PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive problem

jcm193
11-12-10, 19:35
Hi iam trying to get my segate 1tb hard drive to work with the vix 1.1 image,ive formated it to ntfs via my pc everytime i try and initalize it after about 1 minute the the vix stop`s spinning and the picture freezes.Then the initalizing hard drive goes away and the vix gets bigger and i loose sound on the channel iam watching sadly the hard drive is still not initialized.when i use the check filesystem i get unable to complete filesystem check.erro: Fsck failed any ideas how i can get this to work thanks

Stanman
11-12-10, 20:22
It needs to be formated as ext3, format it as FAT32 in the pc than try on the box.

jcm193
11-12-10, 20:28
I changed my image to vti 2.2 formated to ntfs before your reply then initialized worked first time very strange

pooface
15-12-10, 10:51
You said it's now sorted via the vti image, but just wondering, when you were in the vix image, were you trying to format it using the menu -> Settings -> Hard Disk option, or mount manager?

Cheers

jcm193
15-12-10, 13:47
When I tried with the vix image i tried to get it working via setup-system-harddisk-initialization and as i said it failed