Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Nexus is official name of Nexus Prime

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Samsung Galaxy Nexus is official name of Nexus Prime

Forget the iPhone 4S -- the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is coming. The new leader of the Android gang, previously known as the Nexus Prime, is to be unveiled next week -- and the details are already starting to emerge.

The Galaxy Nexus will be the flagship Android device, packed with bleeding-edge features and the latest version of Google's software for mobile phones, codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich. That's stuffed into a 9mm thin, 4.6-inch curved phone.

Galaxy Nexus will be the official title of the phone rumoured as the Nexus Prime, Boy Genius Report claims. It sports a 4.65-inch, 720x1,280-pixel Super AMOLED HD. It has a whopping 32GB of built-in storage, with a main 5-megapixel camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video calls. It also shoots high-definition 1080p video.

Inside the phone is a dual-core Texas Instruments OMAP 4460 Cortex A9 processor, clocked at 1.2GHz, with 1GB of RAM. Power comes from a 1,750mAh battery. In short, it's a monster.

As the flagship Android phone, it won't be adulterated with Samsung's TouchWiz interface. But it will bear the Samsung Galaxy name, rather than just the Nexus name -- its predecessors were called the Google Nexus One and Google Nexus S.

The phone also offers a couple of features that aren't entirely relevant to us Brits: it's a 4G phone, for next-generation Web connection, and boasts near-field communication (NFC). There are decent 4G networks in the US, but the technology hasn't advanced past the trial stage here in Blighty. NFC hasn't taken off yet either, but could one day see us paying for stuff by waving our phones at NFC-equipped tills.

Those US features could mean the phone comes to Europe in a different form. We'll find out on 11 October -- keep it CNET UK for all the up-to-the-minute news!

In the meantime, here's Samsung's teaser video. Check out that curve

Will the Galaxy Nexus give the iPhone 4S a run for its money? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-nexus-is-official-name-of-nexus-prime-50005532/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    how long before apple tries to sue em for this one
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