Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Why do sellers insist on send.....

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts

Why do sellers insist on send.....

This is really starting to get on my nerves..

Why do sellers here and everywhere else insist on using a courier to send their items they have sold here on this forum and others..

For Gods sake..

Send the damn thing via Royal Mail 1st class signed for..

Its a damn side cheaper and faster than using any courier service..

Lets say your in London.. It costs exactly the same to send your package to Northern Ireland as it does to your next door neightbour in London..

I bought a Vu Solo from Jas on Wednesday.. Jas was pricing couriers and it was working out at a fortune to send to me in NI..

I told him to price Royal Mail 1st class signed for.. to which he did.. Total cost £9.72..

The solo arrived with me this morning in perfect condiction.. and took less than 18 hours to get here..

So.. What i dont want to see from now on in any listings is .. :

"Will only send to mainland UK.. "

Just because we dont live on the mainland.. does not mean our money is not as good as yours..

We are part of the UK as well.. We aint foreigners.. !!!!!

Use your head is for thinking.. and your feet are for dancing.. !!! ..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (31-03-13)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Mr Mister, I think the problem is using a courior to send large items in mainland Uk is cheaper than shipping to Northern Ireland. For instance parcelforce express 48 charge £13.19 to send a Duo to Northern Ireland, when in the mainland UK using Interparcel.com only costs around £8.50

The other problem with Royalmail signed for is that you get no parcel tracking. Either Parcelforce epxress or RMSD needs to be used for tracking.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (09-09-11)

Title
    Thanks
    Not to mention its entirly up to the choice of the seller who they want to sell too location,shipping etc at the end of the day if your not happy with the terms of the sale dont buy it.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    For instance parcelforce express 48 charge £13.19 to send a Duo to Northern Ireland, when in the mainland UK using Interparcel.com only costs around £8.50
    I totally understand that.. But thats a 48 hour server.. My solo from Jas was here in less than 18 hours..

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    The other problem with Royalmail signed for is that you get no parcel tracking. Either Parcelforce epxress or RMSD needs to be used for tracking.
    Correct.. you do not get a tracking number as such.. but you do get a Ref number to keep track of the package..

With my work i send packages all over the world every day.. and always use royal mail signed for.. and i give the customer the ref number..
    They are able to see exactly when their package has entered their country with their ref number.. But its not tracked like a courier service..

Only the main changes are logged..

Quote Originally Posted by jcm193 View Post
    Not to mention its entirly up to the choice of the seller who they want to sell too location,shipping etc at the end of the day if your not happy with the terms of the sale dont buy it.
    so whats wrong with my money rather than someone on the mainland.. ??

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I recently used Royal Mail 1st class signed for and it took 6 days
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Thanks
    Nothing Mr. Mister you can see from my vu+ for sale thread,I offered tyler from the Republic Of Ireland my vu+duo for £270 if came back with £230 I think its worth more than that i would not hesitate to sell anything in NI as its part of the UK anyway. If anyone is asking for more money because they are sending to NI stay away from the deal
    Last edited by jcm193; 09-09-11 at 13:10.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jcm193 For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (09-09-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    One other thing, Royal Mail signed for only covers you for up to £48 or something like that. I would prefer to know that my item will be covered for what it's worth! In that respect, RMSD will be better as that's up to £500, and is next day. But, it all depends on weight & size etc. When I sold my dm800, if I left the manual in the box, it was coming up at £21 to post. However, I removed the manual, and it came back as £7.50 or something like that. So, I could simply send the manual signed for, and in that respect came out about £8.50. So, this is the same price as a courier, unlike the £21 they originally wanted! So, if possible, I would use a RMSD, but at other times, like when I sold a 2.1 audio system, it would've cost a fortune with RM, as weight about 9kg or so...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Good points by all..

Courier companys on the mainland could defo be a better deal for you guys as long as your sending items that are staying on the mainland..

All im asking is.. If your sending to NI or Rep.. Dont cripple us with stupid charges cause its being sent via courier service..

Royal Mail are just as good as any courier company.. and cheaper for us here in Ireland.. Both North and South..

@ Alan P

Why not go back to the post office and ask why.. ??
    You never know what you maybe entitled to..
    It sounds to me like you sent the solo you sold 2nd class..
    that does take 5-7 days..

Also.. as far as i am aware.. 1st class is not guarenteed next day.. but it does usually arrive next day anywhere in the UK..
    They do guarentee 2 day delivery..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Alanp (09-09-11)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    All im asking is.. If your sending to NI or Rep.. Dont cripple us with stupid charges cause its being sent via courier service..
    m8, you cant class NI & Rep in the same postal cost. Rep is even more expensive that NI
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (09-09-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
    Good points by all..

Courier companys on the mainland could defo be a better deal for you guys as long as your sending items that are staying on the mainland..

Royal Mail are just as good as any courier company.. and cheaper for us here in Ireland.. Both North and South..

@ Alan P

Why not go back to the post office and ask why.. ??
    You never know what you maybe entitled to..
    It sounds to me like you sent the solo you sold 2nd class..
    that does take 5-7 days..

Also.. as far as i am aware.. 1st class is not guarenteed next day.. but it does usually arrive next day anywhere in the UK..
    They do guarentee 2 day delivery..
    I did send it first class recorded mate but I went on the royal mail website and they state '' please allow up to 5 working days'' for first class recrded.I will allways send special delivery now for the insurance as all you get back on first class recorded is the value of 100 first class stamps
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alanp For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (09-09-11)

Title
    Thanks

postage

Am i right in saying if you pay by paypal is the item not covered for up to £500,i have got several boxes on fleabay and the most postage i paid was about £12 to the rep of ireland.Usually was delivered by royal mail from the uk

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dathai60 View Post
    Am i right in saying if you pay by paypal is the item not covered for up to £500,i have got several boxes on fleabay and the most postage i paid was about £12 to the rep of ireland.Usually was delivered by royal mail from the uk
    The paypal protection is something done via Ebay and does not cover the private transaction many others do on PP especially not when you pay as a gift.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?