PDA

View Full Version : Different Recording Problems

midjag
10-05-11, 16:39
I am using BH image in my Solo and facing two problems
1.Default recording format is ts,how we can change it to Mkv or mpeg4 etc.
2.Once I connect HD with my computer it is detected but not shown in my computer contents why ?
3.I copy recorded video through DCC and it takes 2 much time,is there any other method of copying recorded video on computer ?

Stanman
10-05-11, 20:51
1. Not as far as I know unless you convert on your PC, not possiable within box
2. Not sure what you mean, if you are saying the HDD from the box than it wont as box would have been formatted as EXT and as far as I know windows direct connect cannot see the file strcture though can via below method.
3. Use windows explorer and network and navigate to your box HDD and movie folder, not tried it so not sure if it is any faster.

pooface
11-05-11, 08:59
As stan stated.

1. Box doesn't record in mkv. Can play mkv, but it doesn't record in it. If you want mkv, you will have to convert yourself on the computer...
2. You are likely using ext2/3, which is a linux filesystem, so only works on linux, or windows pc that have drivers to read ext2/3. Another good way is to use a linux live cd (I use slax) which will allow you to see the contents of the hdd on your pc.
3. This is all down to your network speed. If you have the solo connected directly to the lan port to your router, and the pc connected to the lan port of router, it should be connected at 100mbit, so transfers should be ~10mb/s. Therefore, you should be able to transfer a 2 hour hd movie (which will usually be around 10gb) in around 15 minutes. If it's connected by a wireless connection, then it's likely it'd take around 30 mins to transfer...