PDA

View Full Version : VU+ ethernet HDD

geoargi
04-02-11, 20:36
hi all.
i have a vu+ and a popcornhour a110 network media tank connected in a hub, so i decided there is no need for a usd drive for vu+. i manage to mount the popcornhour hdd with nfs to work with vu+ and now i can record tv to popcorn hdd.
everything works fine but if i turn popcornhour off, restart it, or there is an elecrical power off then mount is not working and i have to mount it again. if i restart vu+, mount works ok, only popcornhour must be always on.
i tried both vti & blackhole. any ideas????
also i would like to ask if there is away to store epg data & picons with vti to my popcornhour hdd and if so how?
thanks...............

Sicilian
04-02-11, 21:24
The popcornhour will have to remain powered on to stay mounted. Do a similar thing here.

If I here you i'd buy a USB stick for picons etc.. otherwise everytime you change channel or the infobar is the the HDD will spin up.

sgwise
11-02-11, 14:20
hi all.
i have a vu+ and a popcornhour a110 network media tank connected in a hub, so i decided there is no need for a usd drive for vu+. i manage to mount the popcornhour hdd with nfs to work with vu+ and now i can record tv to popcorn hdd.
everything works fine but if i turn popcornhour off, restart it, or there is an elecrical power off then mount is not working and i have to mount it again. if i restart vu+, mount works ok, only popcornhour must be always on.
i tried both vti & blackhole. any ideas????
also i would like to ask if there is away to store epg data & picons with vti to my popcornhour hdd and if so how?
thanks...............

hi mate!
Can you please explain how u managed to mount the popcorn hdd into vu+? I have an egreat m34a and i would like to do tha same but i couldnt figure out how!
Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you

geoargi
11-02-11, 22:00
hi mate!
Can you please explain how u managed to mount the popcorn hdd into vu+? I have an egreat m34a and i would like to do tha same but i couldnt figure out how!
Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you

hi, this is easy, i think egreat must be like popocorn.
first give your egreat a static ip and then go to set up and let all the servers running (samba server, nfs server....) a dont know witch makes the connection so let all of them running.
then make a folder to your egreat with ftp called "movie" so you can store your recordings from vu+.

then on vu+ from vti plugins >vti system tools>network browser>scan network
if everything is ok with egreat then you can see its hdd there.
click mount management an if prompt for password click no.
made your mount> active, mount type>nfs share, use as hdd replecement> yes
thats all, but remember that if you restart egreat or power off then you have to mount it again.