PDA

View Full Version : New Vix 2.0 cant see local

satmanbasil
14-02-11, 18:24
Hi mates

Installed the new Vix 2.0 for the solo and did the install wizzard however when i checked to see if any updates it would not load... on checking the network settings which worked on vix 1.1 it confirms ip lan etc but local show disconnected. I double checked everything and tryed again without luck, i then went into network wizzard and enable dchp, again it says all is working but when testing the local shows once again disconnected.
I reflashed using vti image and checked the network settings and they came up all ok including local so again i reflashed vix 2.0 only to find the same results, so in the end i have gone back to vix 1.1 until this problem can be sorted.
Reading on another forum im not the only person with this experience with 2.0 hope andy can look into why this happens

regards
satmanbasil

punisher
14-02-11, 18:28
local shows disconnected on a lot of peoples test, even mine but i can install and do everything without no problem. was told by the devs that it is a known issue which is being looked at i think

Stanman
14-02-11, 19:14
Its a bug but works fine.

satmanbasil
14-02-11, 23:29
Hi mate

Maybe a bug but it wouldnt allow access to the internet to download updates so a bit pointless working with a box only able to half its task.

regards
satmanbasil

t.ph
14-02-11, 23:34
Its been posted here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6227-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v2.0-...&goto=newpost how someone has managed to connect with the same problem.

Larry-G
14-02-11, 23:39
Hi mate

Maybe a bug but it wouldnt allow access to the internet to download updates so a bit pointless working with a box only able to half its task.

regards
satmanbasil

i know your frustrated but i personally would not give up so easily. especially as this only affects the updates and not the actual operation of the box.

satmanbasil
15-02-11, 00:48
Hi mate

I wont give up on latest vix for the solo just may give it a few days for things to settle down then try again...just got a bit cheesed off having to check router..cables including setting up my old dreambox and reflashing images in vu only to find it wasnt the equipment but been in this hobby so long now im used to the highs and lows and always manage to work things out in the long run.

regards
satmanbasil

banie01
15-02-11, 01:02
Hi mate

I wont give up on latest vix for the solo just may give it a few days for things to settle down then try again...just got a bit cheesed off having to check router..cables including setting up my old dreambox and reflashing images in vu only to find it wasnt the equipment but been in this hobby so long now im used to the highs and lows and always manage to work things out in the long run.

regards
satmanbasil

Basil, I found a workaround for the plugins and update issue by doing the following
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6227-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v2.0-09-02-2011&p=48769&viewfull=1#post48769
It drove me quite menta for a few days....But now I have it sorted and hopefully it will sort you out too!
Very strange issue though!

niteman1969
15-02-11, 01:07
Easiest way is to forget about dhcp and set a static ip address much higher up the range than your
other pc's will ever get. That way it works fine.

Ie my router is 192.168.0.1 and is set to give dhcp addresses starting from 192.168.0.2

so my config is this

use interface = yes
use dhcp = no
ip address : 192.168.0.100
subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
gateway : 192.168.0.1 (router ip)

when i set this up it then autodetects the nameservers
and all is fine.

Sicilian
15-02-11, 05:58
Note that our server was down during the day yesterday, so this would have affected updates.

Stanman
15-02-11, 18:59
Hi mate

regards
satmanbasil

But it doesn't affect any other operations for me updates and plugins work fine even with the local showing as fault