Based on Open PLi 2.0

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8205&d=1305890204

From VIX Team

Enigma: 21-07-2011.
Enigma Plugins: 21-07-2011.
GCC Version: 4.4.4.
Kernel Version: 2.6.18.
Drivers: 20110708.

If you wish to perform an online update, then you will be able to upgrade your v2.2 image to v2.2.1 via the online functions. This full image is available for those who do not have online functionality on their box, or wish to perform a full reflash...

Team ViX Enchancements

New Features

BackupManager - Lets you create scheduled backups of your system files (not full Image like Image Manager).
RestoreWizard - This a wizard that detects and restores you backup (created with BackupManager), with option to restore your extra plugins.
ImageManager - Major code rewrite, now handled by Job task, view progress of image creation in extension list (blue button)
ViX Menu - Added PackageManagement & Software Update, so SoftwareManager is now not needed. It is also now translatable into different languages.
NetworkInadyn - Add new network setup screen Inadyn.
OScam/CCam Info - Added options to show in Extension List. (the Menu item will now only show IF the softcam is installed).
OnlineVersionCheck - Added option to disable online check by setting check value to '0' and set a maximun timer to 48 hours.
Recording List - Added a new option in MovieList Settings to use a "Slim" list like the "Slim" Channel slection screen.
EPG Graphical - This is now in core, no longer a plugin (was ViXEPG), added the option to show Bouquets on launch.
EPG Menu - Add Load/Save item, this allow you reload/save the EPG cache.
E2-Plugin's - Updated all to plugin's to the latest GIT from PLi.
ZAP Timer - This will create a zap timer (rather than a recording timer) for the selected event in the EPG/Single EPG etc. To activate this, select the event from the EPG, and do a long button press on the record button. This is a non-configurable timer, so will use all defaults, and just set the record to a zap, rather than a record. When adding a zap timer, the clock icon will show on the previous event. This is to do with the pre-start timer.

Fixes

SwapManager - Code cleanup, for better activation/detecion.
About Screen - Updated infomation screen, better layout, more information. VFD now shows image version.
EPG Search - Fix a bug where the yellow button just opened a blank EPGSearch screen instead of actually perfoming a search on the current event. Also, added 'Show History' to long yellow button press whilst in EPGSearch.
EPG Cache - Updated so now it does not require 2 reboots in order to use new location.
EventView - Fix GS on opening Similar List.
Network Link State - fixed Vu+ machine network link state.
PluginBrowser - fix it not installing picons.
ShoutCast - Fixed plugin.
SoftcamManager - Add Timercheck for OScam to support no username or password in Webif, fix GS when pressing coloured buttons, if no softcams installed, also code clean up.
Translation - Updated NL language files.
Permantent TimeShift fix and embed PTS.
Updated KeyMap - Fixes a few MoviePlayer remote control issues.
ViX HD skin - PNG fix for selected items in lists, Tweaked the Jobview screen, 'New Online Version' icon now flashes to remind you of an update.
VIXEPG fix - The < > keys for jumping +/- 1 day.
NetworkBrowser - fix GS when creating CIFS mounts.
RemoteSetup fix GS when showCoolTVGuide is selected.

[B]Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red*** - Show current event.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - IMDB Database.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long Up/Down** - Open Simple TV List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.

** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Known Bugs

Second subtitles in AVI, MP4 etc often need a stepskip to enable them to show up.
Shoutcast has no genrelists and menu is not working.

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
PLi Team for their great base image and allowing us to use it.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
Coolman and all other developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image and DTT working

Screenshots

About Screen:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9444&d=1311258909

Backup Manager:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9438&d=1311258521

Backup Manager Settings:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9433&d=1311258515

Backup Manager File Selection:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9432&d=1311258514

Restore Wizard 1:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9441&d=1311258882

Restore Wizard 2:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9443&d=1311258885

Restore Wizard 3:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9442&d=1311258884

ViX Menu:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9440&d=1311258524

Inadyn Manager:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9437&d=1311258519

Inadyn Manager Settings:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9436&d=1311258518

EPG Menu:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9439&d=1311258523

Softcam Settings:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9434&d=1311258516

Downloads

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9741-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011

punisher
21-07-11, 21:32
another fantastic release, well done guys :D

forrest1066
21-07-11, 21:55
nice one VIX Team :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Prioryman
21-07-11, 22:35
First class guy's - feel another donation coming...... Thanks all.

Mr. Mister
22-07-11, 00:23
First class guy's - feel another donation coming...... Thanks all.

Thats for putting that idea in my head.. lol Better do it now before i forget.. lol

btw.. Great image guys.. Vix just keep going from strength to strength..

Very easy to install.. and everything went sweet..

just one thing.. No biggie.. I made a backup of my settings before i flashed new image.. but when it came to set up.. i was not asked to restore back up settings..

prolly something i done.. lol.. But as i say.. No biggie..

punisher
22-07-11, 00:26
what was the name of the backup settings in the backup manager?

Mr. Mister
22-07-11, 00:29
enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz

I think thats it..

punisher
22-07-11, 01:23
i think the reason why it didnt restore that is because it didnt recognise it. as it is a new way of doing the backup manager, the default name for the restore wizard to recognise would be something like this based on ur box

vuduo-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz

the other thing, you could have updated the image via the online software update instead of reflashing too

regarto
22-07-11, 08:48
A nice release as always . Thanks to devs.

Seems to be some odd issue regarding the tv and radio channellist. In fact im now not able to change to radio mode. The steps to reproduce the issue is as follows:
1. Change to radio mode using radio button
2. Open VIX Epg using epg button
3. Close VIX Epg using exit button. Now the mode automatically changes to tv and the first service in tv favourite list. Weird.
4. Pressing radio button attempting to resume radio mode but with no luck. The channellist is opened and with the heading "Radio bouquet" but all services in the list is tv services.

Mart
22-07-11, 09:05
Cheers VIX Team:):thumbsup:

Righthammer
22-07-11, 09:18
Hi guys,

Just updated to the new vix2.2.1 through online update ..having a few problems trying to change my wireless lan driver to the rt2870 driver.It wont let me remove the rt3070 driver giving me the following errors
*print_dependents warning : Package enigma2-plugin-wifi-rt3070 is dependent upon the packages :openvix-enigma2-image These might cease to work if package enigma2-plugin-wifi-rt3070 is removed .

I am unable to remove rt3070 and install rt2870. Any idea on how to fix this?

regarto
22-07-11, 09:33
A nice release as always . Thanks to devs.

Seems to be some odd issue regarding the tv and radio channellist. In fact im now not able to change to radio mode. The steps to reproduce the issue is as follows:
1. Change to radio mode using radio button
2. Open VIX Epg using epg button
3. Close VIX Epg using exit button. Now the mode automatically changes to tv and the first service in tv favourite list. Weird.
4. Pressing radio button attempting to resume radio mode but with no luck. The channellist is opened and with the heading "Radio bouquet" but all services in the list is tv services.
Did some more tests. It seems all working fine until the moment i change "Channel list service mode" from default to simple.

punisher
22-07-11, 10:34
Hi guys,

Just updated to the new vix2.2.1 through online update ..having a few problems trying to change my wireless lan driver to the rt2870 driver.It wont let me remove the rt3070 driver giving me the following errors
*print_dependents warning : Package enigma2-plugin-wifi-rt3070 is dependent upon the packages :openvix-enigma2-image These might cease to work if package enigma2-plugin-wifi-rt3070 is removed .

I am unable to remove rt3070 and install rt2870. Any idea on how to fix this?

Is the wireless stick plugged in at the of trying to remove the driver? If so then unplug the usb stick, reboit and then try removing it

punisher
22-07-11, 10:34
Did some more tests. It seems all working fine until the moment i change "Channel list service mode" from default to simple.

I will try and replicate and see if it happens here

Righthammer
22-07-11, 10:43
No - wireless stick has been removed but still can't uninstall driver. rt81871 seems to be installed also ..seems to have been installed as part of the online update.
Is the wireless stick plugged in at the of trying to remove the driver? If so then unplug the usb stick, reboit and then try removing it

punisher
22-07-11, 10:46
just try installing the other driver and see if ur stick works without removing the other ones, and then once ur wifi stick is online try removing the drivers you want then

also regarto did follow what u said and manage to replicate a slightly different issue whereby i got a GS lol so must be a bug somewhere so ive raised a ticket. just wait for andy to pick up and have a look

Sicilian
22-07-11, 10:53
No - wireless stick has been removed but still can't uninstall driver. rt81871 seems to be installed also ..seems to have been installed as part of the online update.

Use backup manager to backup your settings and perform a re-flash is all else fails.

bazeze
22-07-11, 10:55
Nice work lads.

