PDA

View Full Version : cccam glitches and freezing

hitman11
07-05-11, 17:20
Hi Guys - I'm aware of the no talking about cccam rule here, but what i after was some advice on is a regular issue i have o my VU+ Solo box.

I've noticed since updating to vix 2.1 from vix 2.0 I experience a lot more glitching/freezing on my picture quite regularly. To resolve this i just go to my cccam manager and restart the cccam, even though its active.

Then for around 4-5 hours the picture is fine and i dont experience any glitching but after 4-5 hours, the glitching starts again and i have to go back to cccam manager and restart the cccam even though its already active. It's like a continuous cycle > picture is fine for 4-5 hours > then experience some regular picture glitching/freezing > restart cccam, even though its active > picture is fine for 4-5 hours > and so on.

I've got the prio & provider files loaded in the var/etc folder. Does anyone have any useful advice on the cause of this issue and what possible things i can do to prevent it occurring or do other people experience the same type of issue?

punisher
07-05-11, 17:23
been using cccam 2.2.1 for ages now and never experienced that .... its going to be something local to you by the sounds of it or something that we cant talk about here ... either way your going to have to try and mess about with ur duo and see whats causing it as like i said a few of us use cccam and never had those issues. what version of cccam are u using?

Mr. Mister
07-05-11, 17:31
I also had this problem back a few months ago..

There is a softcam pack uploaded to this forum somewhere.. It seems that vix has its own cccam.. i used one from the pack and everything worked fine from then on..

I have had a look but i cant find it.. Perhaps one of the mods will be able to find this..

hitman11
07-05-11, 17:31
Hi punisher - I'm using cccam 2.1.3 on my solo - do you think updating to 2.2.1 would be beneficial? Are there any performance improvements on 2.2.1 as opposed to using 2.1.3?

punisher
07-05-11, 17:33
i have only ever used 2.2.1and never had a problem thur far. Like Mr Mister says above make sure you use the one that is for VIX, you can find it below

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

hitman11
07-05-11, 17:34
Hi Mr Mister - that would be great if you can find and post the link for that pack on this thread... I'll try updating my box wth one of the cccam's from that pack and see how it goes...

hitman11
07-05-11, 17:37
Hi punisher - just went to that link you posted - there are 2 versions of cccam 2.2.1 in that folder - can you please advise which one to use?

punisher
07-05-11, 17:41
theres only one 2.2.1, the other is 2.2_1.0 but the one you want is

enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk

Donnie
07-05-11, 20:16
he he very funny that you should think CCcam for vix is any different than any other version.
My advice for the OP would be to activate log warnings in CCcam.cfg, leave it an hour or so and then check the log.

Stanman
07-05-11, 21:09
Mate search the forum, I recall reading a post about glitching where the channel info file or one of the CCcam file was too large.