Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4S sees iPhone 4 and 3GS UK price drop

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

iPhone 4S sees iPhone 4 and 3GS UK price drop

Thinking about buying an iPhone? The new iPhone 4S was announced last night, which means prices for the current iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS have dropped. Could now be a good time to bag an iBargain?

The 4GS starts at £500 for the 16GB model, when bought from Apple SIM-free.

Buying direct from Apple means you can choose any phone network and put any SIM card in the phone, so even though it's a lot to pay out up front, you'll probably save in the long run. Throw a GiffGaff SIM card in there, for example, and you could spend as little as £10 per month, even with unlimited Internet browsing.
    Do you a deal

The phone networks are still in the process of sorting out prices, but they'll offer the phone at a reduced price as long as you sign up for a contract. Most contracts last two years, and include a set allowance of free phone calls, text messages and data -- data being particularly important, as the iPhone is all about browsing the Web.

You'll probably spend more in the long run over the length of a contract -- and there's no getting out of the contract even if you spot a better deal -- but it's the easiest way to get hold of a new iPhone if you don't have £500 just lying around.

We'll keep you posted on details of the deals from the networks. We're expecting all the major networks to sell the iPhone 4S, as will Phones4U and Carphone Warehouse. The Guardian reports Carphone Warehouse is selling the phone SIM-free alongside its network deals for the first time.
    Vintage iPhones

The iPhone 4S looks identical to the iPhone 4, which is pretty disappointing if you were waiting for a brand spanking new phone. But it does mean you can buy an iPhone 4 and you won't look like you have yesterday's phone. The current iPhone 4 will update to the same software as the new phone, so you will have many of the new features, although you won't get the cool new Siri voice-control feature.

Apple obviously knows this, as the iPhone 4 isn't cheap: the new 8GB model costs £430. You can currently get an iPhone 4 free on a network contract, but you're looking at paying around £40 per month for the privilege. That may change when the 4S actually lands.

The iPhone 3GS, which is now two years old, can be bought for £320 from Apple. It's free on selected contracts from several networks.

The iPhone 4S hits shops on 14 October. The update to iOS 5 for existing phones will be available from 12 October. Are you tempted to pick up an older iPhone? Seen any great deals we should know about? Tell us in the comments section below

Code:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/iphone-4s-sees-iphone-4-and-3gs-uk-price-drop-50005506/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (05-10-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Get a Iphone 4 8gb for £429 or a Galaxy s 2 16 gb expandable to 32 gb for £399 from amazon uk etc nothing quite like paying more for less

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    agreed. with apple the same as many other so called super brands. your paying for the name not so much the hardware. thats always been my major gripe especially with the original iphone as it was years behind most of it's competitors hardware wise.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    yeh apple have always been over priced but thats the price you pay for these kinda things innit if you want the beez neez all bells and whistles lol
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    yeh apple have always been over priced but thats the price you pay for these kinda things innit if you want the beez neez all bells and whistles lol
    thats the thing though, at least with the first iphone and even upto the 3g it did not have the so called bells and whistles as it was vastly outdated hardware wise and really rather poor compared to others in the market.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh i know, its similar thing with their macs, over priced but you know exactly what it is ur paying the extra for lol but for people that doesnt faze them i guess, and i guess i fall in that category lol i want all the bells and whistles hehe and i dont mind paying the extra for it
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    yeh i know, its similar thing with their macs, over priced but you know exactly what it is ur paying the extra for lol but for people that doesnt faze them i guess, and i guess i fall in that category lol i want all the bells and whistles hehe and i dont mind paying the extra for it
    "Mug" sounds like the correct word to describe it
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Haha u cud say that but i love apple never done me wrong only made things better for me and easier so its not too much of an issue even got the misses hooked on apple she loves her iphone and now loves the ipad even more. Dammit i got the ipad so she cud use the laptop but now she uses the ipad even more lol
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Haha u cud say that but i love apple never done me wrong only made things better for me and easier so its not too much of an issue even got the misses hooked on apple she loves her iphone and now loves the ipad even more. Dammit i got the ipad so she cud use the laptop but now she uses the ipad even more lol
    Certainly ain't done any thing for your spelling LOL.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    "Mug" sounds like the correct word to describe it
    Haha totally agreed.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Lmao lets face it my spellin isnt gna change lol im too lazy to type correct spellings lol much easier for me to shorthand n slang eh its helps u golden oldies cath up wiv the lingo out there haha its a win win
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Lmao lets face it my spellin isnt gna change lol im too lazy to type correct spellings lol much easier for me to shorthand n slang eh its helps u golden oldies cath up wiv the lingo out there haha its a win win
    lol i have 4 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters so i'm well versed in numpty enough to understand your lingo LOL

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The App Store and stable Apps is what makes tha iPad and iPhone stand out, not the hardware.
    The other restrictions (like flash player and ring tones etc etc) can be pain sometimes. But they also makes the devices rock solid and easy to use.
    My last phone could do everything, the problem was I didn't know how to make it do everything I wanted.
    Even then, it only did what i wanted for a short time before crashing/freezing or spitting it's dummy out!

With Apple, less really is more...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VU+ Zero - Triax TD110 - Inverto Black Ultra twin LNB - Superior DarkMotor - VIX v3.2

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Problem is that the iPhone 4s looks exactly the same as the 4 so if you buy one how will anyone know you are better than them ?

Title
    Thanks
    Is that not down to the coders of the apps for the 100s of quality apps on the idevices there are 1000`s of awful ones,give it time android will out perform everything apple has to offer including hardware software and functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by fulabeer View Post
    The App Store and stable Apps is what makes tha iPad and iPhone stand out, not the hardware.
    The other restrictions (like flash player and ring tones etc etc) can be pain sometimes. But they also makes the devices rock solid and easy to use.
    My last phone could do everything, the problem was I didn't know how to make it do everything I wanted.
    Even then, it only did what i wanted for a short time before crashing/freezing or spitting it's dummy out!

With Apple, less really is more...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast