PDA

View Full Version : Will this work on my Solo ??

Mr. Mister
17-02-11, 00:08
Hi.

I wish to record on my Solo, or should i say my wife wishes to record on HER Solo.. lol

Can i used this instead of a USB stick.. ??

Ebay : Item number : 230585799050

Solo on Vix 1.1

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

silverfox0786
17-02-11, 00:41
yes it should work fine

why not do what i done

mount via network your duo to the solo and say yes to hdd replacement

so when u record or go to recordings it will bring up the duo recordings

also that way you can have one set of recordings all in one place and if you record on duo you can watch on solo

Mr. Mister
17-02-11, 00:47
Hi Silv m8.

Jeeze.. I cant do that. That would mean that the wife is filling one my HDD full of Corrie and Easties and all that crap.. I would rather spend the 50 quid and she can fill her own HDD with whatever rubbish she wants.. lmao

Thanks buddy.. Gonna buy it now..

silverfox0786
17-02-11, 00:56
lol

i know what u mean mate i got 2.5 tb of hdd all allocated to my boxes one way or another so i got enough hdd to last a while

but as i said should work ok

Mr. Mister
17-02-11, 01:09
Thanks buddy.. Just bought it..

Larry-G
17-02-11, 01:12
Hi Silv m8.

Jeeze.. I cant do that. That would mean that the wife is filling one my HDD full of Corrie and Easties and all that crap.. I would rather spend the 50 quid and she can fill her own HDD with whatever rubbish she wants.. lmao

Thanks buddy.. Gonna buy it now..

wise wise man. why do you think i spend so much time at work or out with the shotgun. i'd rather cut off my own legs than watch that muck.

Sicilian
17-02-11, 07:04
Personally I'd buy one of these from Pcworld: -

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/wd-my-passport-essential-portable-hard-drive-500gb-03701253-pdt.html

At least if it dont work is easily returned and less hassle than fleabay ;)