silverfox0786
10-01-11, 21:20
Hey Guys,

My missus was watching TV and all of a sudden the screen went blank on the solo

i restarted the box and nothing i then reflashed box and nothing

i left box off for a bit and nothing

i disconnected everythin except hdmi still nothing

i even tried with a scart lead and still nothing just wont start

although the green light is on and during flashing it was showing the flashing orange then flashing green when complete

can some one help me out here i'ts only weeks old and dont want anything to be wrong with it

anyone any advice i will try

Thanks

Donnie
10-01-11, 21:24
The only thing you can do is take the top off and check for a bad connection but I doubt that is the problem, if you were watching and not playing when it died I suspect the box has failed in some way.

I assume the TV is OK ?

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 21:26
The only thing you can do is take the top off and check for a bad connection but I doubt that is the problem, if you were watching and not playing when it died I suspect the box has failed in some way.

please dont say that mate

i wont be taking the top off as its still in waranty but i dont really wanna mess about sending it for repair

i would be happier if it was a simple issue

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 21:43
Dunno what the issue was but i had a image backup of sif team so i thought i'd try that while i was downloading the official image 5.5 and it worked the box came back alive and working well

crises averted

was in a blind panic lol

Donnie
10-01-11, 21:48
Glad you are sorted bud, I know how you felt been there many times over the years with this hobby.

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 22:02
Glad you are sorted bud, I know how you felt been there many times over the years with this hobby.

oh tell me about it mate i was almost crying and all my missus could do was say to me

"do it later put the TV on my program is about to start"

:lol3:

pooface
10-01-11, 22:05
"do it later put the TV on my program is about to start"

:lol3:

That's too true ... just what my missus would say!!!

silverfox0786
10-01-11, 22:09
That's too true ... just what my missus would say!!!

she didn't get here way as fixing this was far important than watching TV as if i lost this box then thats it no tv for her anyway

atleast it sorted now though just gonna leave ti on sif till the morning

jas
11-01-11, 09:55
USB Flash not working on VU+ Solo
Hi

I have vix1.1 on solo and had some problems with it. Tried to flash with the same image again via usb and did not work, keep starting instead of flashing.

Then i reset the settings to factory it worked and updated through software manager, but after restarting it keep saying VU SOLO starting and not going anywhere from that screen.

What do i need to do? please help

Thanks

Sicilian
11-01-11, 10:05
Re-format the USB stick you are using to FAT32 and make sure the file structure of the flash files is correct on your USB stick. Also try a different USB stick/port.

jas
11-01-11, 10:37
Thanks, appriciate it.

i will try later, can i use 8gb memory stick and windows 7 or i have to use 128mb and win xp.

If can do it do i need a serial cable or null modem cable to flash it.

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 10:39
serial does not work with solo and reported to vuplus

win 7 and 8 gb is fine

jas
11-01-11, 10:41
Thanks,

If cant do with usb any other way?

Sorry for being p

silverfox0786
11-01-11, 10:58
with the solo not yet mate sorry need to wait for a new vuutility from vuplus first

jas
12-01-11, 09:36
Thanks for the help,

Just to let everyone know that i took the solo to the person who i bought it from, i notices he had a file called autorun on the usb along with other three files. He managed to flash and reinstal everything again.

Thanks

pooface
12-01-11, 09:44
Thanks for the help,

Just to let everyone know that i took the solo to the person who i bought it from, i notices he had a file called autorun on the usb along with other three files. He managed to flash and reinstal everything again.

Thanks

If he had a file called autorun on his usb stick, then that is 1 of 2 things ... His usb stick has stuff on it that is set to run automatically as soon as he plugs it in to a pc (could be a sandisk with their portable utility, or he's using something like portableapps), or he has a virus on his usb stick, which is trying to automatically run...

Anyway, that wouldn't make any difference to the flashing of the vu, as it's all based on linux, not windows, so autorun and exe/com/bat files etc won't work on the box...