Righthammer
22-07-11, 11:02
I did try to install the other wireless driver with rt3070 but got some conflict data error message about RT287OSTA.dat being already installed by the rt3070 firmware... Will wait for Andy to check.. I'm sure I could remove manually if I knew the files to be removed. :confused:

just try installing the other driver and see if ur stick works without removing the other ones, and then once ur wifi stick is online try removing the drivers you want then

also regarto did follow what u said and manage to replicate a slightly different issue whereby i got a GS lol so must be a bug somewhere so ive raised a ticket. just wait for andy to pick up and have a look

punisher
22-07-11, 11:06

right i just tested again as i think i got the GS due to not actually having a radio bouquet lol but i loaded a radio bouquet, changed Channel List Service Mode to Simple from standard and tried to enter and exit the vix epg and got no problems, still in radio mode. changed the channel list mode back to standard and tried again and still no problems

regarto
22-07-11, 11:30
right i just tested again as i think i got the GS due to not actually having a radio bouquet lol but i loaded a radio bouquet, changed Channel List Service Mode to Simple from standard and tried to enter and exit the vix epg and got no problems, still in radio mode. changed the channel list mode back to standard and tried again and still no problems
Shit. Did a clean install, a new channel search and build the bouquets from scratch and the issue is still present. Dont have a clue where to start investigate it.

punisher
22-07-11, 11:32
try a different ready made bouquet. i tried the sgtflipflip sky uk settings and that worked for me

regarto
22-07-11, 11:45
My bouquets.radio

#NAME Bouquets (Radio)
#SERVICE 1:7:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.radio" ORDER BY bouquet

My bouquets.tv

#NAME Bouquets (TV)
#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.favourites.tv" ORDER BY bouquet
#SERVICE 1:7:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET "userbouquet.LastScanned.tv" ORDER BY bouquet

My userbouquet.favourites.radio

#NAME Favourites (Radio)
#SERVICE 1:0:2:5DF:1C:56:300000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:2:5E0:1C:56:300000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:2:5E1:1C:56:300000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:2:76:31:46:E080000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:2:5F7:31:46:E080000:0:0:0:

My userbouquet.favourites.tv

#NAME Favourites (TV)
#SERVICE 1:0:1:40F:A:46:E080000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:DB1:1C:56:300000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:410:A:46:E080000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:411:A:46:E080000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1901:45:46:E080000:0:0:0:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:95:1:46:E080000:0:0:0:

When I press radio button the headline in channel list is "(Radio) Bouquets/Favourites (TV)".

punisher
22-07-11, 11:56
can you see ur radio bouquet with the radio channel list?

regarto
22-07-11, 12:12
can you see ur radio bouquet with the radio channel list?
Yes, if I press blue button when dispaying the channel list with headline "(Radio) Bouquets/Favourites (TV)". Im able to get the radio back if I then select one of the services in the radio channel list.
I have now figured out that all mess up if I open VIX Epg in radio mode. The services and events displayed in VIX Epg in radio mode is from the TV bouquet and not from radio as supposed.

punisher
22-07-11, 12:24
hmm i still cant replicate it. when i go to radio and press epg, it loads up the radio epg, if i hold down up/down on the d-pad that also brings up the radio channel list

punisher
22-07-11, 12:38
ok after messing about with it i have finally managed to replicate ur issue and its a strange one because one minute it works and the next it kicks me out to tv mode so ive let andy know

regarto
22-07-11, 12:57
ok after messing about with it i have finally managed to replicate ur issue and its a strange one because one minute it works and the next it kicks me out to tv mode so ive let andy know

Great. Thanks for your effort investigating it.

cbr900
22-07-11, 14:08
I am getting syntax error : unexpected "("

when installing cccam.

please help

Stanman
22-07-11, 14:09
Where are you getting the cccam file from? is it from the shared file posted elsehwere on this forum?
How are you installing it?

cbr900
22-07-11, 14:12
from
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images&p=45191&viewfull=1#post45191

and followed it.

punisher
22-07-11, 14:15
try downloading it from a different browser again and transfer via ftp and try installing again

Stanman
22-07-11, 14:16
can you state step by step what u did

cbr900
22-07-11, 14:21
I downloaded http://www.4shared.com/file/jUEod-Uz/enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam221_1.html using firfox 5.0

then, transfered it to my vu using filzilla

then, in my vu: vix menu>install local extenson> select cccam

then the syntax error message

cbr900
22-07-11, 14:29
It works....

I renamed the cccam file without (1) at the end which was added by firefox

cbr900
22-07-11, 14:45
how to make the left/right arrows change channels?

Stanman
22-07-11, 14:45
Glad its sorted mate.

cbr900
22-07-11, 14:58
how to make the left/right arrows change channels?

Stanman
22-07-11, 15:21
menu>settings>remote setup and quickEPG change it to long press OK

amspa
22-07-11, 16:44
I've just done an online update and have a small issue.

All of the new features and fixes appear to have been downloaded and installed properly. They are all available and work as they should. However, when I go into the Information screen it still reports that I'm running the previous 2.2.0 version rather than 2.2.1. Do you know why that might be?

Also, the 'Online update available' light is flashing to indicate that there's a new update there and yet when I run the online update tool nothing new is downloaded.

Apart from those 2 strange issues everything else with the new update is working fine.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Larry-G
22-07-11, 16:46
try updating via a telnet session with the commands
opkg update
opkg upgrade

allow both commands to fully run then issue the reboot command, see if that helps.

amspa
22-07-11, 17:00
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried that now but it's made no difference. The update light is still flashing and the info screen still says 2.2.0

It's no big problem of course. I've definitely got 2.2.1 installed (all the new features are available) and everything is working as it should it's just strange that it's reporting the wrong version number.

punisher
22-07-11, 17:01
the only thing i can think of it things dont work in the future i.e future updates dont work then you should just backup ur settings using the backup manager and just do a reflash and see if that sorts it out for ya

amspa
22-07-11, 17:17
OK. I think I'll leave it alone for now as it all seems to be working fine. I'll reflash it when the next update comes out.

Where does the Information screen pull the version number from? Is there a file somewhere that it's read from that I can check?

Alanp
22-07-11, 18:03
GS After online update to 2.2.100 (105 updates) see crash log attached did a hard reset all seems ok info reports as 2.2.100 installed

Richy-G
22-07-11, 18:27
does rewind using timeshift work for everyone? I've had skipping/jittering problem from quite a few releases back this new release is no different for me, could it be my harddrive needs formatted and box needs reflashed?

I have reflashed using usb last couple of releases the problem still persists though if it is working fine for everyone else only thing I can think of is the harddrive might need to be formatted (Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB)

punisher
22-07-11, 18:35
GS After online update to 2.2.100 (105 updates) see crash log attached did a hard reset all seems ok info reports as 2.2.100 installed

taking a quick look at the log looks like a skin error caused the crash

skin.SkinError: {Magic-HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic-HD-Common/logos/pli.png not found!

Also Richy-G timeshift and permanent timeshift working perfect here and have done throughout the beta and this final release. could possibly be your hdd

tuneboy2005
22-07-11, 19:08
Hi before i try this new image. When the new EPG data is downloaded does it require to reboot the VU+ to show EPG. I now use PLI and there i never have to reboot the box and it works perfect ( Rytec + xmltv import plugin). I also never put the box in deep standby.
Thanks

punisher
22-07-11, 19:16
no the epg downloads and loads up straight away using crossepg for me, i dont use rytec so not sure but i assume the same it should start to populate when u download it

DrProzac
22-07-11, 20:16
Ha Just downloaded the new Image and then saw you can do an online-update!

Oh well, how sill do I feel now.

Thanks for another great image :)

cbr900
23-07-11, 03:24
Can you list the steps for adding a bouqet to favourites...please

I can not find add bouqet

ToMaJo
23-07-11, 11:27

Looks also like something I encountered, see :

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9038-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2-11-06-2011-Discussion/page32

omega99
23-07-11, 13:04
I've just done an online update and have a small issue.

All of the new features and fixes appear to have been downloaded and installed properly. They are all available and work as they should. However, when I go into the Information screen it still reports that I'm running the previous 2.2.0 version rather than 2.2.1. Do you know why that might be?

Also, the 'Online update available' light is flashing to indicate that there's a new update there and yet when I run the online update tool nothing new is downloaded.

Apart from those 2 strange issues everything else with the new update is working fine.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have the same issue, everything else seems to work fine

Rob van der Does
23-07-11, 14:48
taking a quick look at the log looks like a skin error caused the crash

skin.SkinError: {Magic-HD/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic-HD-Common/logos/pli.png not found!
d
That error can only occur if an old, not updated version of Magic-HD is in use. If it is installed via the feeds, it should have been updated. I suggest you uninstall the skin, and install it again online.

redout
23-07-11, 15:31
There is still the same problem with changing channels in bouquets that also resided in 2.2.

If I go to bouquets and select a channel and then want to go to the next or previous channel in that bouquet I have to hit the down arrow and exit to make the ch+ and ch- buttons work for that bouquet.

