Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Dish location

Title
    Thanks

Dish location

I am thinking about purchasing the VU+ Duo box from the site sponsor, like the sponsor I am from Leicester, want to go for a 1m motorised setup, but before I do, need to get a clear idea if the dish can be located above the gutter line, as shown in the dishpointer image (shows true south).

Proposed setup:

VU+ Duo
    1m Orbital Dish
    Darkmotor or Technomate TM2600
    Twin 0.1 LNB (not really sure which one to go for)
    2 x 24" T&K Brackets
    Scaffold pole, got one its 14 feet long, builder left it ;-)
    U bolts

Tuner A - Sky feed (fixed dish already setup)
    Tuner B - Motorised

My concerns is that the pitch of the roof may restrict the feeds & the weight of the pole and dish may be to much when we get high winds. Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

rjsoni
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As far as the pole goes I use an 8foot (do NOT use 14 foot) galvanized scaffold pole and it is fine (as far as strength goes) but it does wobble a bit in high wind, the 24" T&K should be well strong enough, as far as the site location goes depending on the distance between the 2 houses you may well get problems with the eat sats looking @ your piccy ? you may be better off trying to re'locate to a better place with a more clear line of sight, that said its going to be trial and error im afraid if that's your only point of mounting.
    Last edited by paul362; 29-06-10 at 07:17.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.