PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Time Zone setting

netswim
05-02-11, 18:20
I put my Timezone (GMT+2) but it shows 1 hour ahead (GMT+3). I tried to find if there is summer time setting but no luck.
So the epg shows the next program, not the current.

silverfox0786
05-02-11, 20:55
i think it may be a daylight error try setting time zone to +1 and see if that helps

Sicilian
06-02-11, 08:36
Sometime you need to reboot after changing the timezone depending what satellite your tuned too.

netswim
06-02-11, 09:23
i think it may be a daylight error try setting time zone to +1 and see if that helps

I am in Greece and timezone is (GMT+2)
GMT+2---- the system clock is 1 hour ahead of normal - Italia channels epg is ok - Greek channels epg is 1 hour ahead.
GMT+1---- the system clock is ok (!!!) the Italia epg is 1 hour back and the Greek epg is ok.

Larry-G
06-02-11, 10:06
I am in Greece and timezone is (GMT+2)
GMT+2---- the system clock is 1 hour ahead of normal - Italia channels epg is ok - Greek channels epg is 1 hour ahead.
GMT+1---- the system clock is ok (!!!) the Italia epg is 1 hour back and the Greek epg is ok.

thats normal as there in different time zones. there is nothing you can do about it. it is the same for me if i compare a uk based epg with a german counterpart as germany is +1 hr ahead of the uk GMT wise.

netswim
06-02-11, 10:50
thats normal as there in different time zones. there is nothing you can do about it. it is the same for me if i compare a uk based epg with a german counterpart as germany is +1 hr ahead of the uk GMT wise.

Yes but the base problem is when I put GMT+2, the system time is wrong, it shows 1 hour ahead.

Larry-G
06-02-11, 10:53
then put GMT+1 in.

Sicilian
06-02-11, 10:56
Tune to Nova or some other greek channels based in your timezone. The set the timezone on your receiver and reboot. Then check again.

netswim
06-02-11, 11:45
Tune to Nova or some other greek channels based in your timezone. The set the timezone on your receiver and reboot. Then check again.

Yes it worked. Thank you.
I think that you have to fix this issue.

Thank you my friend

Sicilian
06-02-11, 11:55
Yes it worked. Thank you.
I think that you have to fix this issue.

Thank you my friend

Its not an issue, its just how it works. The time-zone should be set when using you county satellite channels broadcast at your local time.