If I do not do this this then the ch+ and ch- buttons will bring me to channels in the previous bouquet only.

punisher
23-07-11, 16:19
just tried on my solo exactly what u said and this problem doesnt exist and hasnt existed on my duo either

amspa
23-07-11, 17:00
There is still the same problem with changing channels in bouquets that also resided in 2.2.

I still get this problem too.

There's the same problem with the EPG too. If you go to bouquets and select a channel and then press the EPG button you get the channel list from the previous bouquet rather than the one that the current channel is in.

To get the current channel list to appear in the EPG I can press the TV button and then exit out from that. Pressing EPG again then shows the right list. It just looks like the 'CurrentBouquet' (or whatever it's called) variable isn't being set properly on when you change channel.

dymebox
23-07-11, 17:12
Hi Guys, I've just run this via Software Update. It reset my EPG, and although I have it back looking like normal, a behaviour seems slightly different.

When i press OK on a program in the EPG and the mini tv changes to that channel, if I then press exit to get rid of the EPG it reverts back to the previous channel.

I can only change permanently if I hold OK for a long hold.

Is this correct behaviour, or have I just got a setting wrong?

mickbrush
23-07-11, 17:18
Just upgraded from 1.2 to 2.2.1 looking good so far for me. I had been waiting for start at bouqets to be added its how our lass and the kids like it. Donation made.

andyblac
23-07-11, 17:31
Hi Guys, I've just run this via Software Update. It reset my EPG, and although I have it back looking like normal, a behaviour seems slightly different.

When i press OK on a program in the EPG and the mini tv changes to that channel, if I then press exit to get rid of the EPG it reverts back to the previous channel.

I can only change permanently if I hold OK for a long hold.

Is this correct behaviour, or have I just got a setting wrong?

thats is the channel preview feature, if you want to exit on the channel you are previewing just press OK again. or set the OK button to Zap and Exit (if you don't want to use channel preview)

Richy-G
23-07-11, 17:38
Also Richy-G timeshift and permanent timeshift working perfect here and have done throughout the beta and this final release. could possibly be your hdd

well I tried starting from scratch today flashed latest orig official image onto the box wiped the hard drive & initialized it again , flashed vix 2.2.100 over but I still get a jumpy/glitchy rewind on timeshift it must be my hdd at fault.

punisher
23-07-11, 17:40
it must be. have you got another hdd around to stick in and try?

redout
23-07-11, 17:54
just tried on my solo exactly what u said and this problem doesnt exist and hasnt existed on my duo either

I have 2 Duo's and experience the problem on both boxes and on both versions (2.2 & 2.2.1)

punisher
23-07-11, 18:01
i honestly couldn't tell ya redout. have you tried doing a new flash of the vix image (backup ur current one) and not restoring any settings and just download your epg and see if it works

psionguy
23-07-11, 18:08
I have just done an online update, and it worked perfectly. Everything is working 100%, including my Cccam. Quickest update yet, and a great image, well done Vix team :thumbsup:

Richy-G
23-07-11, 18:33
it must be. have you got another hdd around to stick in and try?

will get one sorted and report back on the issue

redout
23-07-11, 19:27
i honestly couldn't tell ya redout. have you tried doing a new flash of the vix image (backup ur current one) and not restoring any settings and just download your epg and see if it works

I'll give that a try later - Barça match about to begin :)

dymebox
23-07-11, 22:19
thats is the channel preview feature, if you want to exit on the channel you are previewing just press OK again. or set the OK button to Zap and Exit (if you don't want to use channel preview)

Thanks Pal.

Might be good to give the option to turn it off though. For example, if I hit OK once to see the channel in the mini TV and then keep scrolling to have a look around at other progs, I can't just press exit to view the channel i'm previewing - I have to scroll all the way back to it and press OK again. See what I mean?

Richy-G
24-07-11, 10:26
imdb not working for me "no imdb match" on everything I have tried so far, using cross epg / rytec uk XMLTV ticked and downloaded

epg stored @ /media/hdd/

punisher
24-07-11, 10:57
working for others that were having a problem before and working for me here too. try using crossepg/open tv sky uk. not sure whether that will make a difference and the fact my epg is stored on usb. but give it a try

andyblac
24-07-11, 11:26
well I tried starting from scratch today flashed latest orig official image onto the box wiped the hard drive & initialized it again , flashed vix 2.2.100 over but I still get a jumpy/glitchy rewind on timeshift it must be my hdd at fault.

this is normal, i have always had this on EVERY image using timeshift

t.ph
24-07-11, 12:01
Can someone please tell me what setting i'm missing as i'm tearing out what hair i have left trying to find this

On previous versions i would press the Arrow UP/Down & end up in bouquets/Favourites channel list (or whatever bouquet the current tuned channel is in)

All i'm getting at the moment is bouquets & then i have to select Favourites or a bouquet to see the channel list

andyblac
24-07-11, 12:11
Can someone please tell me what setting i'm missing as i'm tearing out what hair i have left trying to find this

On previous versions i would press the Arrow UP/Down & end up in bouquets/Favourites channel list (or whatever bouquet the current tuned channel is in)

All i'm getting at the moment is bouquets & then i have to select Favourites or a bouquet to see the channel list

the default channel list has not changed, but there is now an option to 'Always show bouquets' make sure you have not turn this on. check your customise options. in SETUP --> SYSTEM --> CUSTOMIZE

t.ph
24-07-11, 12:13
I knew it was going to be something simple
Cheers Andy

Richy-G
24-07-11, 13:33
working for others that were having a problem before and working for me here too. try using crossepg/open tv sky uk. not sure whether that will make a difference and the fact my epg is stored on usb. but give it a try

just tried tried open tv still shows no imdb match :(

this is normal, i have always had this on EVERY image using timeshift

ah that's good to hear was going to buy myself a new hdd lol

Stanman
24-07-11, 15:03
Can you try IMD search on resident evil on SKY premier - just tried it and it works fine.

Richy-G
24-07-11, 15:08
sky premier ? the last airbender showing at mo

edit: noticed res evil is on later , tried on both still no imdb match

Stanman
24-07-11, 15:17
Do you have any extra plugins installed? changed anything in the image?

Also what skin are you using?

Just done a IMDb search and this is the result

marty
24-07-11, 15:19
Without sounding a perv :) porncenter plugin doesn't work.

Richy-G
24-07-11, 15:24
Do you have any extra plugins installed? changed anything in the image?

Also what skin are you using?

Just done a IMDb search and this is the result

nothing else just done a fresh install yesterday and using default vix skin

Rob van der Does
24-07-11, 15:24
Without sounding a perv :) porncenter plugin doesn't work.It's better this way: you only need to use your imagination :eek:

A bug or a feature :p

Stanman
24-07-11, 16:07
Obviouse question but is the box connected to the net? try a network test and also see if you can see the download feed in the plugins menu.

Richy-G
24-07-11, 16:13
Obviouse question but is the box connected to the net? try a network test and also see if you can see the download feed in the plugins menu.

yep its connected network test all ticks.

been going through a number of films on the epg and I get a few results at times

e.g just tried on sky premier got 2 results for dinner for schmuks :
dinner for schmuks(2010)
dinner for schmuks : the men behind the mouseterpiece

I press yellow to view details but get : IMDb download failed

Alanp
24-07-11, 18:51
When i install an .ipk by FTP,ing to var/volatile/tmp once installed and the box restarted the .IPK file is no longer in the tmp folder, With VIX 2.2.100 the .IPK remains in the tmp folder is this the normal behaviour and I guess its ok to delete if required

Righthammer
25-07-11, 00:38
imdb not working for me "no imdb match" on everything I have tried so far, using cross epg / rytec uk XMLTV ticked and downloaded

epg stored @ /media/hdd/

Same for me .. the imdb plugin has not worked for me since 2.0
I have just reflashed 2.2.1 and still get "no imdb match" on everthing.:confused:

punisher
25-07-11, 01:00
No idea why that is as since 2.2.1 my imdb has worked no problem. This is just another shot in the dark but have you tried assigning yous ISP's DNS server address in the network/adapter settings/nameserver settings. Reboot and see if that works

Rob van der Does
25-07-11, 04:51
Recently the reason for IMDB not working, was related to several changes in the layout of the IMDB-site. The present IMDB-plugin has been adapted to these changes, and should work fine. That is: it works fine for me, and I have read many reports of users for whom it now works.
So If the plugin doesn't work for you, you should be looking for other reasons (such as the several suggestions made here).
Do other internet data dependent functions, work properly (i.e. the weather or meteo plugin)?

Richy-G
25-07-11, 07:27
No idea why that is as since 2.2.1 my imdb has worked no problem. This is just another shot in the dark but have you tried assigning yous ISP's DNS server address in the network/adapter settings/nameserver settings. Reboot and see if that works

I've tried sky's DNS address and also openDNS

using openDNS it now brings up search results for almost every film but not the actual details that always results in download failed.

