Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gemini 4.70

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts

Gemini 4.70

I believe my DM is genuine, as MAC starts 093. I had PLI jade installed but the authenticity HTTP test did not work.

Is there anyway of know for certain it is genuine as I want to install Gemini 4.70 on it

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ct-4.70-DM7020

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    The only way for sure is the authenticity test, when you say it didn't work, what did it do or not do? The only other ways are knowing where it was purchased or the price, that's often a good indication. Lots of clones/fakes also have a cloned MAC address so that's not really an indicator either way.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    You could email DMM with your MAC and serial number, they will confirm 100%.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    The only way for sure is the authenticity test, when you say it didn't work, what did it do or not do? The only other ways are knowing where it was purchased or the price, that's often a good indication. Lots of clones/fakes also have a cloned MAC address so that's not really an indicator either way.
    In the web browser there was a link to the test and when i click on it it failed to connect gave a http error.

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks
    Download the Authenticity test via the software plugins, this will generate you a verification code, then visit this page to enter the code:

Code:
    https://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/authenticity-test
    Hopefully this will confirm one way or another.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've searched and could not find an authencity plugin - running PLI jade Green.

I downloaded the dreambrowser and when I click on the authencity test it fails saying the browser does not support / have SSL?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can you post some piccy's of the box inside and out ? then i can have a little looky and advise you.

Also you can normally tell by the screws on the rear of the box (im sure DM use course threaded) self tapper type screws and the clones usually have silver fine threaded screws.
    Last edited by paul362; 30-06-10 at 16:43.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    here some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    some more pics

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Where did you purchase this? PM me the retailers name.

If you purchased recently I think its a clone. I'm pretty sure the last 7020's had a release button in the CI slot. Going by the photo of the inside of the CI slot I dont believe yours has this button.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the pic's as Sic said above if you purchased it new very recently chances are its a clone, as far as the pictures go the screws look original BUT the casing looks like it has a MAT Finnish ? Did it have any clear plastic stuck on the cover and the bottom when you got it ? if so it is a Clone if Not im stumped for the minute.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I bought it 2nd hand of another forum before I bought the Vu+.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Still no reply from DM but found these pics on there wiki and one of the chips is exactly the same name, as is the layout.