Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: OpenPLI and Cccam?

Title
    Thanks

OpenPLI and Cccam?

Hi people my 1st post, excellent forum here.

I need a bit of help i have just flashed open pli image on my dm800 but I can't install cccam. I went to plugins pressed green but get no plugins found. I tried to do it manually but still no luck unless I am doing it wrong. I have flashed other images and still get no plugins found.

Can anyone help me it's driving me insane? Thanks!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Go into network and run a network test and post back what that comes back with, sounds like you have now net connection.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Ran network test and everything ticked fine. Everything working.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Hmm in the adapter settings under Nameserver, try adding ur isps dns settings. Also reboot modem/router and box and see if tht works
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i've had similar issues with dream elite. now i know the cccam ipk is fine but when i put in /tmp and manually installed it it said it was successfully installed but it never showed up in the cam list. the only way around this i have found is to load the tunisiasat plugin which then gives you multiple cam options and if you select the openpli one it will then install correctly. its very strange that a cam that used to install in the past simply will not do so of recent times. anyway the tunisiasat plugin will sort you, just make sure to search through the options so you select the correct cam for the correct image type

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok - i dont fully have the answer as im currently setting mine up at the moment (got mine a week ago - 2nd 800 with dvi) been through the pain of busted motors and faulty LNB's, im at work at the moment so i cant definately confirm. Im using the pli image running from barry allen so its not in the flash, but, i was trying to get mgcamd on there last night and found that if you download an ipk file you need, pretty well a specific build of (in my case mgcamd) for the image youre running - i tried for ages to get any cam on there and once i found that out mgcamd went straight on.....ive got an ipk for CCcam but never got it on there as i left it scanning sats last night. Ill post back tonight but i thought if i let you know what i found then you might sort your problem out before i do....hope that helps.

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have Open PLi latest image?
    2.1 beta? The older images 2.0 isn't supported any more.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thfccambs; 19-12-11 at 20:33.
    2X V+ULTIMO'S 2X BLADE BM7000HD 2X DM500

Alias1
    Christ it aint rocket science look under /etc/init.d/
    Grab the mgcamd config file put it on your desktop and make the changes so it will look for CCcam;ftp the new file back load the CCcam binary in /usr/bin/ chmod it to 755 get the CCcam.cfg file and stick it in /etc/ amd run it.
    To bloody hard then use the attached file here and stick it /etc/initd/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post
    Christ it aint rocket science look under /etc/init.d/
    Grab the mgcamd config file put it on your desktop and make the changes so it will look for CCcam;ftp the new file back load the CCcam binary in /usr/bin/ chmod it to 755 get the CCcam.cfg file and stick it in /etc/ amd run it.
    To bloody hard then use the attached file here and stick it /etc/initd/
    If you want to help out over members great but please be polite as not all members my have the same knowledge as you and every one starts out as complete novices in are satellite hobby even you!
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (19-12-11),pooface (19-12-11)

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    If you want to help out over members great but please be polite as not all members my have the same knowledge as you and every one starts out as complete novices in are satellite hobby even you!
    Sorry man lack of sleep I apoligise to the person in question.
    Back to the main problem download a program callled putty.
    Then telnet to the box and ping your name server from the decoder that works then ping google get back to me on how you go with that
    Last edited by Alias1; 19-12-11 at 23:08.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alias1 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (19-12-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Alias.....

dont want to incur the wrath but im learning here also.....the advice i gave was just what i had found so far (probably wrong but theyre you go) - again, im probably wrong and please put me right but i thought init.d was a kind of script folder if you will? and by putting that file there that you posted (i grabbed it too thanks very much) thats just a script to run something? but theres nothing to run??

on the vu i have i put the config folder for CCcam in folder a. (whatever that is - i cant remember) and then dump the actual bin file in folder b. /usr/softcams i think - restart the box and hey presto there it is....doesnt seem to work for the DB800 though - the only time ive gotten a cam to go on (MGCamd) ive had to dump an ipk in the root folder "/" and then do a manual install from the remote....or if youre lucky to find an image that has an external link to download cams through the interface...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Oh sorry - im using the nightly build of open pli and i do understand that theyre not all the same - i think this is the reason why most people (me included) struggle with manually installing cams...

Alias1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    Hi Alias.....

dont want to incur the wrath but im learning here also.....the advice i gave was just what i had found so far (probably wrong but theyre you go) - again, im probably wrong and please put me right but i thought init.d was a kind of script folder if you will? and by putting that file there that you posted (i grabbed it too thanks very much) thats just a script to run something? but theres nothing to run??

on the vu i have i put the config folder for CCcam in folder a. (whatever that is - i cant remember) and then dump the actual bin file in folder b. /usr/softcams i think - restart the box and hey presto there it is....doesnt seem to work for the DB800 though - the only time ive gotten a cam to go on (MGCamd) ive had to dump an ipk in the root folder "/" and then do a manual install from the remote....or if youre lucky to find an image that has an external link to download cams through the interface...
    Okay its pretty simple using my method extract the file I gave you and place it /etc/init.d
    Now you can load any binary CCcam mipsel version call it CCcam place in /usr/bin chmod it to 755.
    Now you need a file called mg_cfg and a file called newcamd.list in /usr/keys examples of these are found all over the net but if you need help I can give you specifics via PM.
    Again I apologise for my intial comments it was 3 in the morning here and I couldnt sleep not that that is an exuse; I used to pride myself by helping newbies out

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thats ok - everyone gets that way now and again. im at work at the moment but when i get home ill try the above and see what i get....thanks again....

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias1 View Post
    Sorry man lack of sleep I apoligise to the person in question.
    Back to the main problem download a program callled putty.
    Then telnet to the box and ping your name server from the decoder that works then ping google get back to me on how you go with that
    hi, i know its a while later but having this very problemhttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif, i too am a noob at this. im on the openpli on a dm8000 hd, did this work?

martin