PDA

View Full Version : need help from scratch ;-)

tdb
28-02-11, 18:16
hi all, sure i came to the right place for help.

my mate just got a solo to replace his dm500.

it's always been my job to setup and take care of his dm!

so know i have been given the task of setting up his solo tomorrow, so could really do with a crash course here, a few points & tips in the right direction, i have been reading a few threads.

i will need to run gb0x emu on the solo how where do files go /var/bin /var/keys and script?

which image should i flash to run stable hopefully with gb0x!

just to be sure i dload image create folder on root of usb vuplus/solo

unRAR image and paste the following in vuplus/solo.

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

insert usb turn on wait for light to flash till green then turn off remove usb power on.

any other tips please

cheers guys if all goes well could end up getting one myself

basilyoung
28-02-11, 20:23
as far as g-box goes, I am afraid that we can not assist, ( forum rules )

as far as images go, I would use the VIX image,

baz

tdb
01-03-11, 18:16
am totally lost here getting it to run g**x

could some one pm (hope this is not breaking anymore rules) just in need of help :confused:

silverfox0786
01-03-11, 19:15
am totally lost here getting it to run g**x

could some one pm (hope this is not breaking anymore rules) just in need of help :confused:

it is indeed a rule break no talk of card share be it on or off open forum is not allowed via this forum or it tools

punisher
01-03-11, 19:17
use google, its your best friend ... trust me ;)

tdb
01-03-11, 20:02
hi punisher, haha you would not believe me mate if i told you how many tabs i have open in firefox and how many forums i have joined. funnything is this is not for me!

been searching for last few days :confused:

punisher
01-03-11, 21:28
if i had any idea about it i would love to help you out outside of the forum but i dont have a clue myself lol thas why i said google but after googling myself i can see things are very limited ... :eek:

basilyoung
01-03-11, 21:31
there are card share forums about, google them, but be carefull

baz

tdb
01-03-11, 21:46
thank gents, i know you guys are not stupid but believe me am only interested in installing this blessed emu, basically what goes where not interested in talking sharing there are many places for that.

but thanks for the reply

basilyoung
01-03-11, 22:02
no problem mate, I have sent you a pm, with a few surgested searches that might help you

baz