Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Motorola Droid Razr gets countdown to launch

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Motorola Droid Razr gets countdown to launch

Well what a week next week is going to to be. Not only do we have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Android Ice Cream Sandwich launching, Motorola also has something special up its sleeve. And to heighten the tension, it's put live a countdown on its homepage, reports Engadget.

At time of writing there are 80-odd hours to go till we see the Motorola Droid Razr unveiled, which makes it around 8pm on Tuesday night. Or will it be called the Spyder? Or the Droid HD? That's how much secrecy this is shrouded in, no one even knows its name.

What we do know is it promises to be one hell of a handset, if the leaked specs are anything to go by. It'll have a 1.2GHz processor and a whopping 1GB of RAM (double the iPhone 4S's), according to a leak yesterday. That should make it considerably faster than the iPhone 4S all round. Also on board are an 8-megapixel camera that's capable of shooting 1080p footage.

Oh, and it'll be the slimmest LTE 4G handset yet. While that doesn't mean much for us Brits, as 4G is still years away for us, anything slim sounds good to us.

Motorola teased us with a head-spinning video earlier in the week, with a razor blade popping up hinting it'll resurrect the Razr line for this handset. Which would mean it's going to be pretty special, as for years the Razr was its flagship line, being extremely slim.

But a mere seven hours later, at 3am UK time Wednesday morning, Google and Samsung are holding another event unveiling Android Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest incarnation of the Google OS. We're also hoping to see the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which promises to have a gargantuan 4.6-inch screen that's 720p HD, and should prove a more than worthy adversary for the new Droid Razr.

It's not often we find ourselves wishing away our weekends. Roll on Tuesday night!

[code]http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/motorola-droid-razr-gets-countdown-to-launch-50005654/ [code]
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    There is also talk they will announce the new Xoom2 and baby Xoom

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah Motorola launched the xoom family edition in the states yesterday. That runs on Android 3.1, has a 10.1-inch IPS screen, dual-core 1GHz processor, a 5MP camera and 16GB of internal storage.

so hopefully some more droid based tablets coming soon to knock the smug smiles off those apple fanboys LOL
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Think going to delay me purchase as the bigger version sounded quite well spec'ed from what I read. mind you the baby is decently spec'ed as well. Thats saved me from damnation, as I was leaning towards an Ipad2

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    LOL. yeah more and more tablets are coming on to the market so much so that apple are rumored to be contemplating a ipad mini as a direct counter to the new kindle fire as amazon are kicking some serious apple tail in sales of their new tablet.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is a lot of chatter about the new Amazon, some saying will be in the £200 range - probably dollars.
    Think will leave it nearer crimbo unless a silly bargain comes up in the meantime.

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeah Ala HP firesale. although i cant see one of those happening for a good while again.

SIMPLES.