Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iPhone 4S sees iPhone 4 and 3GS UK price drop

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    Is that not down to the coders of the apps for the 100s of quality apps on the idevices there are 1000`s of awful ones,give it time android will out perform everything apple has to offer including hardware software and functionality.
    And when that day comes I may have another look, until then I'll stick with the iPhone etc.
    So many people make Apps for the iPhone first as it is such a structured device. (evolution wise etc)
    And most Apps work, unlike my previous phone.
    I'm not an Apple fanboy in any respect. I avoided the iPhone until the 3GS, as I thought it just didn't work properly.
    I still use a PC and have no intention of changing to a Mac.
    I have a iPad, but would have no qualms swapping to a Android/Windows tablet if/when the Android Market really gets going.
    It's not that i'm not technically aware, it's just that I'm sick of things being rushed to market and consumers being used as beta testers.

As for the Apple App store...
    Doesn't Apple get some credit for creating the App store in the first place?
    For all of it's restrictive failings, it at least brings everything together in one place.
    At that time, there was nothing like it out there.
    Being able to look in one place and pay securely was brilliant.
    Others are playing catch up, and I agree may eventually overtake.

I too used to be a tinkerer/tweaker. Being able to adjust every last perimeter was vital.
    Weekends were spent tinkering with the PC, then adjusting my CRT projector, programming my Pronto remote, then trying to get my HTPC to just bloody work.
    Then I realised that most of these things weren't really important, and way too time consuming. (never mind totally frustrating at times!)
    So out went the( superior) CRT Projector for a simpler DLP.
    The Pronto went for a Harmony remote.
    The HTPC was junked, and a PS3 took it's place.
    Result? More films watched in the first month than a year with the CRT. (and actually watching a full film without adjusting something!)
    The Harmony just simply works.
    The PS3 just simply works.

These days I prefere to spend my spare time on more important things, and i don't worry if i cannot change my text alert sound for the Crazy Frog ringtone.
    Last edited by fulabeer; 07-10-11 at 23:36.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I agree with virtually everything you said Paul, but the problem I have with Apple is when they ban apps such as the wikileak and the Palestinian one, the draw t line at any firm dictatating what I should read or think.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    apple are far too restrictive for my liking and thats my primary reason i dont like apple or their products. i have my own mind and if i choose to use my own phone in a way i want to who are apple to tell me i cant ?. Now i'm not talking about piracy or any thing like that but i find apples need to control every single thing on their products a total put off for me.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    apple are far too restrictive for my liking and thats my primary reason i dont like apple or their products. i have my own mind and if i choose to use my own phone in a way i want to who are apple to tell me i cant ?. Now i'm not talking about piracy or any thing like that but i find apples need to control every single thing on their products a total put off for me.
    Apple don't tell anybody how to use their iPhone.
    You a totally free to use it as back scratcher if you wish.
    They do however have a set plan how they WISH for it to be used.
    With that plan comes software updates, improvements and new ideas.
    If you don't like their ideas/plans then either don't buy one, or get one and hack it to death.
    But if you are going to do that, then you may as well get a better spec phone to start with.
    Apple isn't the only supplier, so there are plenty of other phones/systems to choose from.

I actually like the idea that Apple has competition.
    It means they cannot hang around too much, and have to open up certain things.
    Some people see Apples restrictions as a bad thing, others see it as aiding stability and usability.

Like all forms of censorship, it is there to protect the majority not the individual.
    As with all forms of censorship, there are ways around it!
    You can jailbreak the iPhone, but with the more flexible benefits it also brings upgrade headaches when new updates come out.

There is no such phone that suits everybodies needs.........and that's a good thing!
    Last edited by fulabeer; 08-10-11 at 19:33.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    I agree with virtually everything you said Paul, but the problem I have with Apple is when they ban apps such as the wikileak and the Palestinian one, the draw t line at any firm dictatating what I should read or think.
    I can kinda agree with you, but every company has standards/rules. So it is up to you if you agree or if they matter.
    Apple have restricted certain content, rightly or wrongly, it's up to them.

This forum has a swear filter, and doesn't allow racists/sexists comments etc. Some people may see this as a restriction on their free speech. Others just think this as good standards. Again, apart from certain legal standpoints, it's up to the site owner what standards he wishes to be adhered etc.
    If anybody doesn't like those standards, they should look elsewhere etc.

Title
    Thanks
    been on the lookout for an iphone 4 last few days and from what i see on another forum the price of used iphone 4 seems to be in freefall due to the large numbers of them dumped onto the 2nd user market the last 2 days. Brand new and sealed iphone 4 seem to be holding onto a bit of value but 2nd user with warranty in good condition have been going for less that £300 (16gig versions), unheard of a couple of weeks ago.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the price is naturally going to drop for the second hand market but it's not going to be a drastic drop especially from those that paid cash for the phones in the first place, and it's certainly not going to be the same with new boxed units.

as far as ebay goes, well i have been buying / selling / unlocking and repairing phones for well over 15 years and i dont rate the ebay as a valuation tool for mobile phones or any other high end electrical device at all, as they are always way off either way too artificially high in price or way to low.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    pheonix, deffinitely agree with you on the ebay prices for iphones, they are up and down for the same model iphone by the hour i was looking there for a phone but the prices are too variable and you need to sit on each auction as it closes tracking the price for a good value. i found the audio forum has a lot of iphones going through where the prices are set by bartering in the threads with the buyer and seller. ithink that the prices there are realistic as they are trading that is not pushed by last minute bid fever

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yup. at the end of the day any device is only as valuable as the buyer is willing to pay, and ebay especially brings out the competitive edge with people bidding just to gazump some one else. and yes you will get a better price by bartering and that is something that happens on this forum but some people are unwilling to go that route as they likely paid more for it them selves.

any way i wish you good luck in finding a phone at the rite price for you. personally i would not waste my money on a iphone but that's my own view on it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I would not trust the Ebay bidding as I think there is shill bidding going on. I've been looking at tablet prices and there all over the place. Personally only venture to ebay to gauge value and buy from user forums, at least your not ripped off.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i would not even trust it for gauging prices mate, as i said as far as i am concerned ebay is well known for artificially increasing prices on most electronic goods, in part by shill bidding amongst other things.

SIMPLES.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123