Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Users complain iOS5 download takes ages

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Users complain iOS5 download takes ages

It's only just launched, but already iOS5 has come under criticism from some users for how long it takes to download.

It's a 637.3MB download, and considering how many people must've been piping it last night to their iPhones, iPod Touches or iPads, we were expecting a bit of a wait. Though not quite this much of a wait.

Our very own Stuart Dredge won Twitter last night, tweeting: "37 hours remaining. I think it's time to give up for the night."

Scanning the tweets, six or seven hours looked fairly common, with some joking that '431 trillion' people were downloading it at the same time. 'nicolewaltonx' tweeted: "might leave my phone downloading iOS5 all night whilst i sleep… it must be done by then!"

Though some users weren't out of the woods even once it was downloaded. Some complained of crashes on installation, as The Next Web reports. Users were reporting a 3200 error, thought to stem from the servers being worked overtime and so only handling half the requests. This, along with RIM's recent woes, prompted many to quip we'd be seeing the headline "BlackBerry and Apple crumble." Ba-boom tish.

We hate to sound smug, but our download went without a hitch, clocking in at about 20 minutes in total.

iOS5 launched last night, and brings hundreds of new features to the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. You'll need to update to iTunes 10.5 first if you want to install it. This comes ahead of the launch of Apple's latest smartphone, the iPhone 4S, which goes on sale on Friday and has already topped 1 million pre-orders.

How have you fared with iOS5? Have you had any technical glitches? Let us know

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/users-complain-ios5-download-takes-ages-50005614/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Donnie (13-10-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    that what you get when a billion prople sic try and download at the same time lol
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Lol im glad i caught it early, mine took about 20mins too lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think i`ll give it a week or 2 before downloading....lol
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here are some download links to speed up your download

iOS 5 has just been released by Apple. The hotly anticipated update brings a variety of major new features to the iOS platform, including Notifications, iMessage, wireless syncing, iCloud support, Twitter integration, Reminders, in addition to over 200 overall feature updates or enhancements.

You can update to iOS 5 through iTunes, plug in your device and launch iTunes and you will get an update notification. Be sure to backup your existing iOS installation before proceeding.

Other than updating through iTunes, you can also download iOS 5 IPSW directly from the links below and install the firmware manually.

iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4 GSM
    iPhone 4 CDMA
    iPhone 4,1 (4S?)
    iPad
    iPad 2 WiFi
    iPad 2,2 – GSM
    iPad 2,3 – CDMA
    iPod touch 3G
    iPod touch 4G
    Apple TV2
    best to use a download manager

Code:
    http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/12/ios-5-download-available/
    Last edited by bassethound; 13-10-11 at 08:20.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    LMAO you mean these links i posted yesterday

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5500-iPod-iPhone-and-iPad-Firmware-Download-Apple-TV-firmware-as-well!&p=87282&viewfull=1#post87282
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Mine took over 3hours last night!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    LMAO you mean these links i posted yesterday

Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5500-iPod-iPhone-and-iPad-Firmware-Download-Apple-TV-firmware-as-well!&p=87282&viewfull=1#post87282
    sorry m8 didnt see that post lol more links the merrier

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    I went to update missus's ipod last night. Connected and only said 4.3.5 update avialable. Thought to check system update on osx 10.7.1, and saw an itunes, osx lion recovery& osx 10.7.2 update available. All together nearly 1gb to download. Did the download, and within 8 minutes they'd all downloaded....

Never got round to updating ipod in the end, but guess fortunately the osx update server is through a different pipe to the imo

Sent with Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    took me about 20 mins this morning to download and update iPhone 3gs, but there seems to be a delay when connecting to the wifi/internet once its connected though is seems faster.

the iCloud gadget looks good though, just have to download something to PC and it wirelessly sends to your iPhone..
    Last edited by aftermath; 13-10-11 at 18:17. Reason: spelling

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just done my IOS5 update today.....12 mins to download....6 mins install....lol
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    nice looks like the rush has come down

time for me to try it
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I cant believe how long it took some people
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    I cant believe how long it took some people

reports are that the apple server nearly crashed with the amount of users downloading
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I love to know how many connections were made to there server lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast