Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Orange and T-Mobile customers to share 3G signal

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Orange and T-Mobile customers to share 3G signal

Orange and T-Mobile customers are about to get a 3G signal boost, as the two companies begin sharing their data network.

Orange and T-Mobile recently merged to form the confusingly named Everything Everywhere. They're keeping the two separate names, for some reason, but all 27 million customers of the two companies will be able to use each others' network.

During the 'big switch-on' last year, Orange and T-Mobile customers were able to use both networks to make phone calls and send texts. Up until now you've been limited to your own network's 3G coverage, but that will change from next week with the 'big 3G switch-on'.

In theory, that should mean that your 3G coverage improves while you're out and about. The BBC recently discovered that 3G coverage in the UK ain't that great.

There's no charge to use the other network's signal -- you won't even notice it's happening, as your phone automatically connects to whatever signal is available, with the minimum of fuss.

As well as extending the 3G coverage available for customers, Everything Everywhere plans to make improvements to the phone system for calls and text.

The 3G sharing starts next week, and will reach new regions across the UK over the next few months.

Are you an Orange or T-Mobile customer? Has your signal improved since the merger? Are you in a 3G blackspot and can't wait for some extra signal-sharing? Signal your thoughts in the comments below

Code:
     http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/orange-and-t-mobile-customers-to-share-3g-signal-50005560/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I certainly hope their 3G coverage improved, never made much difference with the phone coverage.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i cant see it making too much of a difference to be fair as there not improving the network just opening up both halves to all customers now rather than restricting orange to orange and t-mobile to t-mobile. although i cant fathom out why there still two separate networks.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    ill let u know as we just got the joint coverage at work for 3g for our pda's lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    i wonder when t-mobile customers get the orange deals

like orange iphone films and orange wednesdays

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    can't say that it improved my signal strength when they merged. I'll wait and see how the 3g goes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I dont think its ment to improve the signal, it just ment to give you more coverage by using either orange or tmobile, i dont think it works simultaneously so u wont see an increase. We were told if ur signal is pants then switch fone on and off and it will switch to the other network that has better signal
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    I dont think its ment to improve the signal, it just ment to give you more coverage by using either orange or tmobile, i dont think it works simultaneously so u wont see an increase. We were told if ur signal is pants then switch fone on and off and it will switch to the other network that has better signal
    yes thats pretty much it, customers of both can now latch into each others network towers, so if your on t-mobile and you enter a area that has no or poor t-mobile cell coverage but excellent orange coverage the phone can switch to the new towers giving coverage where there previously was none.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    This was done some months back IIRC getting an email and having to log on to my account to enable it so would not be charged for using Orange, guess there done away with it. To be honest service is not that better as still get dead spots.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    yea stans right it was done months ago about 6 iirc

also to answer punishers query it does use em silmultaniously as im on tmobile myself

there is now 3 options to choose from in network search

1 T-Mobile
    2 Orange
    3 T-Mobile Orange

the 3rd being the one that uses both at same time

its a bit like binding

so it chooses best coverage at time of call without needing to keep searching and switching

mine is always latched to the 3rd one

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Nicee ill have to check that out
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Thanks
    here you go punisher this is what i ment

IMG_3657.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Aah right mine shows GBR Virgin Media which im guessin is our merge with orange and tmobile and virgin
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hmmmm "Your SIM card does not allow this connection"
    Thanks Orange, wondered what I was paying you £30/month for

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Got a text today from Orange, looks like the 3G upgrade has taken place, 3G on my iphone aint never been so fast
    D I S C L A I M E R

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable