Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: iPhone 4S secret panorama camera mode discovered

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

iPhone 4S secret panorama camera mode discovered

This is the first look at the secret wide photo mode for the iPhone 4S and iPad camera, hidden in Apple's iOS 5 software.

Tinkerers who have unlocked Apple's software -- known as jailbreaking -- discovered the panorama camera feature in iOS 5, the operating system for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, 9to5Mac reports.

A panoramic photo is a wide photo, wider than the camera lens can handle in one go. Instead, you sweep the phone across the scene in one motion and the camera captures multiple images, then stitches those pictures together into one widescreen image.

To snap a wide picture, it seems you'll choose the panorama option from the camera menu, then simply tap the camera button and move your phone left to right, as directed by onscreen guidelines.

The movement and multiple images also mean a camera can create a 3D panorama. Many cameras and phones let you do just that, even if the camera isn't a 3D model and doesn't have a 3D screen. Apple hasn't shown any interest in 3D up to this point, unlike Sony, Panasonic and others, so it's unlikely the iPhone will do 3D panoramic shots. 3D is just the sort of gimmick Apple likes to stay away from.

If you have a jailbroken iPhone, you can use the panorama mode by downloading Firebreak from outlaw app store Cydia.

If you're of a more law-abiding bent, you can take panoramic shots using an app like AutoStitch Panorama. For more camera apps check out our favourite photography apps for the iPhone, and let us know what you think in the comments,

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-4s-secret-panorama-camera-mode-discovered-50005974/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i wonder how that is enabled
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