Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JailbreakMe.com Gets New Owner, Not Safe For Jailbreaking iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts

JailbreakMe.com Gets New Owner, Not Safe For Jailbreaking iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

JailbreakMe.com is one of the widely used jailbreak tool which can help you to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in just few minutes. But here is a sad news, as JailbreakMe.com has got a new owner and it is not really safe to point your browser to JailbreakMe.com to jailbreak your iDevice. Moreover MuscleNerd has also tweeted that the new owner of JailbreakMe.com is unknown and it’s unsafe to use JailbreakMe to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad or iPod touch.

MuscleNerd tweeted – “the new owner of jailbreakme.com is absolutely unknown, untrusted, and unsafe..in perfect place for iPhone malware” and also mentioned that – “everything jailbreakme.com used to host will soon be on jailbreaks.me. Don’t trust jailbreakme.com anymore (seriously)”.

Currently if you are looking to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch better use either redsn0w or sn0wbreeze until we officially hear from MuscleNerd that the new jailbreak files are hosted at Jailbreaks.me.
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    nahh that's old news that bud, JailbreakMe.com Transferred To Saurik – Cydia Founder on the 8th of October.

================

JailbreakMe.com Transferred To Saurik – Cydia Founder; Safe For Jailbreaking Again
    Posted by iPhoneHacks on Oct 08, 2011

When we writing the post about JailbreakMe.com being sold to an unknown entity, we wondered why Jay Freeman a.k.a saurik - founder of Cydia hadn't bought the domain.

As it turns out, we were quite late in reporting the news as saurik is indeed the new owner of the JailbreakMe.com domain, as the person who had initially bought it from ConceitedApps was kind enough to transfer it to Saurik.

Minutes before we published the post warning you to avoid using JailbreakMe.com, Freeman announced the news on Twitter:

Yesterday, we learned that jailbreakme.com was sold in July; today, I talked with the new owner: he is actually very likable and awesome. ;P

...and tonight, jailbreakme.com was transferred to me (convenient, as I host the site ;P); so, going forward, we no longer need to worry!

Saurik or the iPhone Dev team were the ideal folks to own or control the domain, so this is good news as there were concerns that the domain could be used to host iPhone malware.

So JailbreakMe 3.0 can be safely be used again to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch for iOS 4.3.3 or lower. You can checkout this post for more details on how to jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 4.3.3 or lower.

Thanks Mgrove03 and HusAli for the tip!

Code:
     http://www.iphonehacks.com/2011/10/jailbreakme-com-transferred-to-saurik-cydia-founder-safe-for-jailbreaking-again.html
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    LMAO its posted data on iphone site was a few days ago so i thought it was new

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Any1 notice a possible hint at iOS 5.0 untethered JB by the chronic dev. It was a tweet that simply said 11/1/11 which in American format would be the 1st Nov I hope so....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kevdoc For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (20-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    we all awaiting anxiously for this one matey

i cant waait for siri on ipad2 aparrently its comming

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfox0786 View Post
    we all awaiting anxiously for this one matey

i cant waait for siri on ipad2 aparrently its comming
    I've seen screenshots of it ported to the iPad 2. Just polishing it off before release aperently. It's already been ported to iPhone 4 I believe.

Title
    Thanks
    the iphone 4 port is still to be polished and is a jailbreak port where as the ipad2 port is gonna be made by apple and be an official port

its all down to the chips the iphone4 has a A4 chip and the 4S has an A5 and so has ipad2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yea I'm aware of the hardware. Sonny Dickson, the dev in process of porting to iPhone 4 tweeted awhile ago about the Siri structure being build solely around software and not based on the hardware specs. Though of course the hardware will help performance of the software. Will be cool though to have it official from apple on iPad 2 IF I STILL HAD ONE LOL :P

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Im dyin to unlock the full potential of my ipad2 lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Logmein ignition is unreal on the iPad 2. I've never experienced an app of its kind that's so easy to use.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdoc View Post
    Logmein ignition is unreal on the iPad 2. I've never experienced an app of its kind that's so easy to use.
    whats that app about?
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    whats that app about?
    actually looks good

Code:
    https://secure.logmein.com/products/ignition/

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeh went on n had a read, looks really good. Need to check it out properly when i get back
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    i defo want to get it but at Ł21 its a bit expensive for a app

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    well then wait for the 5.0 JB and try it for free before you buy cant say i payed for it like tbh, but sure! but it really is amazing its like having your desktop/laptop/server which ever you use, at your finger tips! made my life easy with my duo etc. i have a server in my spare room. if im working at a receiver it saves me running back and forth. just remote access the server from lounge were the receiver is and walla ftp or what ever it is u wanna do, just do it lol also can help if your like me and your the guy every body phones if their computers playing up... have it installed on friends and families machines and u can access their computers from were ever you are. it runs in the background and is simple to setup, just log in with your account details and set it to run with startup. means u can check drivers etc if its just software problems and their machine boots. can save alot of hassel and un needed traveling
    Last edited by kevdoc; 20-10-11 at 21:00.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast