Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BT fibre rollout accelerated

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

BT fibre rollout accelerated

BT is accelerating its fibre rollout, it now plans to offer super-fast Internet speeds to two-thirds of UK premises by the end of 2014. The target is a year ahead of its original plan.

The UK telco says its main product will offer maximum download speeds about 10 times faster than at present, at 70-100Mbps on average. That will help it compete against Virgin Media’s 100Mbps offer.

BT says it is employing an additional 520 engineers and bringing forward £300 million (€343m) of investment to achieve the goal.

The company says six million premises already have access to its fibre broadband technology, about 25 per cent of the total. It aims to increase that to about 10 million properties, or about 40 per cent of those in the UK, by the end of next year.

“Our rollout of fibre broadband is one of the fastest in the world and so it is great to be ahead of what was an already challenging schedule,” said BT’s chief executive Ian Livingston.

Code:
    http://www.advanced-television.com/index.php/2011/10/31/bt-fibre-rollout-accelerated/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (01-11-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    i hope they get their flaming fingers out and get this project rolling as i'm sick of my upto 8 meg muck.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.