PDA

View Full Version : Problem with hard drive in Solo

Foxylady
13-11-10, 15:28
I read the easy way tut for connecting hard drive to teh solo.
the first part i come across where is states this "select 'Delete Volume'."
When i right click i don't get that option.
The drive my family drive as is a WDBAAA5000ARD power is only via usb cable.
Is there something i am doing wrong.
I have reflashed box since crashes with vix v1.0
Thanks
Foxy

Foxylady
13-11-10, 18:46
Sorted it wiht help from a friend and member on here.
My bro in law bought an hard drive with no separate power supply, he exchanged it and with info from my good friend, i downloaded one of the solo original images and use that to initialize the hard which it found and did straight away.
Hard drive is an external 1.5tb iomega brand.
I have now put back i vixv1.0 and hard drive is now recognised

basilyoung
13-11-10, 20:12
I take it that the external drive is switched on?

that being the case, first try rebooting the unit, then see if the hard drive is found

( this is guess work, as I do not have a solo unit, )
baz

Sicilian
13-11-10, 20:16
Since that tutorial I create I've found that newer images initialize a drive easier if its been formatted NTFS or FAT32 prior to initialize with the image.

Foxylady
13-11-10, 22:23
It was formatted ntfs, i put the latest image vix which is v1.0
But it would fail to initialize the hard drive in vix, so as suggested by my very good friend from his experience, he told me to install older original image for the solo, then it will initialize the hard which it did, i did flash box again with vix and now harddrive is seen and working all ok for now.

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 22:57
maybe this is something that andy may need to look in to then. possible a image error.

Foxylady
13-11-10, 23:28
My bro called me to say it crashed on him again, thisis fresh install, nothing downloaded to it etc so not an memory issue now something else.
I know this is first image from vix for teh solo, but going to see if any has been using other image that is stable, as on duo i dont suffer with crash issues at all

silverfox0786
13-11-10, 23:47
just to see the difference try instaling the stock image and initialising the hdd and epg update and see if it crashes [aparantly cccam works with stock too]

Sicilian
14-11-10, 09:27
My bro called me to say it crashed on him again, thisis fresh install, nothing downloaded to it etc so not an memory issue now something else.
I know this is first image from vix for teh solo, but going to see if any has been using other image that is stable, as on duo i dont suffer with crash issues at all

Please post the crashlog.

Did you create a swapfile?

We are working on a new image that should be a lot more stable, the updates where close to being released when the new image/drivers where released by VU+.

Foxylady
14-11-10, 10:21
I will have to get the log via teamviewer as my sis house a few miles away, but will do it today hopefully.
It is pain somtimes havig to travel to sort this especially me guaranting the vu is a top box which they agreed as gltiching is no longer exsisting, but he wishes he got a duo now merely on basis i don't suffer form crashing issues.
Yes i created a swapfile on the hard drive also before anything happened as i spent a few hours there trying to sort this out as he bought an hard drive with power supply originally.
I did originally install original image but only to initialize the hard drive as i thought vix would be fine due to me thinking the crash only happened previous day when i did epg, i would not have thought it would have crashed again with fresh install and now hardd rive connected plus no epg download.
But after it being on all day, i left my sis home in the evening as i wanted to make sure it was stable and it was.
Then after approx 2 hours when i got home,i got message to say it had crashed.
I will phone them today and see if anything else happened after that.
Thanks sicilian, look forward to newer release, i know it ain't easy creating images and lot of hard work is put into them, very much appreciated the work done by the people in the background

Foxylady
14-11-10, 18:19
Please post the crashlog.
here is crashlog

Sicilian
15-11-10, 06:43
Make sure your swapfile is enabled. Another thing you could try is disable autostart for CCcam. Just means you will have to manually start via softcam manager when you re-boot.

pooface
15-11-10, 10:19
As Sic says, that crash log is a known fault. A swap file fixes it. Maybe because the swap is on a hdd not usb, the slower access time causes the fault to still occur. I personally never had this crash on my solo, even without a swap file and using cccam (but version 2.1.3, not 2.1.4).

The fault should be fixed in the new version... ;)