Recently the reason for IMDB not working, was related to several changes in the layout of the IMDB-site. The present IMDB-plugin has been adapted to these changes, and should work fine. That is: it works fine for me, and I have read many reports of users for whom it now works.
So If the plugin doesn't work for you, you should be looking for other reasons (such as the several suggestions made here).
Do other internet data dependent functions, work properly (i.e. the weather or meteo plugin)?

googlemaps & applemovie trailers work , weather plugin didn't work for me as it didn't do anything when pressing menu button to set my location. meteoitalia shows temps etc

mghb
25-07-11, 12:56
I have a problem with subtitle player.I can't rewind subtitle in this vix's version.the botton left and right don't work.any idea?

redout
25-07-11, 14:12
Not sure if this is an image problem or something else.

Downloaded a bluray and ftp to hdd as avi but when I played it was lagging.

So I converted it to mpeg2 which plays but now I have no audio or to be precise I only have background audio (i.e. dogs barking, music etc) and not the actual actors speaking!

Any suggestions?

Rob van der Does
25-07-11, 15:03
weather plugin didn't work for me as it didn't do anything when pressing menu button to set my location. meteoitalia shows temps etcSo it looks like your image has not been fully updated: bothIMDB and Weather show errors that were there in the previous version, and are now solved.
Maybe an de-install, E2 restart and a new install might do the trick?

pege63
25-07-11, 15:16
When i update from 2.2.0 to 2.2.100 online after reboot i get green screan, and also when i update from USB stick with 2.2.100 same there, so wath is wrong?

ToMaJo
25-07-11, 15:19

If I go to bouquets and select a channel and then want to go to the next or previous channel in that bouquet I have to hit the down arrow and exit to make the ch+ and ch- buttons work for that bouquet.

If I do not do this this then the ch+ and ch- buttons will bring me to channels in the previous bouquet only.

Hi

See my solution in my article on :

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9038-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2-11-06-2011-Discussion/page32

andyblac
25-07-11, 15:39
update online

pege63
25-07-11, 15:56
When i update from 2.2.0 to 2.2.100 online after reboot i get green screan

andyblac
25-07-11, 16:02
When i update from 2.2.0 to 2.2.100 online after reboot i get green screan
did you submit a crash log if so what is the submit ref number ?

Alanp
25-07-11, 16:16
update online

Thanks Andy noticed the icon on the info bar nice touch

pege63
25-07-11, 16:55
did you submit a crash log if so what is the submit ref number ?

here it is

punisher
25-07-11, 16:56
the crash log should be in media/hdd and the debug logs are in hdd/home

pege63
25-07-11, 17:30
the crash log should be in media/hdd and the debug logs are in hdd/home

I dont have a HDD/HOME my home is in root at the HDD (0:/home/) and in that home i have a map root

punisher
25-07-11, 17:54
sorry yeh the debug logs are in home/root. but we need your crash logs from media/hdd

redout
25-07-11, 19:02
Hi

See my solution in my article on :

Cheers - that seem's to have done the trick.

My default was set to 'simple bouquet list'.

Richy-G
25-07-11, 19:57
So it looks like your image has not been fully updated: bothIMDB and Weather show errors that were there in the previous version, and are now solved.
Maybe an de-install, E2 restart and a new install might do the trick?

sorted now all is working fine thanks

punisher
25-07-11, 20:18
sorted now all is working fine thanks

what got it sorted for ya?

WOIIFTM
25-07-11, 20:41
Thanks Andy noticed the icon on the info bar nice touch
So that's why there's something green flickering on my info bar :eek: That'll teach me to update without reading the info on the new version :whistle:

OldSkulRide
25-07-11, 21:16
lol, flickering icon confused me too :D
Then i tried to update software and bingo, 31 packages :)

redout
25-07-11, 21:26
What does this circled icon indicate - keeps flashing non-stop.

punisher
25-07-11, 21:31
It tells u thers updates available online

redout
26-07-11, 00:30
Without going into too much detail for obvious reasons I have noticed that the CCcam info displayed in the info bar is not correct whenever a recording is in progress.

judge
26-07-11, 00:33
Just to confirm IMDB is working perfectly for me on latest image, hadn't worked on previous 1 or 2 VIX images.
Thanks guys, amazing Image as usual.

chrisjones
26-07-11, 06:06
Hello,
Thanks for this fantastic image, it works perfectly for me!
Just one question, how do you uninstall a soft cam ?
I installed cccam 2.1.4 works well ( through the link in this site)
I tried to upgrade to 2.2.1 but the msg shows some files were already installed by package 2.1.4
Hence searched how to uninstall 2.1.4 but option seem not to be present anymore

Also I would like to be able to have both cccam installed and then choose which I want to run as I had previously unstable 2.2.1.

Also in the softcam menu there is the info button activated, but I am sorry if I sound stupid what button is that on my remote? Sorry for such a stupid question

Thanks for your answers and congratulation for this nice image!!!

Sicilian
26-07-11, 06:30
I dont have a HDD/HOME my home is in root at the HDD (0:/home/) and in that home i have a map root

Will be in /media/hdd

pege63
26-07-11, 11:02
sorry yeh the debug logs are in home/root. but we need your crash logs from media/hdd

Here you have it:

pege63
26-07-11, 11:11
Will be in /media/hdd

I dont have a HOME there, my look like this:

pege63
26-07-11, 11:13
Will be in /media/hdd

I dont have a HOME there, my look like this:

punisher
26-07-11, 11:19
the crash logs are in that folder as you can see from the picture, but the debug logs are in home/root which is found on the root of your box and not in the media/hdd folder

pege63
26-07-11, 11:29
the crash logs are in that folder as you can see from the picture, but the debug logs are in home/root which is found on the root of your box and not in the media/hdd folder

Hmm,
Well there is nothing its empty.
I can do a nother update and see if there will be a file in it.
Its also strange after every update i have done i get evere time not the same amount of package.
some times i get 150, next time 101, nother time i get 126, and so on and so on not the same amout of package every update, from the same file i restore?

I just made a update i get 102 packages and then i reboot, then i crash again but still nothing in the folder.

And i did not even get a crash.log for today?
all is from yesterday?

punisher
26-07-11, 11:53
no you have to enable debug logs in Log Manager which is found in menu/setup/system/Logs/Settings.
Do you have any plugins or skins installed?

pege63
26-07-11, 12:01
no you have to enable debug logs in Log Manager which is found in menu/setup/system/Logs/Settings.
Do you have any plugins or skins installed?

Oki,
Now i have set the setting let me try again,
Yes i have enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.1.3_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk, enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguide_Coolman_V4.0.0_all.ipk, enigma2-plugin-extensions-cooltvguideskin_Coolman_V4.0_all.ipk, thats all.

punisher
26-07-11, 12:04
have you tried just using the default vix HD skin as im sure when i tried the coolman guide skin and coolman tv guide i was having loads of problems so im not sure whether that is whats causing your issue, but just to cancel out the problem can you backup ur settings via the backup manager and also backup your image. then do a reflash of the image and dont restore any settings when the restore wizard comes up after the flash. just do a clean install, install ur cccam and just use that and do the updates and see if that stops the crashes. if it doesnt then you can always go back and flash your backup image

pege63
26-07-11, 12:11
i have flashed first with VIX 2.2 then set the LOG settings as u said, the without installing any plugins, update i get 101 packages the it made a reboot, and crash again.
But still none crashlog and none in 0:/home/root/???
Thats so strange.:confused:

Larry-G
26-07-11, 12:15
i like punisher also tried coolmans plugins which gave me a lot of problems, id recommend trying again without those plugins or removing them completely.

punisher
26-07-11, 12:20
did you re-install those plugins again after you flashed vix 2.2.100 as it is the latest one?

pege63
26-07-11, 12:34
have you tried just using the default vix HD skin as im sure when i tried the coolman guide skin and coolman tv guide i was having loads of problems so im not sure whether that is whats causing your issue, but just to cancel out the problem can you backup ur settings via the backup manager and also backup your image. then do a reflash of the image and dont restore any settings when the restore wizard comes up after the flash. just do a clean install, install ur cccam and just use that and do the updates and see if that stops the crashes. if it doesnt then you can always go back and flash your backup image

I use allways default skin, i just made a new flash with VIX 2.2.0 and then a manage to update to VIX 2.2.105 and let do any changes at all, and it worked.
BUT the when i want to restore my backup setting it crash again, and it crach if i use DreamBoxEdit 3.0.0.3 and want to FTP my setting to the box.

So ot must be my settings that craches the BOX, why is that?
Do you have any sulotions on that?

Larry-G
26-07-11, 12:38
why are you flashing the box to 2.2.0 then updating ?. flash the box directly with 2.2.100 then update.

pege63
26-07-11, 12:47
why are you flashing the box to 2.2.0 then updating ?. flash the box directly with 2.2.100 then update.

