PDA

View Full Version : dreamboxedit 4.0.1.1 with Windows 7

MW35
06-02-11, 17:28
When I try to load the latest settings with dreamboxedit 4.0.1.1 with Windows 7 the program crashes when I click on send files to dreambox it hangs for a few seconds, then says program not responding, so I've got to close it down, is there a new version of dreamboxedit,

sonc
06-02-11, 17:31
4.0.1.2 in the "Editors" section :)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5437-DreamBoxEdit-IHAD-Edition-4.0.1.2

Check your config settings in Options, i.e. IP address, and path names. Should be /etc/enigma2 for "services and bouquets" and /etc/tuxbox for satellites.xml

MW35
06-02-11, 18:25
tryed that but get
Connecting to 192.168.0.4.
Connected.
Dreambox response: Login successful. Have fun.
** Getting directory list /etc/enigma2/* **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer complete
** Sending file "/etc/enigma2/services" **
Starting FTP transfer
Transfer aborted
Error sending file "services" to the Dreambox.
Disconnecting.
Disconnected.

Alanp
06-02-11, 18:52
have you set a password on the box

sonc
06-02-11, 19:14
It says "Login successful" so its not a passsword issue.

"services" doesn't exist in E2 settings. Looks like your are trying to send Enigma1 settings to a Enigma2 box.

irishchris
06-02-11, 20:53
yes looks like you are trying to send incompatible E1 format to and E2 box. make sure you click options on top of dreambox edit and then click on enigma 2 settings in that before you send. i have it working perfect with windows 7 on both duo and solo.

MW35
06-02-11, 20:59
I have it on setting type 2, I have also tried it on a different PC running Windows XP with the same problem, but it used to work before that's what I don't understand, I am doing everything that I done before when it was working but now for some reason on both PCs and don't work

sivhead
07-02-11, 15:47
Ok from Tools > Options > Profile Tab
Ensure that the "File Paths on the Dreambox" for satellite.xml are set for
/etc/tuxbox (which if it is and you get the same error message) I would create a new profile within dreambox edit.

If it is the correct location make sure that you have a satellite.xml in your Bouquets folder. Maybe the XML file is knackered. Download the latest satellites xml for your box. Should be a sticky somewhere, copy it to your bouquet path. (on your windows7 machine).
Open the bouquet with Dreambox edit and try and re-send.

Also From DreamboxEdit can you Click Tools > Edit Satellites.xml ?