Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: trying to get thor 1w on sat dish

Title
    Thanks

trying to get thor 1w on sat dish

i have a 85cm dish i am in the north west, uk
    i have setup up the dish with a techomate motor on it connected to a vu duo set top box

now i have had a read up and you need to point it to 1deg west thor so you see the arc and then you can set the motor up to find the others, the problem i am having is that i just cant seem to get thor

i have used sat finder on the vu duo box set it as a single lnb so i can pin point it before i put my dish settings in there ie the motor is this right.

i did a search for the settings in my postcode

can someone check this and am i right
    long 125
    lat 50
    evlautor 35

i am in XXX XXX

ta

i have the pli image on the duo just a tad stuck stuck ta
    Last edited by Sicilian; 28-06-10 at 21:56. Reason: removed postcode for your security.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Set you latitude to 50.0000

Set your longitude to .9000
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    what will this be
    Elevation 32.7 am i right?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not sure about elevation but you should be able to find the details in the manual that came with your motor (if you still have it) it will have a chart in it (usually) then you can get your Lat & Long from multimap, just enter your postcode and scroll down to the bottom of the page then use the figures in the (****) not the unbracketed figures.
    Last edited by paul362; 29-06-10 at 07:06.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Thanks

struggling on getting thor using a motor on dish

ok i think i have got my long+lang settings
    long=2.435
    lat 50.000

so i have set the motor plate to lat=50
    the evulation is at 38ish i think on the other side of the plate.

now the dish itself this has to have the elevation set up?
    ---------------------------------------
    in the manual in the chart it
    says
    yours site lattuide
    which is 50

elevation angle 40 (but is 38ish on plate with the lat set at 50)

declination angle= 7.3(whats this)
    dish bracket angle=22.7 (is this what i should set my dish at?)

im just struggling trying to get thor i am using the vu duo box the satfinder on it.
    do i set the tuner to a motor setting and put in my long n lat, or a single lnb and connect the cable direct
    from the lnb to my reciver

i just strugging ta

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I thought i would post this here also as it may help others (rather than just reply in a pm).

@ pgtips

Lat (53.62812) North

Long (-2.43579) West

for the Longitude just set it to (0.000) West.

For latitude set it to (53.681) North

As far as dish bracket elevation goes im not totally sure in your region (im in surrey) and round here its around 50-51 on the motor bracket, I think yours should be around 53 ? once you have set this i would point the dish @ thor 0.8w and select a good channel (like BBC news) and then fine tune the dish elevation (not motor bracket) when you get the best signal strength poss then lock off the dish elevation bolts and fine tune the left and right (east/west) movement on the dish via the motor to pole (not dish to motor) I presume you have already aligned the dish mounting bracket to the line (dead center) of the motor pole ! once you have finished this part and have a good signal then tighten up all bolts and check other satellites for consistency and signal strength, if its all good pour yourself a pint and start viewing.
    Last edited by paul362; 29-06-10 at 15:51.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to paul362 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (29-06-10)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    @ pgtips, I've merged your topics, one topic is enough for the same issue
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

paul362 (29-06-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I set mine with a sat meter only a cheapo one
    Got motor and dish aliened to each other then pointed roughly at 1W
    Pole was nice and plumb otherwise you’re wasting your time
    Then just moved the dish side to side and up and down slowly till the sat meter starts to scream
    I get a good signal from 1w with a 1m dish in the south. Once on the sat i then roll the dish around the arc to see how good the arc is and adjust to suit
    Once setup a stab motor with a 65cm dish and could not get 1W. so set the stab motor to 28E
    Locked on to 28e then set the sat positions from the motor manual into the STB
    Dish moved to 1w and bingo got a picture, just check that you can get that channel with your dish size in your location
    Last edited by hummer66; 29-06-10 at 15:59.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Hummer forgot to mention the most important bit about having a plumb pole

I think he is using Usals.

Title
    Thanks
    pg tips your pole got to be spot on , then find west point it there then set up box install bouquet with 1 west channels in, point the box to bbc news then play with the dish once you have bbc world news then fine tune with meter been there done this and you need the broadcast on to make this easier

Title
    Thanks
    cheers thanks for that so it makes it easier then to have bbc on then and just play with the dish till it comes on.

i did look at the chart in the technomate 2300 manual for the the motor, and it said to set the evulation to 22.5 on my dish, but i am unsure this is right i have tried this and got nothing

any ideas if this is the right cord thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pgtips View Post
    cheers thanks for that so it makes it easier then to have bbc on then and just play with the dish till it comes on.

i did look at the chart in the technomate 2300 manual for the the motor, and it said to set the evulation to 22.5 on my dish, but i am unsure this is right i have tried this and got nothing

That is (as im sure you know) for the dish itself Not the motor bracket ! motor bracket = 53 dish= 22.5. (although as far as the dish goes i would just play with the up and down and get the best signal as a starting point.

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD LINE OF SIGHT TO DUE SOUTH ? ALSO TRY ANOTHER L.N.B IF YOU STILL GET NOTHING.
    Last edited by paul362; 04-07-10 at 07:53.

kingy29
    Quote Originally Posted by pgtips View Post

This is the declination angle so that your dish follows the sat arc, the markings are near enough right set it to the right angle and lock it off. Make sure the motor is set to zero,the pole perfectly plumb both sides this is critical. Point the dish to 0.8 west thor tune to BBC world alter elevation not the declination angle a sat meter is advisable