What I've noticed when flashing my solo, is that if I have a usb stick in the rear port, then it won't flash. I have to remove the usb from the rear of the solo, then plug my flashing usb to the front of the solo, and then update that way...

tagteam3283
19-01-12, 23:56
i had to format m y syick as FAt andf not FAT32 for the new bootloader t work

satmanbasil
20-01-12, 13:41
Hi guys

On the topic of solo i did a online update yesterday in downloading it seemed sluggish and froze whilst downloading, I gave it time to complete but it decided to wanna hung so in the end I had to power off.
On reboot with my fingers crossed it did reboot but without the VIX menu so I decided to do a factory reset see if that would rebuild the full image but again no VIX menu so in the end I had to reflash the image, thankfully getting it all back.
I only mention this as this is the second time in two updates the solo has done this lockup in online update is there a problem with the image being too big to handle the update in one go? i think it said something like 101 updates when i did the same on my duo

micscave
20-01-12, 22:04
Hi guys

On the topic of solo i did a online update yesterday in downloading it seemed sluggish and froze whilst downloading, I gave it time to complete but it decided to wanna hung so in the end I had to power off.
On reboot with my fingers crossed it did reboot but without the VIX menu so I decided to do a factory reset see if that would rebuild the full image but again no VIX menu so in the end I had to reflash the image, thankfully getting it all back.
I only mention this as this is the second time in two updates the solo has done this lockup in online update is there a problem with the image being too big to handle the update in one go? i think it said something like 101 updates when i did the same on my duo

This happened to my duo also. After I rebooted via telnet it appears to have updated but the flashing symbol is permanently light now. I've run the update again but the update symbol is still flashing.

rashidir
10-03-12, 10:17
Hi i have solo original but when i change software blackhole 7.1 or 7.2 the prosses go on correctly but the box cannot boot the green led is on but system out put havent any action .when insert older image black hole1.6.6 all thing is ok and system booting normaly please advise me why my recieiver cant accept new image.

Thanks

Sicilian
10-03-12, 11:00
Hi i have solo original but when i change software blackhole 7.1 or 7.2 the prosses go on correctly but the box cannot boot the green led is on but system out put havent any action .when insert older image black hole1.6.6 all thing is ok and system booting normaly please advise me why my recieiver cant accept new image.

Thanks

You need to use the updated bootloader.

battlestar42
23-03-12, 19:15
its ok if you can get it working for abit i cant get mine working ive done the image put channel list on im new to this box the vu solo and my error is always coming up in red is service unavailable check tuner config any one got any ideas ive been in config and tryed all ways

battlestar42
01-04-12, 20:52
ok got it working now im getting all the channels on sky uk but wen i go to say sky italia or hotbird im getting no channels

pazza07
05-04-12, 04:22
Hi all, I think I have a similar problem. I have a vu solo myself which I flashed and is up and running with the latest vix image. The issue I have is my friend asked me to do his for him, no problem I thought. The problem I've got is when I've flashed a image it boots up the the logo/loading screen, and that's it, it doesn't get passed that to the set up wizard. I have updated the bootloader and tried other images ie: blackhole etc. Any ideas please as I can't understand what's wrong when I've done everything exactly the same as mine and that is working, pleaseeee

Sicilian
05-04-12, 05:09
Hi all, I think I have a similar problem. I have a vu solo myself which I flashed and is up and running with the latest vix image. The issue I have is my friend asked me to do his for him, no problem I thought. The problem I've got is when I've flashed a image it boots up the the logo/loading screen, and that's it, it doesn't get passed that to the set up wizard. I have updated the bootloader and tried other images ie: blackhole etc. Any ideas please as I can't understand what's wrong when I've done everything exactly the same as mine and that is working, pleaseeee

Try re-formatting USB sticks FAT32. Then reflash first bootloader again, then image. Also try different USB stick.

pazza07
05-04-12, 07:37
Try re-formatting USB sticks FAT32. Then reflash first bootloader again, then image. Also try different USB stick.
Thanks sic, done that and again everything looks fine until it boots up and stays on the loading screen, any more ideas ?

Sicilian
05-04-12, 07:44
Try disconnecting Ethernet cable is connected and any other USB devices if connected.

pazza07
05-04-12, 07:54
Try disconnecting Ethernet cable is connected and any other USB devices if connected.
I had only ethernet connected, still no joy :confused:

Sicilian
05-04-12, 08:04
You tried different usb sticks? Also try formatting using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool

pazza07
05-04-12, 08:08
You tried different usb sticks? Also try formatting using this tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool
Yes sic, i've formatted both ways and used different USB stick, when i boot up new image eg. vix it says starting, then loading and thats it. when i try a original image i get nothing, just a blue screen.

pazza07
05-04-12, 10:53
Any ideas would be appreciated, is there a chance it's totally knackered ? I really hope not

Sicilian
05-04-12, 11:25
Sounds strange tbh, if it where knackered I'd say it wouldn't boot at all.

pazza07
05-04-12, 11:52
Thats what I thought sic, but with it accepting the flash ok and reboots fine it just doesn't carry on to set up wizard. I just hope someone has had this problem before and can help me solve it.

judge
05-04-12, 12:00
are any of the remote buttons working when it gets stuck? try the up/down circle buttons.

pazza07
05-04-12, 12:07
are any of the remote buttons working when it gets stuck? try the up/down circle buttons.
Tried that judge, the green light on the box reacts with the remote but nothing at all changes on screen.

Mr. Mister
05-04-12, 12:55
I know it may sound stupid.. But i have done this in the past and it worked..

Try an older vix image.. 2.2.1 or maybe even older.. Any one will do..

see if the box boots up with that..

If it does.. Then just flash the cfe bootloader again .. and then the Vix 2.3 204 image again and see what happens..

Hope this helps

Larry-G
05-04-12, 12:58
Also and i'm sorry to ask this so please dont take offense but are you certain the receiver is not a clone ?.

pazza07
05-04-12, 13:20
Also and i'm sorry to ask this so please dont take offense but are you certain the receiver is not a clone ?.
i have compared it with the pictures against genuine v clone and im sure its not. if it is, is it dead ?

pazza07
05-04-12, 13:43
I know it may sound stupid.. But i have done this in the past and it worked..

Try an older vix image.. 2.2.1 or maybe even older.. Any one will do..

see if the box boots up with that..

If it does.. Then just flash the cfe bootloader again .. and then the Vix 2.3 204 image again and see what happens..

Hope this helps
do i need the cfe bootloader for the earlier images ?

Mr. Mister
05-04-12, 13:45
No.. The old bootloader is in the old image..

Just remember to flash the new cfe before you flash vix 2.3 204..

pazza07
05-04-12, 13:47
No.. The old bootloader is in the old image..

Just remember to flash the new cfe before you flash vix 2.3 204..
i'll give it a go now, let you know, cheers

Larry-G
05-04-12, 13:51
The Newest Vu bootloaders are fully backwards compatible with all images including those with the earlier 2.6.18 linux kernel. I only asked if it was a clone as it it were you would need to update the receiver, however that is a topic we will not get into on this forum as we do not and will never support cloned receivers.

pazza07
05-04-12, 14:06
Mr. mister, you're sounds silly idea worked, i've managed to load vix 2.2.1, and because i'm doing this box for someone else that's the image thats staying on it ha ha , cheers

Mr. Mister
05-04-12, 14:10
Na buddy..

Im glad that it worked for you..

If i was you i would do a fresh download of the cfe and vix 2.3 204..

And just install them as normal..

There is a chance that your earlier download could have been corrupt..

So just down load the 2 files again.. and flash..

You have nothing to loose.. as you know the 2.2.1 works fine..

pazza07
05-04-12, 14:33
Na buddy..

Im glad that it worked for you..

If i was you i would do a fresh download of the cfe and vix 2.3 204..

And just install them as normal..

There is a chance that your earlier download could have been corrupt..

So just down load the 2 files again.. and flash..

You have nothing to loose.. as you know the 2.2.1 works fine..
I took your advice and flashed the latest vix and all is well, thanks again to each and everyone of you for your help.

Mr. Mister
05-04-12, 15:16
Na hassle buddy..

Thats why were here..

Just glad you got it sorted..