Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 bringing iPhone 4S battery fix, iPad gestures

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

iOS 5.0.1 bringing iPhone 4S battery fix, iPad gestures

Apple has released a beta version of its upcoming iOS update to developers ahead of sending it out to the masses, and it contains a battery fix to address the iPhone 4S' power problems, as well as some other goodies, MacRumours reports.

Earlier we reported Apple had confirmed its new iPhone 4S smart phone was plagued with battery woes, with some users reporting the brainy blower blew through battery reserves in no time flat.

The Cupertino tech giant said it had "found a few bugs that are affecting battery life" and promised to release a software update to address the issues in a few weeks. iOS 5.0.1 will be the update to address those bugs, so hopefully when it launches users will see some improvement in their 4S' ability to survive away from the mains.

iOS 5.0.1 will also bring multi-tasking gestures to the original iPad, which is good news for owners of Apple's first tablet, who felt left out when this new feature came to the iPad 2. Swipe four or five fingers up to access the multi-tasking bar, swipe left or right to switch between apps and pinch to return to the homescreen.

Elsewhere there are voice-recognition improvements for Australian users using dictation tools, so if you hail from the land down under your iPhone 4S should do a more accurate job of figuring out what you're saying when dictating texts or emails. Strewth, it's about toime mate, etc.

There are some security improvements too, and some bugs that affected documents in the cloud have been squished.

Is your 4S running low on charge too quickly? Let us know down in the comments,

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/ios-5-0-1-bringing-iphone-4s-battery-fix-ipad-gestures-50005925/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    yeah i thought as much there would be an update

better get tinyumbrella out and get the shsh for my ios
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