PDA

View Full Version : Crash report in vix 1.1

jcm193
18-12-10, 16:54
Hi ive had a fair few crashes today i always get the same report,can some take a look at it and tell me whats causing the problem thanks

jas
20-12-10, 00:31
Hi All
I have the same problem box keep crashing. Today there is no audio on any channels with hdmi. I tried to change to scart and keep crashing cant change it. any help please. Running vix1.1

silverfox0786
20-12-10, 00:43
try adding a swapfile you seem to be having a memory overload

jas
20-12-10, 01:40
Thanks for reply, i am new with solo what is swapfile ?

I want to upgrade to VIX1.1 can i do that. If i do this with usb do i need to install C**s agin or just upgrade and it will work normal.

I got the instructions that format a m stick and make a folder called solo aand unzip files into this folder then put usn in the front port and switch on etc.....

If i do all that do i need to configure C line again or not.

any help please
thanks

silverfox0786
20-12-10, 01:46
first do this to flash to 1.1 i'm guessing your using 1.0 if so then yes its sap file error and you best bet is flash to 1.1

In USB memory stick,
make \\vuplus\solo\ folder and copy the following 3 files to that location
1) root_cfe_auto.jffs2
2) kernel_cfe_auto.bin
3) boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
Insert USB Memory stick into the front USB socket and then Power Off and Power On again.

After power-on, VuPlus SOLO automatically start upgrade using the files in the USB memory stick.

When upgrade is finished, the GREEN LED on front side blinks continuously.
Remove the memory stick and power off and on again.

you will loose everything but only a flash will upgrade you to 1.1 not a software update.

then do a full softare update once done you can create a swap file

easy way to do that is follow this

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?4763-VIX-1.3-96MB-Swap-File-Solution-For-All