Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Apple still investigating iPhone 4S battery issues

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Apple still investigating iPhone 4S battery issues

Apple is still investigating iPhone 4S battery issues, despite the iOS 5.0.1 update that was designed to cure the popular smart phone's power woes.

In a statement sent to AllthingsD Apple said, "The recent iOS software update addressed many of the battery issues that some customers experienced on their iOS 5 devices,"

But it looks like the battle isn't over yet, because Apple says it is continuing to investigate "a few remaining issues."

There's no word at the moment on whether Apple plans on issuing a second update. Some iPhone 4S users are complaining that the battery life on the company's brand-new blower is beyond bad, while others don't seem to be affected at all.

Apple admitted there was a problem with the way the iPhone 4S managed power reserves several weeks ago, saying, "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."

That update landed on Friday last week in the shape of iOS 5.0.1, but it would seem that it's not doing the trick for some iPhone 4S owners.

With so many factors at play that would affect a mobile's ability to retain charge, it's hard to find common factors that could be affecting your own battery. No smart phone offers really impressive battery life, but our usual advice if you're struggling with power is to turn off location services, dial down the brightness and go easy on the downloads.

Other than that, we'll just have to wait and see if Apple cooks up another update.

Is your iPhone 4S experience tainted by battery woes? Let us know in the comments,

Code:
     http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/apple-still-investigating-iphone-4s-battery-issues-50006076/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

johno (14-11-11)