PDA

View Full Version : MKV Player on vix image?

Cougar
13-12-10, 12:59
Hi
I've got a Duo and Solo, both with the latest Vix images.
Just wondered if these boxes can play hidef MKV films I have on my usb drive?

Sicilian
13-12-10, 13:15
Hi

Try them. Tbh I've not tested this feature for a long time. Press the recordings button then navigate to the drive where the movies are stored.

pooface
13-12-10, 16:03
Hi

I haven't tried my mkv files (bluray tv series rips, 720p) on the solo, but have them running perfectly fine on the duo. As Sic says, press the recordings buton and navigate to the drive... I have mine on the internal hdd... ftp'd over :p

Advocate86
22-12-10, 19:36
Hi,

I playback MKV files all the time via my Solo. In fact it is rapidly replacing my dedicated media player.

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Advocate86

dh14162
14-09-12, 17:07
Hi,

I purchased a DUO from WOS last month (came with VIX 3) and when playing MKV's, I am unable to fast forward more than 2x (although it says 4x, 8x, 16x etc).

Alternatively, is there a way to "go to" a point in time (say 50 mins into the video file).

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
dh14162

--

Oops .. Just realised this is in the SOLO talk section. Apologies.

judge
14-09-12, 17:13
That's down to the encoding of your MKV files.
You can change the default jump times for 1/3, 4/6 & 7/9 in Menu -> Setup ->System -> Recording settings.

dh14162
14-09-12, 17:22
Thanks for the prompt reply judge.

Hmm... thing is the same files are able to be fast fwd fine on a separate media player (Netgear NTV550).

I'll take a look at the 1/3, 4/6, 7/9 jump times (and alter the settings in the menu as you suggested.)

Rob van der Does
14-09-12, 17:57
Hmm... thing is the same files are able to be fast fwd fine on a separate media player (Netgear NTV550).
A dedicated MediaPlayer can't be compared with a satellite receiver; the first one supports many software codecs, where as the latter has to do all in hardware (which only supports a very limited number of codecs).

judge
14-09-12, 18:01
Thanks for the prompt reply judge.

I'll take a look at the 1/3, 4/6, 7/9 jump times (and alter the settings in the menu as you suggested.)
When watching an MKV or any other media file, you can also long press right to bring up a seekbar & jump that way.
I'm almost sure there's also a long press button that lets you input a time you want to jump to, can't think of it now though?