Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VU Uno or a Xtrend ET5000

jonc

VU Uno or a Xtrend ET5000

Hi
    At the moment I have a blade 7000hd which as no problems but I want a second box so I can but the blade upstairs in the bedroom. I was looking at the Vu+uno but to be truthful I cant get my head around paying nearly £300 quid for a sat box so I just wanted to know if its worth paying or is the Xtrend ET5000 just as good for a lot less

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    This sort of depends is you want the Extras that the VU+ Uno offers such as internal HDD, front display etc...If you can do without them, then yes the ET5000 more or less does the same job.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

jonc
    What's the pro and con between the both do like the sound of the front display and internal hhd though

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    The main pro's and cons are the front display and internal HDD. The tuner on the VU+ Uno is modular. Performance wise they very similar, both perform very fast. Picture quality of both is comparible. Oh and the VU+ Uno has an esata port at the rear for external HDD. The ET5000 uses USB for external HDD.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Just to let you know, the ViX image is the same in the ET5000 as it is in the Uno.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

jonc
    So really apart from the front display there's not much different between them or is it worth paying the extra £70 for these extras

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    So really apart from the front display there's not much different between them or is it worth paying the extra £70 for these extras
    No the Uno has internal HDD facility, the ET5000 does not. All depends on budget and how much recording your going to do and if you want intenral HDD. Software is pretty much identical.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

jonc
    Is there a big different when it comes to recording from the internal hhd and the external usb HDD

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Is there a big different when it comes to recording from the internal hhd and the external usb HDD
    Not that I've seen no. Just tidyer when the HDD is inside the machine.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

jonc
    Ok thanks for your help

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for your help
    Np, in the end I suppose its down to budget and if you want/need the extras the Uno offers.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

jonc
    Would Like the uno but not sure the extras are worth the extra money and the headache from her for spending that much

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    and the headache from her for spending that much
    know the feeling there
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    i have the ET5000 and i would buy it again, as for the recording i just record to a Nas drive and have a usb stick for the EPG & picicons ect.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to copex For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (06-09-11)

jonc
    What's a Nas drive

Silly question but can any off these box's work like a sky box as in pause rewind live tv etc
    Last edited by jonc; 06-09-11 at 21:39.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast