Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Samsung v iPhone 4S French entrenchment: 'TOTAL WAR'

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts

Samsung v iPhone 4S French entrenchment: 'TOTAL WAR'

Samsung v iPhone 4S French entrenchment: 'TOTAL WAR'

HTML Code:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/18/apple_samsung_paris_patent_battle/
    'They won't leave us alone', sob Apple lawyers to judge

By Brid-Aine Parnell • Get more from this author

Posted in PCs & Chips, 18th November 2011 12:28 GMT

Get more customers. Get Pocket Landline on Orange

Apple's lawyers have accused Samsung of waging all-out patent war in the latest battleground for the world-spanning dispute between the two firms.

The tech giants are now in Paris to argue over Samsung's attempt to get a preliminary injunction against the iPhone 4S in France, based on alleged infringement of its 3G patents.

"This is the latest attempt in the 'total war' against Apple, as Samsung's management have called it, which is nothing other than an attempt to push Apple out of the mobile market," the Jesus mobe maker's legal team whined, according to Le Monde and translated by The Register's French-affairs desk.

Why Cupertino's lawyers felt they had break out a sob story is a bit of a mystery as their case looks strong. The Netherlands has already ruled against Samsung on 3G patents, because as a recognised standard they are supposed to be licensed on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms to any interested parties.

On that basis, the Dutch court told the bickering companies to go to their room and sort out a FRAND agreement back in October - and European judges often take note of what each other decide, although they're not bound by each other.

A European Commission investigation into breaches of competition law by the South Korean firm and its FRAND licensing, which Apple lawyers also mentioned in the Parisian court, adds further weight to the standards argument against Samsung.

As well as whacking Samsung with the FRAND stick, Apple also claims to have rights to the patents anyway through their agreements with Qualcomm, which provides one of the chips for the iPhone (the other provided, ironically, by Samsung).

Samsung's legal eagles said Qualcomm doesn't pay royalties so it can't go around giving licences to other companies. The South Korean company is also insisting that Apple won't pay the rate that Samsung has proposed for the FRAND licence, suggested at between two and four per cent of a device's price.

The French judge said the companies could expect a decision on the preliminary injunction on December 8. ®

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (23-11-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Handbags! Big girls blouse
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv
    Onkyo 906 amp with B&W MT-30 speakers with B&W PV-1 sub.
    Vu duo, dreambox 800se and ET9000 stb.
    Xtreamer prodigy media player with 4TB Wd black Caviar hdd.Abigs D7 media player 2tb Wd hdd. 6tb of HD movies and counting

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    LMAO so it's fine and dandy for apple to sue Samsung to kingdom come and get their products removed from the shelves, but when Samsung try the same. it's unfair ?.

what a load of tosh, typical bloody yanks.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    LMAO so it's fine and dandy for apple to sue Samsung to kingdom come and get their products removed from the shelves, but when Samsung try the same. it's unfair ?.

what a load of tosh, typical bloody yanks.
    Your bang on mate.
    About time someone bit that apple
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv
    Xtreamer prodigy media player with 4TB Wd black Caviar hdd.Abigs D7 media player 2tb Wd hdd. 6tb of HD movies and counting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's my ball and I'm going home.

There was a time when people bought apple computers as a to Microsoft because of there control.

Apple seem to have very short memory's.

Bloody bullyboys.
    Pioneer 50 inch Kuro tv