Well i allready have the 2.2.0 on my USB, but i could update with 2.2.100 if i could but then i must go downstairs do my PC started it up bla bla bla, now i have my everything ready to use.

pege63
26-07-11, 12:54
Is the backup manager i VIX menu, for the settings?
Nothing happends when i want to make a restore of my settings?

punisher
26-07-11, 13:18
the backup manager backs up ur settings only and not the whole image. you need to backup via Image Manager if you want to backup your whole image. it seems a clean install works but there is something else that your trying to install or setup that is crashing your box, so you need to eliminate that and your setup should be fine. what settings are you trying to restore? dont restore them if they are causing problems. start again from the beginning and just load cccam that your use, then transfer your bouquets and see if that works. if it does then its something else that you are trying to restore that is causing a problem

pege63
26-07-11, 13:53
Oki now i am done and everything workes.
I FTP my chanellist to the box, i installed the plugins and at last worked again.
Thanks for all help every one

punisher
26-07-11, 13:55
good good glad you all sorted :D

redout
26-07-11, 13:56
Not sure if this is an image problem or something else.

Downloaded a bluray and ftp to hdd as avi but when I played it was lagging.

So I converted it to mpeg2 which plays but now I have no audio or to be precise I only have background audio (i.e. dogs barking, music etc) and not the actual actors speaking!

Any suggestions?

Following on from the above:

I have tried changing the audio of mpeg2 from 44khz to 48khz.

That didnt seem to work.

Noticed if I hit audio button and go into audio sync you can see MPEG1 Audio Layer 2 is selected.

I wonder can I change that? only thing is that messing with arrows doesnt seem to let me highlight it!

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/576/screenshot23up.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8137/screenshot24v.jpg

andyblac
26-07-11, 14:07
Following on from the above:

I have tried changing the audio of mpeg2 from 44khz to 48khz.

That didnt seem to work.

Noticed if I hit audio button and go into audio sync you can see MPEG1 Audio Layer 2 is selected.

I wonder can I change that? only thing is that messing with arrows doesnt seem to let me highlight it!

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/576/screenshot23up.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8137/screenshot24v.jpg

it looks like it is not detecting the audio format of the file correctly, try and save it a m2ts file with dolby AC3 or DTS, see if that works.

avi is an old format mkv is more supported than avi. you could try that as well.

satmanbasil
26-07-11, 14:12
Hello,
Thanks for this fantastic image, it works perfectly for me!
Just one question, how do you uninstall a soft cam ?
I installed cccam 2.1.4 works well ( through the link in this site)
I tried to upgrade to 2.2.1 but the msg shows some files were already installed by package 2.1.4
Hence searched how to uninstall 2.1.4 but option seem not to be present anymore

Also I would like to be able to have both cccam installed and then choose which I want to run as I had previously unstable 2.2.1.

Also in the softcam menu there is the info button activated, but I am sorry if I sound stupid what button is that on my remote? Sorry for such a stupid question

Thanks for your answers and congratulation for this nice image!!!

Hi mate
Ok to do the unistall delete via your FTP

Your find the Main CCcam file in user/softcams and your other Cccam files config etc in var/etc

To get your CCcam info press the blue button and select CCcam

regards
satmanbasil

punisher
26-07-11, 14:16
to use the info button in the softcam manager press the epg button on ur remote and that brings up the info.
also you can remove cccam from the method mentioned above or you could go into menu/plugins/red (remove plugins)/cams and remove the cam you want

psionguy
26-07-11, 15:32
After the initial smooth upgrade to Vix 2.1, it has all gone very wrong when I did the new updates today. Continual green loop, even tried to load my saved image using an usb stick, but the same problem. I have had to start from the beginning to get my VU+ working again. I am reluctant to do the upgrade until we can establish what the issue is.

Log ref 131168715

punisher
26-07-11, 15:33
can you post the log here to so i can see if thers something i can figure out, if not we will have to wait for devs to take a look

psionguy
26-07-11, 16:42
can you post the log here to so i can see if thers something i can figure out, if not we will have to wait for devs to take a look

Cant' seem to see the add file icon, only web link, images, and movies. Shall I PM it to you?

bassethound
26-07-11, 16:44
you need to use the Go Advanced button next to Post Quick Reply near the bottom right of the page:D

to post files :thumbsup:

psionguy
26-07-11, 16:53
Here it is.

Thanks for your taking your time to give it a look.

punisher
26-07-11, 17:01
it doesnt seem to like ur http port in webinterface

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 855, in startListening
CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:100: [Errno 125] Address already in use.

try this, try changing your http port in the webinterface plugin and then try doing the update. if not then you might have to backup ur settings via backup manager, also backup ur image via image manager and do a new flash of vix 2.2.100 (which is the latest on the forum here) and then do an online update and see if those steps fix it.

mghb
26-07-11, 17:02
hi
anybody know's in this version how I can rewind the subtitle in subtitle player?in the prevoius vix image with left and right key I could forward and rewind the subtitle.but in this image I can't

psionguy
26-07-11, 17:42
it doesnt seem to like ur http port in webinterface

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 855, in startListening
CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:100: [Errno 125] Address already in use.

try this, try changing your http port in the webinterface plugin and then try doing the update. if not then you might have to backup ur settings via backup manager, also backup ur image via image manager and do a new flash of vix 2.2.100 (which is the latest on the forum here) and then do an online update and see if those steps fix it.

Thanks Punisher that seems to have fixed the problem. I already had the current image as I could not get it to work either from Backup or image backup, so started again. Have changed the port and done a successful online update.

:thumbsup:

punisher
26-07-11, 17:45
glad u sorted mate, im not sure why that happens, its happened to me a few times so i just put random http port and it does the trick but aslong as u up and running :thumbsup: :D

andyblac
26-07-11, 18:14
After the initial smooth upgrade to Vix 2.1, it has all gone very wrong when I did the new updates today. Continual green loop, even tried to load my saved image using an usb stick, but the same problem. I have had to start from the beginning to get my VU+ working again. I am reluctant to do the upgrade until we can establish what the issue is.

Log ref 131168715

that ref does not exist, are you shire it is the REF: given by the screen and not your file name.

EDIT: i see punisher has gotten you working, good job punisher :thumbsup:

chrisjones
26-07-11, 21:22
Did anyone managed to change position of permanent clock plugin to left or right corner ? In the 2.1 it still worked... in 2.2.1 it seem to be stuck in the upper middle of the screen
I use the default skin and in system/permanent clock i select change position. Then no key on the remote allow me to change the position...the clock doesn't move a bit.
Any clue ?
Thank you!!

andyblac
26-07-11, 23:34
Did anyone managed to change position of permanent clock plugin to left or right corner ? In the 2.1 it still worked... in 2.2.1 it seem to be stuck in the upper middle of the screen
I use the default skin and in system/permanent clock i select change position. Then no key on the remote allow me to change the position...the clock doesn't move a bit.
Any clue ?
Thank you!!
bug found, update coming soon.

Doreblade
27-07-11, 19:34
Don't know whether it's just me but I'm certain I used to be able to use the '0' button to toggle between the current channel and the previous channel, doesn't seem to be working on this new version.

Any thoughts, have I a missed a set-up option somewhere? I do have the panic button option set to 'no' in the 'customize' set-up panel.

punisher
27-07-11, 19:39
use the < and > to toggle between previous and current channels u have visited

Stanman
27-07-11, 22:08
O is the panic button and will wipe your channel history;);), As punisher said its < > arrows to move back and forth for the channel.

Foxylady
28-07-11, 12:36
In the updates, i noticed when playing from record program press play and ok, then pause and when i click pause to play it again or press play button it goes back to the media file menu insted of continuing from last pause, it plays from beginning of file for approx 1-2 secs then continues where i last paused.
This was corrected in last image but seems to be back.
In last image i pressed pause and it pauses, then press play and it plays no issues from last pause.
Can this be corrected.
Thanks

andyblac
28-07-11, 14:48
In the updates, i noticed when playing from record program press play and ok, then pause and when i click pause to play it again or press play button it goes back to the media file menu insted of continuing from last pause, it plays from beginning of file for approx 1-2 secs then continues where i last paused.
This was corrected in last image but seems to be back.
In last image i pressed pause and it pauses, then press play and it plays no issues from last pause.
Can this be corrected.
Thanks
sorry don't fully understand

dymebox
28-07-11, 16:01
Just noticed there was another software update... what are the changes Andy? I updated hoping to be able to turn off the channel preview in the EPG, alas... :p

killz187
28-07-11, 17:49
Thanks for the new image guys,just wanted to find out about backup manager its not showing the date when backup was done.Before on other images if i backed up it you read as follows
2011-07-15-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz now its only showing
Vuduo-enigam2settingsbackup.targz are do i set it so it shows date of backup?

zola25
28-07-11, 18:08
Sorry guys i am being totaly dense today i have changed this setting loads of times but today i just cant find it.
How do i change it so the arrow keys change the channel straight away

Foxylady
28-07-11, 18:55
Andy i will film it later for you bud and give you link via pm if ok fella.
I had a feeling it would not make sense lol

zola25
28-07-11, 20:28
Found it :) it was here menu/setup/system/remote

saeedn52
28-07-11, 21:52
in new version can not change subtitle position also imposible to forward or rewind subtitle
its work only in version 2.1
sorry for vix i like vix but for this problems i go to pli :(

Doreblade
28-07-11, 22:29
Hi All

Think I've I've come across a bug - while watching a recording off my HDD, if an timer starts or stops during my viewing, I get a greenscreen crash.

