Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sony recalls 1.6 million Bravia HDTVs

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Sony recalls 1.6 million Bravia HDTVs

Sony has recalled 1.6 million Bravia HDTVs this week after it was revealed that faulty components could lead to fires.
    The TVs were sold in the last 4 years and there have been 11 reported incidents in Japan since 2008. While there have been no injuries, a recent report of a "small fire and smoke" coming from a customer's TV prompted the recall.

Spokesperson Yuki Shima says the faulty components are in the backlight systems. These can lead to overheating, melting of the top of the LCD set, or even a small fire.

Sony has been hit with a number of recalls in the past years including one just last month with 2 million batteries in Sony mobile phones needing to be replaced due to overheating.

While there haven't been any reports outside of Japan, the recall is global.

The models affected are KDL-40D3400, KLD-40D3500, KDL-40D3550, KDL-40D3660, KDL-40V3000, KDL-40W3000, KDL-40X3000 and KDL-40X3500.

Code:
     http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2011/10/12/sony_recalls_1_6_million_bravia_hdtvs
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

catseye (12-10-11),Sicilian (13-10-11),silverfox0786 (12-10-11)