PDA

View Full Version : Price

mark_hopley
21-04-10, 20:17
Seems the selling price of this receiver is gonna be £299 looking at a***t website

Was hoping for a cheaper price tag myself:(

oneforall
21-04-10, 20:19
Oh God, one more spammer! Wait, err, perhaps not :D

Sicilian
21-04-10, 20:21
Oh God, one more spammer! Wait, err, perhaps not :D

Mark is not a spammer, know him from other forums :)

He's stated what everyone was hoping for :)

oneforall
21-04-10, 20:24
Of course, of course. I have seen his other posts.
Just ruffling some feathers around here, till the boxes arrive after emerging victorious over Bird hits, Broadcom chip shortages, DM lawsuits, Volcano eruptions, Black marketing, etc. etc.

All in good fun. :)

Retired member
21-04-10, 20:24
Yep already mentioned on some thread somewhere on here Mark, but yes looks like end of May (maybe) for release and price £299, can't say I'm that suprised on price point to be honest, but think it does make the DUO look even better value, imo.

mark_hopley
21-04-10, 21:29
I cant agree more that the duo is good value especially as there is nothing similar to compete with apart from the vastly overpriced dm8000 but with the tm800 looking like it's gonna be ~£230 and released a month b4 the solo I'd say it puts technomate well in the driving seat on this one

Retired member
21-04-10, 21:39
Technomate with non-Broadcom chipset, no third party image support and is to all intents just a re-branded I.T. Gate.... Don't get me wrong I hope is does well, we'll consider stock ourselves then, but I just honestly don't think it's going to be in the same league as a Solo.

Monty
21-04-10, 21:44
I'm no expert judge in these matters but.. I think the price of the VU+ Duo is probably a bit high, but nearest comparable receiver is the DM8000 and we all know the price of that is extreme, so in comparison, the VU+Duo is more acceptable.
The Solo on the other hand has more competition and I personally feel the expected price is unreasonable.
If I was looking for a single tuner HD box, I think I would pass on the Solo.
Only my opinions mind :)

mark_hopley
21-04-10, 21:45
I take your point and you may well be proved spot on if the tm800 performs badly on launch but the biggest selling point on the duo is the price for what you are getting. Nothing else is out there to touch it.

In contrast the solo is 30% more expensive than the tm800 and 100% more expensive than a dm800 clone (although thats altogether another can of worms). I feel anyone with £300 to spend is gonna pass on this and just dig a bit deeper for the twin tuners.

Retired member
21-04-10, 21:52
When the TM-800 has support from third party image suppliers it'll have my interest, until that day it won't compare, it's not even using a Broadcom chipset (mind you that has its benifits at least they may be able to produce stock!). I've also noticed Wizard have put the price up to £249 today, so that makes it only £50 cheaper than the Solo's suggest selling price.... Based on what we know already and what we've seen, I'd be waiting for the Solo... But time will tell....

dfdream
22-04-10, 08:42
I thinks the price of the Duo is pitched very well. When you look at all the VU+ Duo forums you see so many who switched from other similar twin lnb linux PVRs because of poor performance/stability, poor support and poor third partly apps. None of which the DUO suffers from. And all these other linux pvrs are a max of £100 less. Is it £100 saved or £200 wasted....
Duo is very stable and works flawlessly. You can see from the demand that people like it too.

The solo because of the single tuner is probably set a bit high. For the most it would be the second room receiver (bedrooom, kids room, kitchen etc) so you wouldnt really be rushing out to buy 2-3 of them. But if its stable as duo then it does take consideration.

paul362
11-06-10, 20:15
I have to agree with you there dfdream, i used to go with the dream-boxes until now and i can 100% say im now converted to VU.

grtmoby
11-06-10, 20:25
i love my box too :D

@ paul362

what are you after in motor sports ;)

paul362
15-06-10, 19:27
i love my box too :D

@ paul362

what are you after in motor sports ;)

Sorry for the late reply ... what do you mean you lost me there m8 ??