PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question - Sly channels working - now want to pick up rest of the Satellites

ace7866
24-01-11, 02:52
Hi everyone

im new on here, only started playing with the Solo today, managed to get all the sky channels working -
My set up is a motorised dish on a VU+ Solo - I have put the Vix 1.1 image on and have it all running on Sky,

Now i have no idea how many channels i can pick up, but i was told over 4000 with the dish thats been installed at mine, its motorised and i think its the 63cm one if i am right - dont quote me on this though.

Now how do i scan for the rest of the channels, is there anyone who can tell the easiest way of doing this, is there a simple bouquet file that puts everything into an organised manner so the satellite dish can change from Astra to the others without me having to actually tune in all the channels -

I hope you guys can help as this forum has helped me in so many way on my venture to get the sky packages all up and running -

Many thanks

Larry-G
24-01-11, 08:24
try either the catseye, vhannibal or cyrus bouquets.

basilyoung
24-01-11, 09:07
if your dish is 63cm, you need to concider upgrading to at least 80cm
your unit should be set up to use USAL,s
in set up, (menu/setup/service seaching/tuner config, set to simple,) select motorized (disque 1.2) use USALs and put in your geographical position...select the sats that you want, for a test..19 east and 13 east qand of course 28 east press ok, to save

then go to satfind, and see if your dish gets a lock on 19 east, or 13 east

baz

ace7866
24-01-11, 11:10
hi sorry, the dish is 80cm - will give the above a try and see what happens, once ive downloaded the bouquets do i need to do anything to change the satellite or will it all be done automatically?
cheers

basilyoung
24-01-11, 11:20
in that case..you will get most of the main sats

having worked a 13 hour night shift,...my brain cells are about clapped out

its likely that your unit is set up already

but check your tuner config
menu button /setup/service searching/tuner config...set it to diasque 1.2 allow USALS set your geo position ( - = west + = east ) add various sats ie, 13 19 east....1 west ( .08 west ) press ok ( save ) exit...use sat finder to see if you get a lock on the various sats..if so, you are sorted

baz
press ok

ace7866
25-01-11, 00:42
really confused here....
I have managed to get a bouquet file onto the solo and went to Hotbird and its really weird, i pick up channels cleanly sometimes but then they seem to go scrambled/blocky, seems like only the Sly channels work nicely...
Also CCcam is for Hotbird and it hsould be picking up HD channels, cant seem to get anything at all on the HD channels, but when i try the normal ones they seem to be working/blocky - please advice

tomthebomb1968
25-01-11, 01:46
Have you followed Basils advice on setting up your tuner config?

basilyoung
25-01-11, 09:50
poor dish alignment is your problem, you need to adjust your motor settings ( USALs ) if the signal strength does not reach at least 70% after all available adjustments, your motor set up needs reaigning correctly

as for Cccam, you have to work that one out by your self, or get help from your freinds, we are not allowed to discuss anything relating to Soft Cams or there configs, Hard Cams can be dicussed,

baz

ace7866
25-01-11, 13:16
Hi guys,
thanks for that, this is the weird thing, ok say im on a channel with poor reception, i go into sat positioner, and the signal shows weak so i do the adjustment - moving east/west to get 70/80% bar... when im on there, i store it as position 1, then go back to the channel, and it seems to be the same sort of reception, so i go back into the sat positioner and it seems like its the same weak signal again, as if it has not stored the position? - im definelty doing something wrong here.. anyone advice.. thanks alot

Larry-G
25-01-11, 13:29
from what i understand, you can not adjust the dish like this using USALS they way you can using DiSEqC.

ace7866
25-01-11, 21:42
now ive lost all the sky channels too.. the ones that work give blocky video..
So i go into tuner config and it comes up with:

Tuner A: BCM7325 DVB-S2 NIM (internal) (DVB-S2)
Positioner: USUALS

Click ok, and its been set up to:

COnfig mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude and Latitude filled in from details on multimap

This had my Sky setup working fine before, but everything seems to have just gone blank now - not even the FTA channels working...

Any ideas?

basilyoung
26-01-11, 09:19
Yes

as I previously said, if your USAL setting,s are correct, but poor or no signal, you need to adjust your settings, by +/- 1 degree east and see if there is an improvement, if not, make the same adjustment, but west instead, and work outwards, by up to +/- 4 degrees, if things are still not good, then your motor/dish is not set up correctly

also, assuming you get a good signal on 28 east, but poor on say 13 east, your dish is scissoring ( crossing at an angle ) the sat arc, again, this would mean your dish/motor alignment is incorrect

baz