PDA

View Full Version : Tring Stopped Working

Garf
20-11-10, 02:00
My Tring card was working for about 2 weeks on Vix image with Cccam & Oscam. It's now stopped and I can't figure it out. I've tried both Vix & VTi. Checked out the .cfg files & all seems ok. If I put the card im my Technomate works fine, but put it back in the Solo & nothing. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

basilyoung
20-11-10, 02:21
well if it works on your technomate, the first question is, "which technomate" do you use ??
if it did work on the VU, then its likely, the card has not updated, but once its in your technomate, it does work

perhaps leave it there over night, then see if it works on the VU tomorrow?

one other thing, do you have a cam for the card??

baz

Garf
20-11-10, 02:32
Technomate 1500. Not using a cam. I will leave it overnight & see what happens. Thnx

basilyoung
20-11-10, 02:44
also when you post your results,..please say what soft cam you are using on the VU,..it will help us help you

and welcome to our forum Garf

baz

DrProzac
20-11-10, 09:27
I had the same problem with Tring a few weeks ago.
Out of intrest can you watch the adult channels as mine was still working.

A reboot fixed the problem for me and then all the other channels came back.

Garf
20-11-10, 14:16
Sorted now. I read in a post that cccam.cfg goes in /var/etc. Created a new one and ftp'd it using Create Cccam.cfg & it placed it in /etc. Still not sure why it stopped in the first place. Think I need to find more study time.
BTW working on Vix 1.0, Cccam 2.1.3 Oscam 1.00.319.

Garf
20-11-10, 15:04
Another question. Does the stb need to be conected to the internet when booting. I've a dual lnb so I can move it between rooms. After getting the card working, I moved the stb but when I powered back on the card stopped working again. After a couple of unsuccessful reboots, I reconnected it to the router and booted fine. If this is the case, once booted will it be ok to disconnect router, or will it fail after a while?

Stanman
20-11-10, 15:08
Have you set the cam to autostart in setup/softcam?

Garf
20-11-10, 15:18
Yes, done that. Tried both manual start and auto start, but only worked when I was connected to internet.

basilyoung
20-11-10, 15:30
if you are using Oscam/cccam then you would need to be connected to your local network, if connected to your router, you would also then connect to the internet
baz