Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tm5302 (new software ?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

tm5302 (new software ?)

first of all the menus on these boxes is awfull technomate should change these menus to that of the tm5402, ethernet is a lil bit glitchy compared to the tm5402 . Is new software on its way to correct glitchyness ? i know these boxes are new but has anybody else tested these boxes out ? does anyone else have opionions on this box ? information on these boxes is very scarce at this moment in time all replies will be fully appreciated thanks .

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by jok64 View Post
    first of all the menus on these boxes is awfull technomate should change these menus to that of the tm5402, ethernet is a lil bit glitchy compared to the tm5402 . Is new software on its way to correct glitchyness ? i know these boxes are new but has anybody else tested these boxes out ? does anyone else have opionions on this box ? information on these boxes is very scarce at this moment in time all replies will be fully appreciated thanks .

Your not on your own about the 'Glitchy' ethernet i have had reports that the latest firmware that Sicilian has linked too goes some way to fixing the current problem, At the end of the day its all in the hands of phantom.

Title
    Thanks
    Have to agree with you on this one why have TM gone away from a proven menu formula lot of transponders missed in the blind scan as well not suitable for what I had intended it for to replace the TM6900HD Super so have set it up in the spare room for now on 28 east fixed dish shame as the specification looked so good
    Hopefully The Phantom will come with something to improve this later.
    Also not able to set the start & finish of the blind scan (10.950 to 11.200,11450 to 11700,12500 to 12750 ect) as it comes up as invalid frequency so you have to scan the whole 10.7 to 12.75 of the Ku band if Phantom can look at this as well.
    Last edited by Merliin-1; 29-12-11 at 15:19.

Title
    Thanks
    glitchyness still happening with latest software hows everybodys elses performing ?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    glitchyness still happening with latest software hows everybodys elses performing ?
    With FTA channels? Or scrambled channels? Maybe what ever your connecting to is the issue and not the receiver.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    With FTA channels? Or scrambled channels? Maybe what ever your connecting to is the issue and not the receiver.

No FTA channels Fine scrambled channels still glitch its deffo a software problem, Tried on another box and all is AOK

8. The Following User Says Thank You to digi247 For This Useful Post:

jok64 (29-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    same here as digi ive tried different boxes defo down to this box having problems we need phantom to look at this months later and problems still happening any news any where lads ?

Title
    Thanks
    I have been in contact with TM regards to the blind scan configuration & they said they would pass it on to the software engineers.
    These scans possible atm:
    10700 to 11700
    10950 to 11700
    11700 to 12750
    11900 to 12750

I suggested:
    10950 to 11200
    11200 to 11700
    12500 to 12750
    + Variable start & finish.

Works ok on fta channels but no encrypted channels clearing at all here
    So we will have to wait for the Phantoms next patch to sort out these problems.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Merliin-1 For This Useful Post:

jok64 (29-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    A channel editor would be handy as the CT editor is not compatible with the TM5302 HD channel lists.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merliin-1 For This Useful Post:

belvoir (13-02-12),jok64 (29-01-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Having found more time over the last week to thoroughly test the TM5302HD these are area's that need urgent attention:

Blind scan:
    1/ Is out of calibration & misses lots of active frequencies for example on 12.5 west with a blank data base the blind scan does not find 12515 H DVB-S/MPEG-2 17455 3/4 this is a very strong transponder here,

The receiver finds lower symbol rate SCPC with more accuracy than the higher symbol rates MCPC transponders,

Some higher symbol rate transponders found & stored in the blind scan mode are 15Hz out of calibration & show no signal this may be due to the speed of the scan being too fast,

Corrective action to slow the scan down the blind scan & improved Ku band frequency selection so that I can select the known productive parts of the ku band with result in a faster & more efficient blind scan performance current software does not permit this,

2/Unable to select certain productive parts of the Ku band in the blind scan mode these needs to be variable so that 10.7 to 11.2, 11.45 to 11.7,12.5 to 12.75GHz bands can be selected without the current "invalid frequency" message,

3/Sorting of found frequencies is not in chronological order like the TM5402HD & TM6900HD sat receivers,
    The new transponders found are just added onto the end of the list & with no suitable channel editor to correct this at the moment this internal sort facility is essential for transponders & frequencies found by the TM5302HD,

I believe that when these problems are corrected this satellite receiver has the potential of being one of the best blind scan receivers to own.

Title
    Thanks
    Reply from TM:-

Thank you again for your feedback and comments. Your suggestions will definitely improve the search capabilities and I will ask our engineers.

I will reply with a timescale within the next 2 days.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merliin-1 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (02-02-12),Sicilian (02-02-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Well thats good news, least they listen to their customers
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

jok64 (05-02-12)

Title
    Thanks
    its glitching really bad on hd channels needs looking at pronto

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    its glitching really bad on hd channels needs looking at pronto
    Email Technomate direct and advise them of the issue.

Code:
    info@technomate.com
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast