PDA

View Full Version : Massive trouble getting vu solo set up please help!

Rapid Devil
26-05-11, 22:15
ok guys. I know you get a million of these kinda posts but let me just give you some background. clearly i'm not a techie although im decent with the basics of computers. i've spent days and days (literally) of reading stickys, guides etc but cannot figure out why i'm having some of the problems i'm getting. in fact so much reading that guys like sicilian and silverfox have become my hero's in the fast few weeks lol and i've never spoke to you! i think pooface and punisher were somewhere in there - jeez i could write a disseration. so right sorry to babble. i'll start by telling you what i've done so far.

1. flashed vix 2.0 via usb and connected router to box
2. installed and mounted external HD
3. downloaded filezila for FTP
4. installed mgcamd and mg_cfg file into var/keys
5. installed cccam into var/keys
6. put bouquets satellite.xml files into etc/tuxbox and the rest into etc/enigma 2
7. put picons in (can't remember the path but pretty sure it was correct)
8. configured sat search to 28.2E astra (i'm in the UK)
9. searched and found over 1000 channels
10. configured crossepg to external HD
11. downloaded and applied crossepg

(not all in that order btw)

silverfox, they were your bouquets and picons so thanks for that. i think apart from a few minor things thats about where i'm up to. now the problem....

although i've had the channels working - for some reason they dont now. i think i pressed the number 1 on the remote and lost all the channels! now i cant seem to get the channels back. When i press epg it just has like 2 hours worth of epg but with a blank black screen. i've reloaded crossepg and done channel search several times and still nothing although the search says it's picking up 1000+ channels. agghhh! what am i doing wrong??

i'm not one of these lazy people that just comes on forums and wants instant answers. i've spent weeks trying to find out the information for myself but have to admit defeat. i'd really appreciate your help ;-)

Thanks,
Rapid.

judge
26-05-11, 22:19
maybe you are stuck in the wrong bouquet?
try pressing the TV button (bottom left) then blue, you can now switch bouquets. pick one with some channels & see if they work.

Stanman
26-05-11, 22:29
Can you post a screen shot of your display as pressing on on silvers bouquet should take you to channel 1 which is BBC1. What happens when you press 101 102 etc?

punisher
26-05-11, 22:29
Also id recommend if you fancy starting from scratch to flash the latest vix 2.1 image instead of 2.0 then do a full software update. Install silverfox's latest bouquet and install your cam again and then do your epg and see if that gets it working. Try this if all else fails.

Rapid Devil
26-05-11, 22:41
ok i feel royaly stupid. i didnt realise you have to activate the bouquet by pressing blue and going to favourites. thanks guys. judge - simple fix but spot on mate thanks.

next on my list is entering lines into mgcamd. i have just read forum rules and i think its allowed to ask how thats done....? i'm going to read on this too :-D

punisher
26-05-11, 22:53
They go into the newcamd.list file and in the /etc/ folder. Thats about it :p

Rapid Devil
26-05-11, 23:02
They go into the newcamd.list file and in the /etc/ folder. Thats about it :p

right it's time for another massive n00b question. i'm not sure if i've downloaded newcamd.list file - do you just put that into /etc folder - and then put the lines into the /etc folder? or do the lines then go into the folder newcamd.list folder that's created when you put the newcamd.list file into the /etc folder? i hope i've understood that correct.

Thanks.

punisher
26-05-11, 23:48
Sorry error on my behalf i wrote the wrong directory. The newcamd.list file is created and transfered into the /var/keys so it should look like this /var/keys/newcamd.list and then the mg_cfg should be in the same place too /var/keys/mg_cfg

Alias1
26-05-11, 23:57
Wrong CCcam.cfg goes into /etc/

punisher
26-05-11, 23:58
Wrong CCcam.cfg goes into /etc/

Hes using mgcamd according to his original post

Alias1
27-05-11, 00:36
Hes using mgcamd according to his original post
Just pointing out that in his original post number 5 is incorrect

punisher
27-05-11, 01:09
Just pointing out that in his original post number 5 is incorrect

Good spotting lol

Rapid Devil
27-05-11, 09:09
Thanks guys. I'll have a go when I get back from work. I was planning on using mgcamd but may use cccam at some point so i may as well get it in the right place :-D

Donnie
27-05-11, 09:29
Thanks guys. I'll have a go when I get back from work. I was planning on using mgcamd but may use cccam at some point so i may as well get it in the right place :-D
Nothing wrong with using Mgcamd but you are aware that it is an emulator and not a card reader ?

Rapid Devil
27-05-11, 09:52
yes i think so - although using mg_cfg allows it to read cards doesn't it?

Alias1
27-05-11, 10:02
No it is a client only

Rapid Devil
27-05-11, 10:17
ah ok - all the more reason to have cccam as an option ;-)

Donnie
27-05-11, 10:17
Run it alongside Ocsam and it will be fine, I am currently testing this combo and it works very well.

Rapid Devil
27-05-11, 10:31
hmmm thats interesting - i've done a fair amount of reading and not come across Ocsam. To run through mgcamd do you either need newcamd.list or Ocsam? or am i getting the whole thing a big confused?

Thanks.

Donnie
27-05-11, 10:38
To be honest with you I think you need to do a hell of a lot of reading on the subject, google Oscam wiki for starters and then google Mgcamd and Oscam to maybe get an idea.
To get it to run smoothly took me hours of trying but I am very pleased with its performance.

Rapid Devil
27-05-11, 10:42
yeah i agree. i think i'll do the reading before posting. and there's me thinking i was just about there!

Rapid Devil
29-05-11, 15:24
started my reading but another question on this guys. i know mg_cfg goes into var/keys but mgcamd it's self - should that go into var/bin? i have already inastalled it onto the vu so does that matter?? i currently have mgcamd in var/keys.

Thanks.

punisher
29-05-11, 16:09
Have you got mgcamd running in the softcam manager?

Rapid Devil
29-05-11, 16:36
Yes mate :-D

punisher
29-05-11, 16:38
ok then you only need the 2 files mg_cfg and newcamd.list to be in var/keys

Rapid Devil
29-05-11, 16:41
right thanks. started the reading and it looks like cccam is slightly easier to implement than newcamd so in order to crawl before running i'm going to set up cccam first. i presume that's just adding cccamd.list into var/keys right? (as well as mg_cfg ofc)

punisher
29-05-11, 16:43
no no cccam is different, follow this tutorial

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

Rapid Devil
29-05-11, 16:57
sorry i meant using c lines in mgcamd. i have altered value of mg_cfg file to 33 so that i can use c and n lines. so this way am i correct in thinking to use c line you would just alter ccamd.list file and then be able to use via mgcamd?

i hope i've got this right.

great tutorial btw. i had already installed cccam separately and working in softcam manager. if i'm wrong about the above ill have to look at cccam.cfg file instead i think.

Thanks

punisher
29-05-11, 17:00
no the file name would remain as newcamd.list but just enter your line as is and it should work if you are still using mgcamd

Rapid Devil
29-05-11, 17:04
aaaah right. so enter c line details into newcamd.list file and dont bother with cccamd.list?

punisher
29-05-11, 17:08
sorry im chattin nonsense, you need to enter it into cccamd.list file

Rapid Devil
29-05-11, 17:10
sorry i meant using c lines in mgcamd. i have altered value of mg_cfg file to 33 so that i can use c and n lines. so this way am i correct in thinking to use c line you would just alter ccamd.list file and then be able to use via mgcamd?

i hope i've got this right.

great tutorial btw. i had already installed cccam separately and working in softcam manager. if i'm wrong about the above ill have to look at cccam.cfg file instead i think.

Thanks

lol so i was correct in this post? if so that's good....it means i'm learning!

cheers

punisher
29-05-11, 17:50
yeh your doin pretty good mate. its not hard to get a hang of, just need reading and practicing