I'm currently using VIX 2.2.105 and my crash logs should hopefully be attached. The ones tonight will probably be most the useful

Be warned I'm no programmer (I lie, I still work with COBOL for one of our high street banks lol) so if you need me to do anything you may have to lead me on hand in hand..

Doreblade
28-07-11, 22:30
Oddly after enigma restarts itself the timer continues to run and records the program I want but crashes again at the end of the timer

dmgp
28-07-11, 22:54
When I did the previous update it hung for quie a time on 'busybox' this time I had the vix spinner for ages on enigma 2. I am now showing version 2.2.106 (after 29updates I think it was )dated 27.7.11. Can I assume all is well? I didn't get any green screen.

dilly1066
29-07-11, 00:17
hi, had a few green screens and dont understand crashlogs so thought it be best to post them for the experts to look at,
thansk again for a great image9617

andyblac
29-07-11, 01:21
Thanks for the new image guys,just wanted to find out about backup manager its not showing the date when backup was done.Before on other images if i backed up it you read as follows
Vuduo-enigam2settingsbackup.targz are do i set it so it shows date of backup?

that is correct, if you create a backup tomorrow, todays backup will then the the date added, the current backup is the one without the date, this is needed to he restore wizard :).

andyblac
29-07-11, 01:23
Sorry guys i am being totaly dense today i have changed this setting loads of times but today i just cant find it.
How do i change it so the arrow keys change the channel straight away

SETUP -- SYSTEM -- REMOTE SETUP, then set QuickEPG to Long OK (or anything other than Left/Right)

andyblac
29-07-11, 01:24
in new version can not change subtitle position also imposible to forward or rewind subtitle
its work only in version 2.1
sorry for vix i like vix but for this problems i go to pli :(

crash LOG ?

andyblac
29-07-11, 01:32
Hi All

Think I've I've come across a bug - while watching a recording off my HDD, if an timer starts or stops during my viewing, I get a greenscreen crash.

I'm currently using VIX 2.2.105 and my crash logs should hopefully be attached. The ones tonight will probably be most the useful

Be warned I'm no programmer (I lie, I still work with COBOL for one of our high street banks lol) so if you need me to do anything you may have to lead me on hand in hand..

thanks, i think i found it, i'll push update soon, for you to test in will be in 2.2.107

andyblac
29-07-11, 01:39
When I did the previous update it hung for quie a time on 'busybox' this time I had the vix spinner for ages on enigma 2. I am now showing version 2.2.106 (after 29updates I think it was )dated 27.7.11. Can I assume all is well? I didn't get any green screen.

sometimes it can take a while as it does some house cleaning, on a update. :)

andyblac
29-07-11, 01:45
hi, had a few green screens and dont understand crashlogs so thought it be best to post them for the experts to look at,
thansk again for a great image9617

can you give me more info, like what you where doing at the time.

Rob van der Does
29-07-11, 04:33
Vuduo-enigam2settingsbackup.targz are do i set it so it shows date of backup?Vuduo-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz is always the latest; on making a new backup, the last one is renamed (such as 2011-07-15-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz) showing the original date the backup was made, and the new one is again enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz

I Agree with you that it would be a nice feature if also the latest would be able to show it's date, if it were only by pushing "Info".

regarto
29-07-11, 09:47
To dev:

Seems to be some odd issue regarding the slim channel list occuring when switching between tv and radio mode. The steps to reproduce the issue is as follows:
1. In settings change the "Channel list service mode" from default to simple
2. Change to radio mode using radio button
3. Open channel list using arrow up or down and then close using exit button
4. Open VIX Epg using epg button
5. Close VIX Epg using exit button. Now the mode automatically changes to tv and the first service in tv favourite list. Weird.
6. Pressing radio button attempting to resume radio mode but with no luck. The channel list is opened and with the heading "Radio bouquet" but all services in the list is tv services.

My guess is that slim channel list was supposed to behave similar the default channel list with different layout but it seems not. I would be appreciated if andyblac has time to take a look.

dfdream
29-07-11, 19:42
All,

I just noticed this by mistake.
When Playing back a recording if you keep the OK button pressed for around 10 secs I get a green screen...

I have the basic image all the latest updates.

I have quickEPG mode set to with long ok press.

Crashlog attached.

D

t.ph
29-07-11, 19:51
All,

When Playing back a recording if you keep the OK button pressed for around 10 secs I get a green screen...

Crashlog attached.

D

Looks like you have found a way to break it then!
I have never been able to watch a recording & view EPG at the same time

fintannl
29-07-11, 23:00
question. i look at my web interface with oscam 4863 as supplied by the cams download. so i can see users using channels. however it has never been the case that oscaminfo on vix actually shows a service name when you check oscam clients?

andyblac
30-07-11, 01:26
All,

Crashlog attached.

D

andy

Stanman
30-07-11, 09:54
question. i look at my web interface with oscam 4863 as supplied by the cams download. so i can see users using channels. however it has never been the case that oscaminfo on vix actually shows a service name when you check oscam clients?
hmmmm rules mate LAN or WLAN

someuser08
30-07-11, 17:01
How would one scroll through the bouquets once Ch +/ Ch - is pressed to bring up the current bouquet (I got setting set for that) - its just acts like up/down channel selection instead of scrolling through bouquets :confused:

chrisjones
30-07-11, 17:05
bug found, update coming soon.
Thank you! did online update and worked like a charm. Thanks so much for such a great support

pooface
30-07-11, 21:00

Isn't there an oscam.channelinfo that is used to give u that info?!

Sent with Tapatalk

WOIIFTM
31-07-11, 01:23
Just updated to V2.2.107 and I'm getting errors using the webinterface and communicating to my Vu+ DUO with iDreamX (I'm on OSX).

Web interface: starting up an error "request failed for: web/deviceinfo * Status: 500 Internal Server Error"
iDreamX: "Dreambox not found! Check IP/Port (Is a Web Interface installed on that box?"

Both in the web interface and iDreamX everything seems to work, except that I cannot Telnet via iDreamX. I checked, Telnet is active on the box.

Any way to fix this or should I go back to (my backup copy of) V2.2.106?

Oh, and for the last couple of VIX versions my Vu+ Duo shows up as DM500HD in iDreamX's box model, it used to be DM8000. :cool:

andyblac
31-07-11, 01:24
How would one scroll through the bouquets once Ch +/ Ch - is pressed to bring up the current bouquet (I got setting set for that) - its just acts like up/down channel selection instead of scrolling through bouquets :confused:

i'll add that option into 2.2.108

andyblac
31-07-11, 01:34
Just updated to V2.2.107 and I'm getting errors using the webinterface and communicating to my Vu+ DUO with iDreamX (I'm on OSX).

Web interface: starting up an error "request failed for: web/deviceinfo * Status: 500 Internal Server Error"
iDreamX: "Dreambox not found! Check IP/Port (Is a Web Interface installed on that box?"

Both in the web interface and iDreamX everything seems to work, except that I cannot Telnet via iDreamX. I checked, Telnet is active on the box.

Any way to fix this or should I go back to (my backup copy of) V2.2.106?

will be fixed in 2.2.108

, and for the last couple of VIX versions my Vu+ Duo shows up as DM500HD in iDreamX's box model, it used to be DM8000. :cool:

this is made by vu drivers

killz187
31-07-11, 09:07
Happy with the the version 2.2.107 and want to update my box once a month using online update is there a way to disable the flashing light when they is a new update?or disable version update?so i do it once a month.

punisher
31-07-11, 11:36
If u go into menu/setup/system/customize the settinf for update check can be disabled there

OldSkulRide
01-08-11, 11:50
You probably now this, but what a heck, i will report anyway. In webinterface there is dreambox remote instead of VU+ remote. Any BTW, i will soon send you slovenian translation. My file can be used on openpli and on VIX, i added strings from both images.

Sicilian
01-08-11, 11:52
You probably now this, but what a heck, i will report anyway. In webinterface there is dreambox remote instead of VU+ remote.

What version are you on? In about screen?

andyblac
01-08-11, 11:55
You probably now this, but what a heck, i will report anyway. In webinterface there is dreambox remote instead of VU+ remote. Any BTW, i will soon send you slovenian translation. My file can be used on openpli and on VIX, i added strings from both images.

our file are different to PLi. we have LOADS more in ours.

pm me your email address and i'll end you the new files.

OldSkulRide
01-08-11, 12:06
i have latest 2.2.107. I think problems started with latest update ;)

I received your files andyblac. I added VIX strings to my translation file that i made for openpli. It works ok, i am testing it all the time /share/enigma2/po/sl/ :D

andyblac
01-08-11, 12:26
i have latest 2.2.107. I think problems started with latest update ;)

I received your files andyblac. I added VIX strings to my translation file that i made for openpli. It works ok, i am testing it all the time /share/enigma2/po/sl/ :D

no mate i got new files, they are changing daily, atm as PLi have load of stuff missing in there image for translations.

Alanp
01-08-11, 14:11
What version are you on? In about screen?

Also noticed this on VIX 2.2.107 (web remote being the drembox version)

redout
01-08-11, 15:54

Aye, the latest online update done that.

I have 2 Duo's an updated one yesterday which now has the dreambox remote whilst the unupdated one running the previous version has a Duo remote.

andyblac
01-08-11, 17:25
Aye, the latest online update done that.

I have 2 Duo's an updated one yesterday which now has the dreambox remote whilst the unupdated one running the previous version has a Duo remote.

have tried other images, maybe it is in your cache, it is fine here anyone else?

Alanp
01-08-11, 17:46
have tried other images, maybe it is in your cache, it is fine here anyone else?

Andy also done a fresh flash of VIX 2.2.100 on a friends new duo then done the online update, using the web interface also brings up the dreambox remote. Is there a way to resolve this Thanks

OldSkulRide
01-08-11, 17:55
when i start webinterface i get this error: Error Parsing EPG: TypeError: xml.getElementsByTagName("e2eventlist").item(0) is null

Rob van der Does
01-08-11, 18:05
have tried other images, maybe it is in your cache, it is fine here anyone else?No, fine here. I know the browser cache has a habit of fooling you with this phenomenon. Try using an other browser or an other IP.

OldSkulRide
01-08-11, 18:18
iam getting same problem on different browser

Request failed for: /web/deviceinfo

I also get this error...

andyblac
01-08-11, 18:43
iam getting same problem on different browser

Request failed for: /web/deviceinfo

I also get this error...

hmm, let me ref lash with public and update

dfdream
01-08-11, 19:11
All,

This green screen happened a few times when I would try to open the positioner setup page.

D

GiP
01-08-11, 21:18

Yes, I got the same Dream remote, I have no idea why. I run 2.2.107 on a Duo and I don't remember seeing that remote before. I cleared the cache and tried another update (0 packs) but still the Dream remote pops up.

G

Rob van der Does
02-08-11, 06:40
No, fine here. I know the browser cache has a habit of fooling you with this phenomenon. Try using an other browser or an other IP.
You're quite right: the DUO now has indeed the Dream web R/C.
I was fooled by the browser's cache, that still had the correct one.........

ToMaJo
02-08-11, 09:29
Hi

First I want to thank the ViX team for their great image and great support !!!

Just noticed with the latest few versions that, when using the ViX_HD skin in the select a movie menu, with 9 out of 10 files you don't see the extra info underneath the picture on the right side. When using the Kerni-HD1R2 skin all the info which was originally recorded in the .eit file is there.

It's not a big deal but I like this option.

someuser08
03-08-11, 08:32
i'll add that option into 2.2.108

Will be much appreciated, thanks!

andyblac
03-08-11, 12:33
Hi

Just noticed with the latest few versions that, when using the ViX_HD skin in the select a movie menu, with 9 out of 10 files you don't see the extra info underneath the picture on the right side. When using the Kerni-HD1R2 skin all the info which was originally recorded in the .eit file is there.

hmm strange i have not seen this issue anyone else ?

tomcoleman
03-08-11, 14:44
nice 1:cool:

punisher
03-08-11, 15:04
Na no issues here on that matter

regarto
03-08-11, 15:41
Thanks for the update release today. This did fix the simple channel list in radio mode. Great.

By the way I recommend to change the size of widget name="list" from size="503,390" to size="503,392" in SlimChannelSelection section in VIX_HD skin. This is because its not possible to select the last entry in each window.

someuser08
03-08-11, 22:52
Just upgraded to version 109 and good to see option to bring up bouquet selection on ch+/-, but is there a way to scroll through them (bouquets, not channels) once you went into a particular bouquet without going back to the overall list? It used to be the default behaviour long time ago in VIX 1.x and now I can't simulate that without multiquick button plugin (and even that behaves weird for me recently in any 2.2.x). Thanks.

dilly1066
03-08-11, 23:33
can you give me more info, like what you where doing at the time.

hiya, sorry for late reply, it always happens when im using the left and right buttons while watching a channel, the now and next bit, i can press right about 6 to 8 times and thats when it always green screens, thanks

andyblac
04-08-11, 01:35
hiya, sorry for late reply, it always happens when im using the left and right buttons while watching a channel, the now and next bit, i can press right about 6 to 8 times and thats when it always green screens, thanks

you are view QuickEPG with Left/Right th crash might du to no EPG data found on the channel

ToMaJo
04-08-11, 10:21
Originally Posted by ToMaJo View Post
Hi

hmm strange i have not seen this issue anyone else ?

Thanks for your reply.

I have this "problem" on both of my VU+Duo's, one is updated by internet from version 2.2.0 in steps to 2.2.109 and the second one is a fresh install from version 2.2.1 and updated to 2.2.109. Besides CCcam and the Kerni-HD1R2 skin I do not have any extra's installed and no swapfile in use.

The strange thing is that there are files which are shown with the extra info, most files without, and some files also without the channel name.
I tried to compare these files for differences but found nothing. With the Kerni-HD1R2 skin everything works fine......

andyblac
04-08-11, 12:27
Originally Posted by ToMaJo View Post
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have this "problem" on both of my VU+Duo's, one is updated by internet from version 2.2.0 in steps to 2.2.109 and the second one is a fresh install from version 2.2.1 and updated to 2.2.109. Besides CCcam and the Kerni-HD1R2 skin I do not have any extra's installed and no swapfile in use.

The strange thing is that there are files which are shown with the extra info, most files without, and some files also without the channel name.
I tried to compare these files for differences but found nothing. With the Kerni-HD1R2 skin everything works fine......

i have added some code to deal with this hopefully for 2.2.110

cti
05-08-11, 17:38
Hi,

first: many thanks to the vix team for the great image and your hard work.

Starting (probably) with image 2.2.100 my box (running image
2.2.109) crashes (reproducible) after having done a recording
from deep standby when trying to shutdown again.

Crash log is attached.

banie01
05-08-11, 18:36
Just had a few crashes when trying to use Satfinder on the latest 2.2.109?
I've forwarded the logs and the ref number is 1312565565.81 for the submission.
Anyone else had a similar problem?

andyblac
05-08-11, 19:18
Just had a few crashes when trying to use Satfinder on the latest 2.2.109?
I've forwarded the logs and the ref number is 1312565565.81 for the submission.
Anyone else had a similar problem?

yeah fix coming in 2.2.110 :)

andyblac
05-08-11, 19:19
Hi,

first: many thanks to the vix team for the great image and your hard work.

Starting (probably) with image 2.2.100 my box (running image
2.2.109) crashes (reproducible) after having done a recording
from deep standby when trying to shutdown again.

Crash log is attached.

thanks, fix coming 2.2.110

killz187
05-08-11, 22:56
thanks, fix coming 2.2.110

Thanks for the great work Andyblac and team any chance you can check for us My tubeplayer plug in it wont play any videos now it comes up with "Sorry, video is not available". im using Vix 2.2.109,when i had Vix 2.1 it used to play videos fine.thanks

andyblac
05-08-11, 23:04
Thanks for the great work Andyblac and team any chance you can check for us My tubeplayer plug in it wont play any videos now it comes up with "Sorry, video is not available". im using Vix 2.2.109,when i had Vix 2.1 it used to play videos fine.thanks

i'll take a look at the plugin for you, i do not use it, but i have a look,

Rob van der Does
06-08-11, 06:03
Thanks for the great work Andyblac and team any chance you can check for us My tubeplayer plug in it wont play any videos now it comes up with "Sorry, video is not available". im using Vix 2.2.109,when i had Vix 2.1 it used to play videos fine.thanksLooks like the plugin will have to be adapted to a changed world (see also this thread (http://www.pli-images.org/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=66&thread_id=19241&pid=209000#post_209000))

sjaddy
07-08-11, 09:17
have been getting a consistent crash in this release. I set up a cron job to reboot (just to test how it worked). That is the only cron job I have but whenever i go to delete it I get green screen crash. I have the crash log but not sure where you would like me to post it.

Rob van der Does
07-08-11, 09:27
Just post it here please.

sjaddy
07-08-11, 14:34
here is the crash log as requested

I also emailed it to the support email address so hopefully it is in 2 places now. Am sure it is me being silly but hope it can be fixed.

Trial
07-08-11, 20:44
Hi,
since around one week my Duo with latest VIX updates reacts quite laggy:-( I just looked at top and enigma2 always has at least 20-25% of CPU usage. Is this normal?

ciao

Rob van der Does
07-08-11, 21:04
During live-TV, zap, entering movielist, playback or......?

Trial
08-08-11, 07:24
Hi VUPlus NL,
when I zap it takes 3-4 seconds which is more then double the normal time. But also in the channel list when I want to go up or down one channel it take 1-2 seconds for the cursor to move. When I am in a plugin it seems to be normal. I was in teletext for a while and there I did not notice anny lag.

I started for me I think 2-3 weeks ago. A short test on my UNO showed a similar effect.

And another think. My box freezed several times with a permanent spinning spinner.

ciao

punisher
08-08-11, 07:38
do you have picons setup? if so where have you stored them?

Rob van der Does
08-08-11, 08:07
Hmm, don't notice that here.
Is zapping on FTA-channels also slow?

paul362
08-08-11, 09:18
Dont know whats going on but i updated the other day (30 updates completed to vix 2.2 online) and now i have noticed that Cross EPG has stopped working ?? it gets an error when trying to download ?? any help would be appreciated..:thumbsup:

Trial
08-08-11, 20:26
Hi,
I have PIcons in flash. Lags also in FTA. As I said also lags while scrolling through the channel list. It takes around 2 seconds before the cursor moves.

ciao

punisher
08-08-11, 20:29
i'd take the picons outa flash and stick em onto a usb stick

punisher
08-08-11, 20:30
Dont know whats going on but i updated the other day (30 updates completed to vix 2.2 online) and now i have noticed that Cross EPG has stopped working ?? it gets an error when trying to download ?? any help would be appreciated..:thumbsup:

what version of vix are you on now? theres been more updates i think . just try doing another software update and see if you get any more updates

omega99
09-08-11, 12:35
i'd take the picons outa flash and stick em onto a usb stick

I would run mine from USB if I had a rear port left, running from HDD - sometimes get a delay when the HDD has to wake up(LOL poor bugger)

punisher
09-08-11, 12:42
yeh thats the only downside to having it on hdd, has to spin up everytime u change channel. you should get a usb hub or use the usb at the front of the box if you want :p

Rob van der Does
09-08-11, 12:56
yeh thats the only downside to having it on hdd, has to spin up everytime u change channel. you should get a usb hub or use the usb at the front of the box if you want :p
No idea what the advantage of an USB-location over a flash-location would be. Flash is fast and there's plenty of it!

punisher
09-08-11, 13:02
true but you just hear aal sortsa roumers about flash bein degraded etc etc but its just old habbits .. usb works good too :p

Stanman
09-08-11, 13:31
true but you just hear aal sortsa roumers about flash bein degraded etc etc but its just old habbits .. usb works good too :p

That is the case as Andy has posted quite a few times about keeping write to flash to a minimum as it degrades with constant writing to it for picons etc

Rob van der Does
09-08-11, 14:07
That is the case as Andy has posted quite a few times about keeping write to flash to a minimum as it degrades with constant writing to it for picons etc
Well, first of all that is a somewhat old-fashioned point of view. Flash is quite good these days.
And secondly: using picons is about reading, not about writing.

Trial
10-08-11, 07:18
Hi,
yesterday I also tried OpenPLI 2.1 nightly and it was also rather slow on my DUO. I also tested PB and DH and they had other problems but were faster. So I think that one of my plugins is running wild somehow.

ciao

andyblac
10-08-11, 08:56
Well, first of all that is a somewhat old-fashioned point of view. Flash is quite good these days.
And secondly: using picons is about reading, not about writing.

not true, ANY flash based memory has a maximum number of times the cell and be written to, (the cheaper the NAND, the less number of times it can be written). just look at SSD, they are designed for system boot drives and not storage.

it is true they are getting better but i would say that the STB manufactures use the cheapest NAND possible to keep production costs down, this is why that some (almost ALL) stb NAND's have bad cells in there NAND, EVERY box i own has bad cells, (just take a look at the message log file after a boot up).

as for picons, writing small files to a NAND takes more space than the file it self, (4k blocks) if the pcion is less than 4k it will still use 4k to store the file eating up the storage space quickly as they can be 1,000's of files.

my personal recommendation is if you only don't change them often it should be fine to use them, but if you are constantly changing or swapping your images about try to keep writes to a minimum, and use a usb stick or HDD,

i personally have a 1TB 2.5" HDD inside my ET9000 and store them there, the spin-up time is quick and heat saving is a lot better than a 3.5".

but it is your box do what you want ;)

andy.

tomcoleman
11-08-11, 11:55
when i was on version 2.0/2.1

i coudl change the channel up and downby simple pushing +/- on the remote.

now on 2.2.100 when i push +/- it doesnt go to the next channel in the boquet im in instead it seems to change another bouqet

for example i have 2 bouquests 1 called movies (all movie channels in there) another called regular TV (all BBC channels in there)

if im watching a movie channel and push +/- it will go to the next channel in the regular channel list and not the next movie channel

can anyone help as its annoying.

andyblac
11-08-11, 11:59

now on 2.2.100 when i push +/- it doesnt go to the next channel in the boquet im in instead it seems to change another bouqet

for example i have 2 bouquests 1 called movies (all movie channels in there) another called regular TV (all BBC channels in there)

if im watching a movie channel and push +/- it will go to the next channel in the regular channel list and not the next movie channel

try to update 2.2.100 is quite old (the current is 2.2.108)

GiP
11-08-11, 13:34
Hi, andy

I noticed that the PIP has disappeared from the Blue menu when viewing a recording, is there a technical reason for this or is it just an oversight? It was useful when waiting for something to start...

G

andyblac
11-08-11, 15:36
Hi, andy

I noticed that the PIP has disappeared from the Blue menu when viewing a recording, is there a technical reason for this or is it just an oversight? It was useful when waiting for something to start...

G

yes, atm it is not compatible i am working on adding full PIP with zapping to movie player but i have been working on getting 2.3 stable.

i am about to release 2.2.110 but this will be the last 2.2 update.

2.3 will be based on Pli 2.1, then once i am happy with it being stable enough i will go back to adding / fixing new stuff :)

redout
11-08-11, 19:52

Menu/setup/system/button setup/tv button mode = channel list

Also in same menu try changing 'Channel +/- button mode to 'just change channels'

tomcoleman
12-08-11, 09:14
Menu/setup/system/button setup/tv button mode = channel list

Also in same menu try changing 'Channel +/- button mode to 'just change channels'

think i tried this when i push +/- it brings up the list of channels.

i just want it to go to the next one in the list like it did before.

redout
12-08-11, 13:02
think i tried this when i push +/- it brings up the list of channels.

i just want it to go to the next one in the list like it did before.

Follow the instruction.

First part will make channel list appear when you hit tv button.

Second part will allow next and previous channel in bouquet when hitting ch+ and ch-.

Mine is setup as so and functions.

Alanp
13-08-11, 10:11
Got a greeen screen with VIX 2.2.110 using the new feature in image manager (pressing help) so you can download an image from the WOS server, or is it the case that this feature will only work in VIX 2.3 crash log attached.

Alanp
13-08-11, 10:13
Dont know if anyone else is seeing this but my picture in picture no longer works VIX 2.2.110

Alanp
13-08-11, 12:58
Dont know if anyone else is seeing this but my picture in picture no longer works VIX 2.2.110

Rebooted box now working fine ?

andyblac
13-08-11, 15:53
Got a greeen screen with VIX 2.2.110 using the new feature in image manager (pressing help) so you can download an image from the WOS server, or is it the case that this feature will only work in VIX 2.3 crash log attached.

should be fixed

Alanp
13-08-11, 17:41
Confirmed working now Thanks Andy

ToMaJo
15-08-11, 09:21
i have added some code to deal with this hopefully for 2.2.110

Hi Andy

Since the latest update (2.2.110) this function works much better but still not 100 %

There also seems a difference between scanning the local HD and scanning the HD in the 2nd (identical) box.

Anyway, I'm glad the problem is solved for 95 %

Thank's for your efforts and keep up the good work !!!

yvessr
17-08-11, 18:24
I tried to use the OscamInfo plugin without any success !!!... The program opens normally, but when I try to retrieve clients/servers info I just got an error message 'Timed Out'; also when I try to read the my oscam info on my computer from webif that returns me an error message Error 404: Not Found !
any help ??? :confused:

ps. I just walked over from VTI 3.0 to VIX 2.2.100 using exactly the same oscam files ; both info screens worked 100%...