Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vm 30mg superhub and vu duo

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 249 Posts

Vm 30mg superhub and vu duo

Just had to swap me old 50mg modem to vm's new superhub with router inc but since ive swapped my picture just freezes every now & then i know what its not but has anyone else had problems with this super hub ??

thanx

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcmedia View Post
    Just had to swap me old 50mg modem to vm's new superhub with router inc but since ive swapped my picture just freezes every now & then i know what its not but has anyone else had problems with this super hub ??

thanx
    i think every vm custer hates the superhub :d
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Lol theres a few settings u can change on the router to get the best outa it. Ill run through wiv em wen i get home
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

mmcmedia (13-08-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just let me know whens best for you

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok, try this and let me know how it goes
    login to router gateway page http://192.168.0.1
    username: admin
    password: changeme

at the bottom click on Advanced Settings
    on the left menu click on Services
    take the tick out of the last 2 options
    you can also take the tick out of the firewall but that is upto you, but i have found it to run a lot smoother with the firewall disabled too as well the other 2 options.
    Save those settings.
    Again on the left menu click on Wireless Settings
    Change the 300mbps to 145mbps (problem is the router is assignin 2 channels and is then gettin confused on which one to use for devices and causing connection/speed issues, should have been fixed in the last few firmware updates but not too sure, but test it out)
    also try changing the channel to 10 or 11 and see if that makes any difference)
    the above changes will obviously only effect wifi... if you arent having problems with wifi then leave those settings and just do the ones in the Services menu and see how that pans out for u.
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to punisher For This Useful Post:

bassethound (10-04-12),boorat (08-09-11),mmcmedia (14-08-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    to mmcmedia did the settings have any effect to stop the freezing? my dad is having the same problem

Title
    Thanks
    I heard their was a new update that allows the router to gointo modem only modem like the good old days i would do that and get my self a DDWRT DLINK 615 works so well.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yeh new update allows Modem Only
    Mode under Advanced Settings
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    had mine in modem mode for a while now using a beklin router aswell this is100% the best option with these superhubs atm

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcmedia View Post
    had mine in modem mode for a while now using a beklin router aswell this is100% the best option with these superhubs atm
    Tbh I can't really fault my superhub at the moment (touch wood, fingers and toes crossed).

I did try it in modem only mode a few weeks back, but as my old d-link dir-635 doesn't have a gigabit port on it, my 100mb got slowed down from 12.2MB's per second to 10.05MB's

Also on the speed tests I couldn't get above 90Mb's

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh ive been using superhub as is and it works perfect, does everything i need it to do and any niggling issues it had with performance were fixed when the last update was released so good as gold here
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Just out of curiousity what fw is your modem on
    ta

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hardware Version 2.00
    Software Version V5.5.2R30

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    thanx mines the same

Title
    Thanks
    Mine was a pain in the #ss for a while until I disabled firewall,portscan detection and I.p flood detection in Content Filtering/Services whilst running V5.5.2R30.
    All seems ok now. Glad you got yours sorted!!