to do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your device before running redsn0w.

Update #3:
    The b3 version of redsn0w fixes a problem where re-running redsn0w over an existing jailbreak would cause MobileSubstrate-based apps to stop running until MS was installed again. Now you can re-run the redsn0w jailbreak step without worrying about that (but still remember to de-select the “Install Cydia” option if it’s already installed).
    TIP: If auto-detection fails and redsn0w tells you no identifying data was found, you can always pre-select the appropriate 5.0.1 IPSW using “Extras->Select IPSW”.

Here are the redsn0w download links:

=============================================

IMPORTANT NOTE!!

A4 device can update to 5.0.1
    A5 devices can update to 5.0.1 for later update

Enjoy HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Last edited by silverfox0786; 29-12-11 at 15:51.
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Davegun (28-12-11),Sicilian (28-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    The ~Man is a Legend i just had to donate for his work

loving my IOS 5.0.1 Untethered JB its sweet

4. The Following User Says Thank You to silverfox0786 For This Useful Post:

Davegun (28-12-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Works a treat,just waiting for lockinfo release.
    Also it looks like sinfuliphone repo can't be added as yet,unless they are just snowed under at the mo
    vu+duo running vix image with 600gig samsung hdd

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosie View Post
    Works a treat,just waiting for lockinfo release.
    Also it looks like sinfuliphone repo can't be added as yet,unless they are just snowed under at the mo
    sinful is fine i think it might be congestion on their site

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys before i start the Jailbreakin prosses is that right this WILL NOT WORK ON Iphone 4s or Ipad 2...??

Or will it thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nikefreak4eva View Post
    Hi guys before i start the Jailbreakin prosses is that right this WILL NOT WORK ON Iphone 4s or Ipad 2...??

Or will it thanks
    correct it wont work on those.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nikefreak4eva View Post

Or will it thanks
    the title gives it away dont it ?????

Title
    Thanks
    ye it was congestion at that time.
    getting a server error installing sbsettings with bigboss repo grrrrrr

Title
    Thanks
    ye it was congestion at that time.
    getting a server error installing sbsettings with bigboss repo grrrrrr
    im getting that too right now

after JB'ing 5 iphones this one is giving bigg boss POSIX errors which i beleive is down to repo being hammered

Title
    Thanks
    just got sbsettings from bboss.
    did you read on the loading screen it says ios5 users must enable the notifications add on via the settings app in notifications.
    also does anyone use intelliscreenx?
    i use lockinfo with a few addons.
    loving ios5

Title
    Thanks
    just got sbsettings from bboss.
    did you read on the loading screen it says ios5 users must enable the notifications add on via the settings app in notifications.
    also does anyone use intelliscreenx?
    i use lockinfo with a few addons.
    loving ios5
    my notification is enabled i gave up for now

i used lockscreen before and heard intelliscreen~X is ment to be real sweet

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    I can't find dreamboard anywhere!!??

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers to push buttons.

Title
    Thanks
    IMG_0412[1].png

repo= cydia.xsellize.com/

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up Legend

This man is a legend....

Please contribute to him via donation, as he is working on exploring new exploits, that will enable us to enjoy our devices more..

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    IMG_0412[1].png

repo= cydia.xsellize.com/
    Won't use those hacker repos, that's not the latest version any who.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers to push buttons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast